Balej To Vancouver

Captain_Stealth

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=139012&hubname=

Balej with a conditional 2006 draft pick for Fedor Fedorov.

To me this is great because I thought the most we'd get for Fedor was future considerations. Yes I know Balej didn't make the Rangers roster, but what do you all think of him and his potential seeing how he was a habs? Thanks.:/)

I don't know why the link doesn't work.:?-

[Edited on 2005/10/7 by Captain_Stealth]

Canucks did for sure. I'm a Vancouver fan, living so close, and I get to watch a lot of games. I also follow the farm team a little bit. Fedorov is another Marcel Hossa, on a much more extreme scale. Even more talent and strength/size than Marcel, even less work ethic and desire. He's played 15 games in the NHL and never scored. Brian Burke hated him. It was do or die this year for Fedor, and apparently they wanted him on the team but couldn't agree to a contract (I could be very wrong on this one)

Balej gives them a shot at having someone who can make their lineup, and who brings it every night.

The Canucks did. Balej is a more naturally talented player. He may be smaller and lighter but he can skate like the wind. He has the talent that, if he's matched with others who can support him and skate with him, he'll do well.

Fedorov is a good skater too but he's inconsistent. He could develop into a better all-round player but...

If Fedorov does develop like he can then the Rangers win but, otherwise, it's Vancouver's steal on this one. Not a big steal but a steal nonetheless.

Yeah, I'm suprised the Nucks got anything for Fedor, even though he played well during the preseason. Maybe they were just shopping him, who knows. I don't think that man's played a full game in his entire life. He has one good shift then takes the rest of the night off.

The Canucks won out on this one. Balej is a more naturally talented player. Fedorov could develop into a better all-round player but...

Balej, on a line with skaters and people who can support him (due to his size and weight) could make a good impact for the Canucks.

The balance will be decided IF Fedorov decides to put his shoulder to the wheel. Balej's already is.

Fedorov wanted a one way deal. Nonis didn't want to give him a one way, and Fedor has looked good but he also has made a lot of mistakes and at best can get a 4th line job with us and Goren and Bouck are better for that role. He would most likey go back to Russia but his agent wanted a trade for Fedor. I like this a lot, because at least Balej gives us a scorer for the Moose.:D You never know........

Fedorov is selling Fedorov short, beck. More than enough talent but not near enough desire.

I also see that you saw an opportunity to throw in a dig at Kovalev. ;)

He made the Canucks team, they didn't trade him due to a "lack of desire". They traded him because they couldn't get him to fit under their salary cap.

If Slats ends up with a 24 year old who scored 14 points in 29 RSL games instead of a 32 year old who scored 22 points in 35 RSL games a year ago, he has to feel O.K. Especially when the 24 year old earns about 1/10 the salary.

[Edited on 2005/10/7 by beckham]

I've seen Fedorov (and the Canuck rooks) play against the Tbirds from UBC... Fedorov has speed and talent but NO Grey matter...thinks he's his brother's image ...I also recall he had one fight early in the game and was chalenged for a second one but before he could get to it he chickened out...He Sucker punched the guy from behind as he was leaving the penalty box to get to his bench... he was waiting for him to turn his back... It was Indecent to the max got kicked out of the game for it Like he knew he would... got out of that beating even though he was one foot and 30 pounds bigger.

Originally posted by CoRvInA

...He Sucker punched the guy from behind as he was leaving the penalty box to get to his bench... he was waiting for him to turn his back... It was Indecent to the max got kicked out of the game for it Like he knew he would... got out of that beating even though he was one foot and 30 pounds bigger.

Sure that isn't Bertuzzi you're talking about? Maybe Fedor has been watching Vancouver's big man, and thought if he threw a chicken* sucker punch, he would become the toast of the town and get standing O's wherever he showed up...:puke::puke::puke:

Originally posted by beckham

He is 6-4, 230 and skates like Balej. Last season in the RSL he put up similar numbers to Kovalev and he is a lot bigger and younger.

I agree. Balej couldn't even crack the Rangers's line-up. Fedorov is better and will surely play make a team this season.

Buyt who knows how they'll develop. It's fair. A safe trade, not much can go wrong.

I don't blame Nonis. He had one good game at the end of preseason, and was a defensive disaster throughout.

I dont think much of either player as they have not proved anything. Plus for Vancouver, where is he going to play. This is a loaded team with Bert back.

Vancouver in my mind is a clear cut contender for the western final because they can SCORE! Everybody keeps talking about Edmonton and Calgary, should never forget about Colorado and Vancouver... so much disrespect. Mattias and Ed are two fabulous D-Men you can build a champion team around. Lots of Good Defenceman in the western conference :hockey:

Uhhh.... what happened to the other posts?

That's really weird... I clicked the arrow to the left and just got the quick reply box. Then I clicked the page 2 of the string and got the same thing. Was wondering for a minute...

[Edited on 2005/10/8 by shortcat1]

Originally posted by Dalhabs

Im curious about what beckham wrote in here since it got him banned... can someone tell me ? :P

In another string, Puck7x (I think) that the banning wasn't because of something that beckham said on the website but of some other matter. He also said that the reason was not open to public knowledge - it's a private matter between beck and puck7x.

We can certainly respect that.

Originally posted by shortcat1
Originally posted by Dalhabs

Im curious about what beckham wrote in here since it got him banned... can someone tell me ? :P

In another string, Puck7x (I think) that the banning wasn't because of something that beckham said on the website but of some other matter. He also said that the reason was not open to public knowledge - it's a private matter between beck and puck7x.

We can certainly respect that.

I bet he was Linden_Fan undercover... like someone else said in another thread... good kick anyway since I hate these eurohating superpesimistic guys... I wont miss him.

:ghg: