Game Thread | Canadiens vs. Maple Leafs | 10/08/05

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously... we really have to make fewer misstakes. Theo made a few misstakes, Ryders giveaway on the 1-1 goal was scary. We play great offence and good D most of the game but these misstakes have to be reduced when we face the sens.

I think it was Theo's weakest game so far but not all the goals were bad. The Domi deflection and the one where he was pushed into the net were not his fault. Luckily the Habs made up for it by finding their scoring touch. Koivu was awesome and Kovalev is starting to play better as well so it's lookin' up for the first line.

The first line has got to have one hell of a game to beat Ottawa on Tuesday.

Leafs and Sens play Monday... so it should be interesting to see if Hasek plays both games or not. Emery looks to be a pretty damn good back-up, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him get a start against either us or the Leafs.

Originally posted by Macaskill

The first line has got to have one hell of a game to beat Ottawa on Tuesday.

Leafs and Sens play Monday... so it should be interesting to see if Hasek plays both games or not. Emery looks to be a pretty damn good back-up, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him get a start against either us or the Leafs.

WoW this thread is still going!

Hasek is playing well, however Ottawa has to put up with our fast forwards and skill. Yes Montreal has to do a better job in front of Jose, and yes Jose has to get his act together for this game. I said Montreal would give Toronto 2 cheap goals but did not think Theo would give away 3 to make Toronto look good.

Overall I am now impressed with this team because they are fast and dont give up. In years past after giving up a lead Montreal would have tanked it. now, after the other team scores Montreal comes right back and presses.

What has me really excited is that the team is young. This means WHEN we get to the playoffs, the young guys will help the team go deep into the playoffs.

Bulis is looking good and so is Bonk. Yes they are not perfect and sometimes pace themselves, but you have to consider it will be a long season. Sundstrom is looking good too.

Koivu..Koivu...Koivu..Koivu Man I love this guy like one of my brothers. This guy inspires me to better at what I do. He is the leader of the team and really helped turn that game around last night.

I know long post, so much happened in that game it was great fun.....

[Edited on 2005/10/9 by Howie_Morenz]

Sorry I'm late guys. It was a Saturday night, what can I say?

Gotta mention that shot by Sundstrom! WHOA! I'll even overlook the bad pass he did seconds before because it was so good.

Also, it was wonderful to watch Souray launch that rocket. It was an unimpeded shot that Belfour just didn't see.

How about Kovalev protecting the puck for about 20 seconds behind the net. Leafs defenders didn't want to take a penalty to stop him. Too bad it didn't result in a goal, but it was still great to watch.

Trizzak you are right about the chances Sundstrom takes. It is good if you have total confidence in your goalie.

This team is fun to watch, not like the old boring clutch, grab and hold they had to do in the past. Every team was guilty of this too.

I am looking forward to Jose bouncing back like Sheldon did last night.

theo especially did not play very much in preseason... luckily we are winning games while the rust shakes off.

Hopefully this game is an indication that Sheldon's has some rust to shake off as well.

Originally posted by Trizzak

Sorry I'm late guys. It was a Saturday night, what can I say?

Gotta mention that shot by Sundstrom! WHOA! I'll even overlook the bad pass he did seconds before because it was so good.

Also, it was wonderful to watch Souray launch that rocket. It was an unimpeded shot that Belfour just didn't see.

How about Kovalev protecting the puck for about 20 seconds behind the net. Leafs defenders didn't want to take a penalty to stop him. Too bad it didn't result in a goal, but it was still great to watch.

Only going by the bold comment from your post.

I have noticed him taking chances with his passes as well. No worse than any one else as Koivu made a very bad pass in the third period and I thought Toronto was going to score.

I'm just saying that the pass was in either Bonks' or Bulis' skates. A better pass on the stick probably would have resulted in a shot (not necessarily a goal.) I'm just of the opinion that it didn't look sharp, but he made up for it by unleashing the sniper shot in the top corner. I think it hit the crossbar and the post, and it sounded terrific.

I'm back. So it looks like we're still three pages back form the record.

And the pass went to Bonk. Bulis only got an assist because Bonk's pass bounced off his stick.

My game checklist was almost completed!!

1) Souray scores a PP goal from the point. Check!

2) Koivu and Kovalev wake up and get a few points. Check.

3) Bulis gets a point. Check.

4) Ribeiro breaks out of his slump. Check.

5) Ryder plays better and gets an assist. Check.

6) Plekanec gets his first goal. ---

*And a surprise performance by Begin that I wasn't expecting. True he plays like that every night but he doesn't score every night and had there been another half second on the clock it would have been two.

Ya but we're still 91 posts back of the record. I really wanted to beat it. There's nothing left to talk about though. Let's put this off until the next Habs vs Leafs game.

Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie

Ya but we're still 91 posts back of the record. I really wanted to beat it. There's nothing left to talk about though. Let's put this off until the next Habs vs Leafs game.

Well, this thread still did pretty well for itself, nothing to be ashamed of.

We've always got the home opener game thread to look forward to :D

That's a very creepy picture.

He looks a lot like a spy of some sort, heh. Secret Agent Hasek.

No wonder he's so good, he's probably been trained in the Dark Arts or something.

Originally posted by puck7x
Originally posted by shortcat1

Oh yeah, a challange for you guys. Lets make this the biggest thread in HW history, you have my permission to go crazy.

Really? Wow! Can we challenge you to improve on your spelling-challange too? ;);););)

How about the smart-ass challenge?

Dont get smart with the admin, you saw what happened to beckham. :guru:

;)

SORRY.... sorrrrrrrrrryyyyyyy.............................:wall::puke::eyes:

Oh well, I guess Komisarek will get his shot at the leafs next Saturday, and I'll be there in person, so its even better :)

Streit had to play sooner or later, I suppose. lets hope he doesnt look too out of place.

He certainly didn't. He played well. Good for him.

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo:

Originally posted by The-Habby2919

Im Hyperventilating in excitement here!!!

Have you tried using a brown paper bag? :)

Originally posted by simonus

what i take away from this is that when the team struggles, theo comes to the rescue.

When theo struggles, the team comes the rescue...

nice arrangment.

At worst, I hope this continues to be the case.

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo: