HABS @ RANGERS | Oct 6th 7pm EST

puck7x

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Habs were lucky to come out of this one. The Rangers are the most talented team in the NHL. Their flaw: goaltending. And that's how Michael Ryder won us the game. A fluke goal in OT. I believe that makes him the league leader in goals. No assists though. Wow, those Rangers amaze me! I love them.

announcers are saying that Théodore has been a solid backbone for the team. all the goals weren't really his fault. :D

Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie

The Habs were lucky to come out of this one. The Rangers are the most talented team in the NHL. Their flaw: goaltending. And that's how Michael Ryder won us the game. A fluke goal in OT. I believe that makes him the league leader in goals. No assists though. Wow, those Rangers amaze me! I love them.

Nope, he's tied with Pierre-Marc Bouchard of the Wild who potted a hat-trick last night against the Flames.

Originally posted by dark_faerie87

Sundin and O'Neil are really the only two players on that team I respect and both of them are hurt. We're gonna rock their socks:lol:

no-brainer prediction: After we rock their socks, Leaf fans, en masse, will trot out the "injuries" excuse!!!

(and also blame the refs)

:que::ghg::hlogo:

Originally posted by shortcat1

announcers are saying that Théodore has been a solid backbone for the team. all the goals weren't really his fault. :D

Well that's good, I saw the first one and there really wasn't anything he could do about it.

Originally posted by JeanLucPilon
Originally posted by dark_faerie87

Sundin and O'Neil are really the only two players on that team I respect and both of them are hurt. We're gonna rock their socks:lol:

no-brainer prediction: After we rock their socks, Leaf fans, en masse, will trot out the "injuries" excuse!!!

(and also blame the refs)

:que::ghg::hlogo:

Yes, that's the unfortunate truth. Oh well, they say ignorance is bliss and laffs fans truly take that to a new dimension.

I found that to be a very entertaining game. Very happy for the young guys on the team. (The future does look bright.) There was some brain freeze at the start and end of the game, but they hung in there and didn't really fall apart. To me that is what helps build character. Good effort , well done boys.:clap::clap::clap:

Kovalev has already played nearly 20 minutes of power play time through 2 games and has a scrawny 2 assists to show for it. "La foule" shall "protest" Big Nose whenever he touchs the puck before Christmas rolls around...

Originally posted by beckham
Nope, he's tied with Pierre-Marc Bouchard of the Wild who potted a hat-trick last night against the Flames.

Marc Chouinard.

Sorry, my bad. But Bouchard did get three assists, so I was partially right:king:

Kovalev has already played nearly 20 minutes of power play time through 2 games and has a scrawny 2 assists to show for it. "La foule" shall "protest" Big Nose whenever he touchs the puck before Christmas rolls around...

2 assists in 2 games isn't bad. And he had a lot of chances. The point is he's playing well and much better than some of the best players in the league. It's too early to tell.

2 assists in 2 games isn't bad. And he had a lot of chances. The point is he's playing well and much better than some of the best players in the league. It's too early to tell.

I agree, if he continues at this pace he'll have 82 points at the end of the season, not too shabby at all. And then look at Markov, he's playing extremely well so far, how much of that can be attributed to Kovalev's presence/leadership skills? Stats don't show everything, and remember, we're only two games into the season, lots can change.

The Habs were lucky to come out of this one. The Rangers are the most talented team in the NHL. Wow, those Rangers amaze me! I love them.

:o:?-:o

On what basis do you make that statement? I can agree that, in some ways Montreal shouldn't have won the game but, on the whole they did outplay them. What nearly killed them was the missed power play opportunities (1 out of 11 - yuck). Aside from that, Jagr & his playmates were pretty well shut down. Three goals, I know but those didn't really come from constant pressure.

Back to the topic. The most talented team? Hmm.. I don't know. That ignores the Lightning, the Flames and, especially, most especially the Senators - that's a loaded team.

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo:

A nice result on the road, even if there were some bumps along the way. I'm hoping Dandy and Souray figure out the new (old) rules and get it together (respectively) soon. I agree with Becks that Kovalev hasn't been overly impressive so far... but I'm confident he'll pull it together. He's looking comfortable out there, and getting chances; it's a matter of time.

I like James Duthie's comment: Mike Ryder is on pace for 82 game-winning goals! And the Habs, for 164 points. (Ah, to dream.)

Originally posted by Mont Royale

A nice result on the road, even if there were some bumps along the way. I'm hoping Dandy and Souray figure out the new (old) rules and get it together (respectively) soon. I agree with Becks that Kovalev hasn't been overly impressive so far... but I'm confident he'll pull it together. He's looking comfortable out there, and getting chances; it's a matter of time.

I like James Duthie's comment: Mike Ryder is on pace for 82 game-winning goals! And the Habs, for 164 points. (Ah, to dream.)

Welcome Mont Royale.You'll enjoy your time with this community. Many colourful personalities sharing a wide variety of opinions. Game nights are especially interesting as you follow the flow of the discussion during the ups & downs of the action. :)

I live in Toronto, and its refreshing to hear the media (TSN, Sportsnet, The Fan) now talk about the Habs with respect and waiting for them to explode offensively.

As for the Leafs, you can detect fear, they are not sure what's going to happen and what to expect. Not too much optimism on that front.

Things are back to normal ! Its the way it should be.

:ghg:

[Edited on 2005/10/7 by HabsfaninTO]

Originally posted by HabsfaninTO

I live in Toronto, and its refreshing to hear the media (TSN, Sportsnet, The Fan) now talk about the Habs with respect and waiting for them to explode offensively.

As for the Leafs, you can detect fear, they are not sure what's going to happen and what to expect. Not too much optimism on that front.

Things are back to normal ! Its the way it should be.

[Edited on 2005/10/7 by HabsfaninTO]

Oh I am sure Don the Headcase Cherry will have something stupid to say on Hockey Night In ???? about how soft Montreal is. I am Sure Toronto media is only going to cover Sundin for the next 6 weeks.

The T-DOT media also forgot they have a professional Basketball team already.

We should be very happy for a few things. Markov was playing as good as any other #1 Dman out there. All aspects of his game were awesome.

Boulion and Komisarek made mistakes but both of these guys are better than last year.

Perezhogin needs to play on the first line. His speed and the ability to find "the right spot" are a gift the Habs need to exploit.

Send Zednik to the second line in place of Dags.

We were sloppy at times but one hell of an exciting game.

:hlogo:

Welcome Mont Royale.You'll enjoy your time with this community. Many colourful personalities sharing a wide variety of opinions. Game nights are especially interesting as you follow the flow of the discussion during the ups & downs of the action. :)

Thanks, shortcat. I've been reading for awhile now, and finally got around to registering. Looks like a good group of fans - I'm sure I'll enjoy mixing with the colourful personalities!

:hlogo::/):hlogo:

Huh? There aren't many guys on the Rags that I would want on the Habs. Good teams can play ugly and win, which is what happened last night with the Habs. But to call the Rags the most talented team in the league? Puh-leeze!!

The Habs were lucky to come out of this one. The Rangers are the most talented team in the NHL. Their flaw: goaltending.

You are joking right?

I enjoyed watching Ward and Hossa do everything they could to beat the Habs...it was fun.

But calling the Rangers with Hossa and Ward as key elements to their teams success, "the most talented team in the nhl" is quite funny indeed.