Aug. 1, Game 1 - Habs vs Penguins, 8 PM

dlbalr

Amazing kill.

Drouin remains on PP1 after doing what he has done...really?  I'm all aboard the fire Julien bandwagon now for issuing Drouin the french get out of jail free card.

10 minutes ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

Weise is so in effective. He doesn't even want the Fn puck. I get the thought process if this was a crash and bang team are facing, but it's not!  Evans needs to dress period.

Evans for Dale, ill take that switch.

2 minutes ago, illWill said:

Win or lose, im just glad to have this excitement back 

why watch overtime playoff hockey when you can simply snort cocaine and ride a motorcycle out of a helicopter

• Like 1

Well, so far this is playing out exactly according to the ‘playoff upset’ instruction manual 👍 Get outchanced and outshot, get superb netminding, get opportunistic scoring...and maybe, just maybe, get the W.

This despite a barrage of dumb penalties from our supposedly savvy vets 🙄

Call it old school but it’s bot a bad idea having a body like Weise in order to protect the more diminutive Weal and Domi. Poehling is the other who could bring in some sand paper but I’m not sure he’s as effective in that role... and yes I use the term effective loosely.

16 minutes ago, Commandant said:

id give hudon a shot.  He was scoring goals in the AHL.  He might bury one of domi's passes. 

Think a concern is that "his man" would get many more scoring chances than he would ... but Evans would IMO bring much more to the table than Weise ... and be available for faceoffs too (51.8% in his short stint with habs this season)

Can someone explain how Sheary got a penalty shot?  The hook would be a weak call the best of times, but doesn’t the infraction have to take away the scoring chance to warrant a penalty shot?  I saw absolutely nothing that took away a scoring chance other than Sheary just not shooting.

O/T Predictions

PENS: Hornqvist

HABS: Chiarot

1 minute ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

Call it old school but it’s bot a bad idea having a body like Weise in order to protect the more diminutive Weal and Domi. Poehling is the other who could bring in some sand paper but I’m not sure he’s as effective in that role... and yes I use the term effective loosely.

Weise isnt protecting sh*t... Domi clearly can handle himself, probably more so then Weise.

1 minute ago, TurdBurglar said:

Can someone explain how Sheary got a penalty shot?  The hook would be a weak call the best of times, but doesn’t the infraction have to take away the scoring chance to warrant a penalty shot?  I saw absolutely nothing that took away a scoring chance other than Sheary just not shooting.

Wasnt much, but dont think horrible call at least; if scored i might fell different.:)

3 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

Key is consistency ... set a standard and call everything the same

5 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Great work by the penalty kill that period.  And what a 'playoff' debut for Suzuki so far.

What a playoff debut indeed. Getting the call on the 5on3... his penalty killing has been superb

3 minutes ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

Weise isnt protecting sh*t... Domi clearly can handle himself, probably more so then Weise.

You’re right. It’s more likely that there’s absolutely zero reason.