Angelo Esposito

BTH

I know pretty much nothing about this guy except that he's 16 and is the next prospect to excite the World. I don't even know his first name. He wears number 7.

[Edited on 2005/10/8 by Bulis_the_Habbie]

Yes, he's really racking up the points in the Q at the moment.

At the same time, keep in mind that the season is long and this could be merely a hot streak.

In any case, for now, he'll be the fodder for media sensationalism.

[Edited on 2005/10/8 by shortcat1]

I heard of him a couple of years ago. He was The Next One when he was 14. His name was repeated again today in the Gazette and on TSN so I remembered hearing of him.

All of these 'next one's remind me of the movie adds that say something like: 'The movie of the year!', 'The best movie of the year!', 'The movie you'll remember forever!', 'The best movie...', 'Never to be surpassed!', etc.

These movies are all surpassed by 'The movie of the year!', 'The best movie of the year!', 'The movie you'll remember forever!', 'The best movie...', 'Never to be surpassed!', etc. which are surpassed by 'The movie of the year!', 'The best movie of the year!', 'The movie you'll remember forever!', 'The best movie...', 'Never to be surpassed!', etc., etc, etc, ad nauseum.

They find one critic who calls it his favoutire movie and then they put it in big writing. The truth is every movie is "The movie of the year" because the director himself is probably the name in the small writing besides the movie.

But anyway, this is The Next Number One Overall Prospect! Will he be happy to hear that title?

Originally posted by Tony

I thought Phil Kessel was the next projected player to be picked first overal in the next draft.

Yea, me 2... but I guess Esposito misses the toilet less often.

I guess they saw how all the hype surrounding Crosby got people watching... especially juniors.

With the new NHL and the "partnership" which has been created, there's more emphasis on the media section of the business. They're just about using these young guys as a product.

I mean why not? If you can get some people following these young guys... Crosby, Kessel (who's American?...), and now Esposito... then potentially you've got an opportunity to hook someone for another 5 years because the fan wants to see how this new guy develops through the years.

Everyone's going to be looking for the new young guys who might attract a great market. That way, first one there can build them up more and more in hope for some self profit.

I wouldn't be surprised if some of these guys turn into one hit wonders... It's almost like American Bandstand... thank you Dick Clark!

lol, anyway, not that I've rambled on, I'm not saying Esposito is going to be a bust, but anything can happen from then to now.

What ever happened to that other kid... Taveres, or Traveres or something? He was 14, and since he was doing so good a league let him in even thought he was too young because he was a "special case" or something like that.

Thx for the link :D.

John Tavares... John Tavares... John Tavares... John Tavares... John Tavares... John Tavares... John Tavares.

Maybe I'll remeber his name now... hehe.

So only one question left.... who's gonna be #1 in 2008?

2006: Phil Kessel

2007: Angelo Esposito

2008: ???

2009: John Tavares

Okay, one more for good luck... John Tavares.

Esposito has been compared to a faster Vinny LeCavalier.

Tavares is an interesting story. Youngest player ever to play in the O.

Esposito cannot play for Canada at this years WJC. That sucks considering we're without Crosby, and likley Brule. Maybe Staal.

The 3 Habs to the rescue!

Phil Kessel & John Tavares. The first one sounds familiar but the second one is new to me. So I guess that means Tavares is like 13. Woah, I'm older than a well-known hockey player. There's a first for everything.

Why was this moved from Prospects to NHL? He is a <b>prospect</b> and is two years away from the <b>A</b>HL.

Well I do not care who goes first overall when. I just hope that the same thing does not happen to these prospects that happend to Crosby. The media circus following Sid puts Cirque de Soleil to shame. Is Crosby worth the attention? In my opinion yes. He will be a great player. But this is out of control. Sidney Crosby is everywhere you look. They need to take a step back and let him play the game.

I think Angelo Esposito has a younger brother or cousin who was the talk of town at the latest Pee-Wee Tournament here in Qc. Another phenomenon in the making.

Just shows how early these kids get media's attention.

This guy is SICK!! It was stated in the Montreal Gazette that he got 14 points in only 4 games. Jeeez after that its like "Crosby who"?? Ya thats right. This guy IS the next 1.

Considering this guy was born in Montreal, it's my guess that he IS a Habs fan. That's great, another young guy who's going to want to someday find his way into a Habs uniform.

Originally posted by GoHabs2002

Kessel is getting drafted in June 2006, Esposito in June 2007.

A long time to go. There was a time that Kyle Chipchura was rated # 1 overall. He suffered some injuries and a difficult stretch and his stock dropped an awful lot.

The same can happen to both of these kids.

Originally posted by Macaskill

Thx for the link :D.  

John Tavares... John Tavares... John Tavares... John Tavares... John Tavares... John Tavares... John Tavares.

Maybe I'll remeber his name now... hehe.  

So only one question left.... who's gonna be #1 in 2008?

2006: Phil Kessel

2007: Angelo Esposito

2008: ???

2009: John Tavares

Okay, one more for good luck... John Tavares.

2008: FOZZY THE BEAR!

[Edited on 2005/10/10 by shortcat1]