World's most expensive doorman?

beckham

Danis earns $875,000 per annum!:o

That means that prior to the rollback he was given a first round draft pick entry level contract as a free agent...:?-

Best paid zombie with a soul patch and an out of fashion trucker's hat in the country, I bet.

Two-way contract. They figured if he was good enough to win the backup job, they should be paying him a decent amount.

And the entry level contract has nothing to do with what round you were drafted in.

He gets paid more than Huet. But it's a only a drop in the bucket. Nothing to worry about and not worth a whole thread on the topic.

Speaking of Huet, it looks like Garon may have lost the starter's role in L.A. after just one game. He was lit up in the first game of the year for the Kings, Labarbara went in for the second game and the Kings won...

Danis wasn't drafted at all. Every team in the league had a couple dozen shots at him. Not the type of player you sign for the rookie max.

I don't want to get super technical, but entry level cap is only for draft picks, so technical there was no upper limit for Danis' contract.

But I get your point, maybe overpaid, but it hasn't really affected the team cap space at all so no point in focusing on it.

Originally posted by beckham

Danis earns $875,000 per annum!:o

That means that prior to the rollback he was given a first round draft pick entry level contract as a free agent...:?-

Best paid zombie with a soul patch and an out of fashion trucker's hat in the country, I bet.

Hey beckham banned, You Are Funny! I laughed my A$$ off at that one liner.

I noticed him being banned too. Was this the thread that crossed the limit? I'd've thought it was the "Too many Euro/ FC players" thread.

Anyway, it is true that he's overpaid. Huet gets, I think, the league minimum which is a great for a decent back-up goaltender. Danis deserves not a cent more than the league minimum (actually not a single NHL-er deserves more than the league minimum.)

Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie

I noticed him being banned too. Was this the thread that crossed the limit? I'd've thought it was the "Too many Euro/ FC players" thread.

No it wasnt this thread, and his reason for banning isnt up for discussion on the "public" forum. If you really want to know why you can find out another way. But lets just say he REALLY went over the line, all because of a misunderstanding on his part too.

Well you can thank the flyers for Danis getting so much. But I assume this is really just another freaking lame attempt to put down Quebec born goaltenders. As someone who saw and followed Danis's career at Brown, he was one of the best ECAC goalies I've seen in the last few years. There's a reason why he was considered the top goalie in the NCAA during his final year, despite playing on a very average team that struggled to score.

Then he goes on to be named one of the top 3 rookie goalies in the AHL during likely the leagues best season ever talent wise.

I never saw the actual contract amount, but I do know that the flyers made a very serious offer to Danis which rasied the stakes. There were other teams involved if I recall correctly but I forget what teams they were. Savard tried to get Danis after his strong junior year but he didn't want to leave Brown without his degree. Then he goes on a tear and has an unreal senior year, putting Brown at the top of the league for most of the season. The team struggled without him this past season.

Good goaltenders are going to cost money. Danis is a prospect that may become great. He is under $1M dollars so I am ok with the Montreal Management spending Mr. Gillett's money on him.

I think every young player we have deserves a fair shake at making the team and reaping as much $$$$ as they can. Is he overpayed? Maybe, but lets wait and see when he finally gets into a game before tearing him down. I am not confident with any of our goalies other than Jose just yet as they have to prove themselves. All I can say is when he gets the call to play is "Go Danis Go". :hockey:

Danis was a runner-up for the Hobey-Baker, there was a bunch of teams after him. Habs did well to outbid them and get him. He allowed us to trade Garon, carried the Bulldogs to the playoffs and is backstopping Theodore now, all that achieved in a very short span. Worth every penny.

When I first read about Danis, about how well he did in the college game and the fact that he willingly went with Montreal, I was positively intrigued and excited. Hobey Baker nominees or winners don't NHL greats make but there are strong possibilities.

Later, when he did superbly well in the AHL, I thought, WOW, they got themselves a good one who wanted to be with them. This is so cool!

Now, I read , on hockeysfuture.com how he rates, and his potential, I continue to be excited. Like was said above,

GO YANN GO!!!

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo:

No. He doesn't have much of a future in Montreal. He might end up as a starter but on another team. Just when Theo is getting old, Price will be more than ready.

Originally posted by Tony

Do you think Yann will challenge Theo and Price one day for the starting goalie job?

I don't expect that he will be a long-term #1 for Montreal either.

But, on the other hand, he has proven more than Price has so far. Keep in mind, like many other drafted prospects, Price may have peaked in terms of progress or he may not progress as well as he is 'expected' too. It's a long time between 18 years of age and being a # 1 starter for a team. Much can happen along the way. I hope that it doesn't but that doesn't exclude the possibility.

Geeze for some reason the forum seems more positive today, wonder why that is?

Unfortunatley for Yann Danis, I think he'll eventually find his way out of Montreal with their depth of Goaltending. Between Theodores 3 year contract, and Carey Price in the minors, Danis is going ot have a hard time finding steady employment in Montreal. Will probably be demoted when and if Huet comes back.

But I hope like Garon, he plays welll and Montreal can deal him to another team for a different asset and he gets a chance somewhere else.