Game Thread | Canadiens vs. Maple Leafs | 10/08/05

Spider-Man NL

People in my grade are having a hockey pool. I didn't join. Why should I take their money?:P They chose goalies like Lalime and Cloutier. Cloutier I can understand because he's on a good team but Lalime is possibly the worst starter in the league. Anyway, they make crazy trades every day. Non-stop blockbusters.

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Macaskill
Originally posted by dark_faerie87

Wow, 379 points for my sportingnews hockey pool. 'Twas a good night all around.

did u calculate the points yourself or are they up?

I'm in a pool with my friends also, I was leading after the first day of action by over 100 points, but now dropped to 5th as many of my guys haven't played till tonight...

but now everyone, cept Naslund (who'll likely get one soon) got a point, so I'm looking to gain some ground again.

I'm addicted to hockey pools :P.

Haha, I'm such a nerd, I counted them myself. I'm currently whipping everyone else in my division. The next closet guy is 150 points behind me and unless Ethan Moreau does something he'll get like 10 points.

Naslund SHOOTS HE SCORES!!!... Guess who I've got in my pool.... Naslund AND Horcoff... muahahaha.. both have the goals in this game so far.

Apart from them, I took Hamhuis, who got an assist tonight... Havlat scored tonight as well. Joseph is playing against the Wild as we speak.

The way my friends and I set up our pool was with a Draft... so that no player could be shared by 2 people in the pool. We did the draft before pre-season started to make it even more interesting.

The only trade I've made so far was selling Kronwall(he got injured)... for Ehrhoff from San Jose.... he was a scratch tonight though... :puke: Considering they scored 7 goals... it would have been great if he had played.

I really thought that Joseph would be playing better as I feel Phoenix has got a pretty good team... gotta give them time I guess.

I've actually got two teams, an all-Montreal squad and then another one with Spezza, Heatley, Ovechkin, Marcel Hossa, Gonchar, Dandenault and Hasek.

Woah, you're staying up late. I'll try to have those sweet habbie dreams you always talk about. Say, you know any good lullabies?

Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie

Woah, you're staying up late. I'll try to have those sweet habbie dreams you always talk about. Say, you know any good lullabies?

Heh, how about the Habs goal song?:/)

Night Tommy, have a good sleep!

Originally posted by tommy9

Gooood night to everyone & sweet Habs dreams :):).

4.45 morning is here in Kladno. Time to :zzz::zzz:

habs-avat.JPG

Now that is habs dedication!

It is 11pm in Ontario and one of my buddies just called to go play NHL 2004 on his XBOX. I like it better than my Playstation, easier to score. Good Night Tommy9 and fellow habs fans.:hlogo:

... just the Lullaby-song from Robert Smith :P. You know The Cure maybe?

Originally posted by Howie_Morenz
Originally posted by tommy9

Gooood night to everyone & sweet Habs dreams :):).

4.45 morning is here in Kladno. Time to :zzz::zzz:

habs-avat.JPG

Now that is Habs dedication!

It is 11pm in Ontario and one of my buddies just called to go play NHL 2004 on his XBOX. I like it better than my Playstation, easier to score. Good Night Tommy9 and fellow Habs fans.:hlogo:

It's 4:59 am over here and I'm still too excited after the game to be able to get some sleep :D

Originally posted by DJ_Laszlo

It's 4:59 am over here and I'm still too excited after the game to be able to get some sleep :D

... but not a perfect evening for both of us. Your "yellow-blues" lost in Croatia and we are in shock little bit after "Oranjes" avalanche in Prague. We need the win in your part of Europe now. But Suomi could be dangerous!:o

by the way what is the habs goal song?

In the pre-season i think it was vertigo from U2...

3-0-0 baby!! WOOOOOOOOOO

I'd take perezhogin over Dagenias anyday!

Originally posted by Koivu11

by the way what is the habs goal song?

In the pre-season i think it was vertigo from U2...

3-0-0 baby!! WOOOOOOOOOO

I'd take perezhogin over Dagenias anyday!

Yeah it was, hopefully not for the regular season though.

Originally posted by simonus

anybody know a good website where i can get a highlight reel?

The best place would be the Habs official website, but I don't know if its up yet.

Ah, here we go: http://www.nhl.com/scores/index.html

thanks, thats great!

Hmm, less than 100 posts to set a new record for longest thread.

I wonder if enough hung-over fans will wake up tomorrow morning to come share their joy over the Habs win tonight... hehe.

Hmm, less than 100 posts to set a new record for longest thread.

I wonder if enough hung-over fans will wake up tomorrow morning to come share their joy over the Habs win tonight... hehe.

When's our next game anyways?

We play Ottawa on Tuesday. I believe that game will be a real test, as Ottawa is considered one of the best in the league, and has a good shot at the cup... of course, not if we have anything to say about that, hehe.

Also our home opener on that night, look for the Habs to come out flying once again.

Habs/Sens surely should be one fast game.

Monday, I think. In Montreal vs Ottawa. We always seem to have trouble with them.

And I'll push to get the record here. Once shortcat wakes up, it's in the bag. The thread was on great pace but it fell asleep. It had 10 pages a couple of hours before the game. Then I checked in at the first intermission and it was on page number 12. The goals brought people alive though. Another ugly win though.

We're 3-0-0 and we haven't played any decent hockey yet. We need to play our best but hey, the dirty ones count too.

Monday, I think. In Montreal vs Ottawa. We always seem to have trouble with them.

And I'll push to get the record here. Once shortcat wakes up, it's in the bag. The thread was on great pace but it fell asleep. It had 10 pages a couple of hours before the game. Then I checked in at the first intermission and it was on page number 12. The goals brought people alive though. Another ugly win though.

We're 3-0-0 and we haven't played any decent hockey yet. We need to play our best but hey, the dirty ones count too.

For sure. I agree that the Ottawa game should be a test as I believe they've won the season series for the past few years. But if we continue to play as we have been, step up the defense, and Theo plays like he can, we should be able to win.

Oh wow, looks like Edmonton pulled a Montreal/Ottawa on Vancouver tonight. Tied the game with 23 seconds to go and won in the shootout. Amazing that Vancouver didn't blow the doors off Edmonton in the shootout with such snipers as Naslund and Bertuzzi.

Like 5 pages I think.

Daaaamn. Thats alot and its really slowed down.

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo: