The beckham Ban

shortcat1

Originally posted by beckham

I don't think the team needs any "protection" from those goons. Let them take their dumb penalties and fill the nets on the PP. More likely that Dagenais is just so bad that Ivanans has to be a step up regardless of the situation.

Hey! I like your 1st avatar. It grabs the eye! There's a sense of exclusion in it, of separateness, of being out there. ;)

I have to edit this post. At first, I thought that this was just another of beck's antics. Just another loose cannon shot, the kind that I appreciate and enjoy in my friends that have that quality.

After reading some comments from other members in the 'doorman' string, I wonder if this isn't actually what has happened to him.

If so, I must respectfully protest the action. Part of the 'offensive' quality of his presence is the unnecessary over-reaction to his comments.

Yes, he may have said some stuff that is in the area of Don Cherryisms but, so what? Relax, loosen up and accept the fact that he can say this stuff and not necessarily be hurtful to people. Just put the comments and opinions in their contexts, comments and opinions. He's not spreading hate literature, he's not calling for a jihad kind of movement, he's not formenting revolution....

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo:

[Edited on 2005/10/8 by shortcat1]

[Edited on 10-9-05 by Fanpuck33]

Originally posted by shortcat1

If so, I must respectfully protest the action. Part of the 'offensive' quality of his presence is the unnecessary over-reaction to his comments.

Yes, he may have said some stuff that is in the area of Don Cherryisms but, so what? Relax, loosen up and accept the fact that he can say this stuff and not necessarily be hurtful to people. Just put the comments and opinions in their contexts, comments and opinions. He's not spreading hate literature, he's not calling for a jihad kind of movement, he's not formenting revolution....

I agree, unless he was totally out of line or wasn't provoked into an offensive comment, I'm protesting this ban.

Originally posted by Trizzak

Yes, he may have said some stuff that is in the area of Don Cherryisms but, so what? ....

I agree, unless he was totally out of line or wasn't provoked into an offensive comment, I'm protesting this ban.

This site is the result of a lot of effort and costs money to maintain -- I think HabsWorld has been very patient with a certain poster who often treated it as a place to stir up shit for the heck of it. There are so many threads where the mods had to go and take away his offensive posts, they don't get paid anyway that is not the sort of work they should be doing, like cleaning up after a spoiled child.

I realize the fellow in question has good hockey knowledge and insight, especially at the minor league level, but far too frequently he slipped in those damn Cherry-isms, knowing full well the reaction they would incite. There are PLENTY of other websites to go to if you want to read that sort of stuff. I don't, so I come here.

And so I support the decision of the people who make and manage this site. (Maybe it's a 10-game ban, anyway whatever.)

Now how about we get back to hockey.

:ghg:

Regarding the off-topic portion of the post, I have seen that Mr. B likes to "push the envelope" beyond reasonble boundaries on occasion and I acknowledge that all of the hardwork and money that is devoted to this wonderful site :/) gives the admins the right to ban someone who repeatedly breaks the quite minimal and reasonable rules in place here. However, is there a reason why the specific action that led to the ban cannot be openly discussed, even in general terms? Just curious

Originally posted by PMAC

Regarding the off-topic portion of the post, I have seen that Mr. B likes to "push the envelope" beyond reasonble boundaries on occasion and I acknowledge that all of the hardwork and money that is devoted to this wonderful site :/) gives the admins the right to ban someone who repeatedly breaks the quite minimal and reasonable rules in place here. However, is there a reason why the specific action that led to the ban cannot be openly discussed, even in general terms? Just curious

No, not really. Alright, since everyone wants to know...

He was banned because he posted a very offensive/vulgar thread directed at the mods, on the Habs Talk forum. Want to know why he posted this thread? Because "Beckham" thought we had deleted his "Perttuu Lindgren " thread, when we had simply moved it to its correct forum (The prospects forum, and not habs-talk where he originally posted it) . It was a completely avoidable ban for beckham if he had only browsed for his thread. Oh well, whats done is done. The ban is not up for review. I've been beckham's biggest defender the past few months, so beleive me, it took alot for me to ban him.

Originally posted by puck7x

No, not really. Alright, since everyone wants to know...

He was banned because he posted a very offensive/vulgar thread directed at the mods, on the Habs Talk forum. Want to know why he posted this thread? Because "Beckham" thought we had deleted his "Perttuu Lindgren " thread, when we had simply moved it to its correct forum (The prospects forum, and not habs-talk where he originally posted it) . It was a completely avoidable ban for beckham if he had only browsed for his thread. Oh well, whats done is done. The ban is not up for review. I've been beckham's biggest defender the past few months, so beleive me, it took alot for me to ban him.

I'm sorry you felt that you had to divulge what you did divulge. In a sense, it was the right thing to do but, for me anyways, it wasn't necessary. This community isn't a democratic society. It's a forum for discussion. It's a forum that you (and whoever works with you) have created and continue to maintain. It likely costs you an awful lot more than money to keep it going.

So, this is your community and we, being members by the kindness of your creation should respect you and your decisions. If any of us don't like it, there are options that we can exercise - asking (and expecting) you to explain why you do things isn't one of them. I may have protested the ban (in part, due to not knowing what happened) but I still maintain an attitude of respect for you.

As to the ban not being up for review. Amen and good for you.

I guess I'm a respecter of lines of authority (have been since my rebellious teens).

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo::ghg::hlogo:

Originally posted by JeanLucPilon
Originally posted by Trizzak

Yes, he may have said some stuff that is in the area of Don Cherryisms but, so what? ....

This site is the result of a lot of effort and costs money to maintain -- I think HabsWorld has been very patient with a certain poster who often treated it as a place to stir up shit for the heck of it. There are so many threads where the mods had to go and take away his offensive posts, they don't get paid anyway that is not the sort of work they should be doing, like cleaning up after a spoiled child.

I realize the fellow in question has good hockey knowledge and insight, especially at the minor league level, but far too frequently he slipped in those damn Cherry-isms, knowing full well the reaction they would incite. There are PLENTY of other websites to go to if you want to read that sort of stuff. I don't, so I come here.

And so I support the decision of the people who make and manage this site. (Maybe it's a 10-game ban, anyway whatever.)

Now how about we get back to hockey.

:ghg:

I know that this smells of splitting hairs but, Jean Luc, please be careful as to how you edit the quotes to which you refer in your posts. Case in point, the highlighted part of the earlier quote seems to be attributed to me but, really, it's a comment made by Trizzak in response to my 'protest'. I'm not the one who wrote that sentence, it was Trizzak.

In any case, we all err. No major issue to be made of this. :)

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo::ghg::hlogo:

In defence of the board here, I saw a new thread by beckham which was way out of line. I liked some of his posts here but that thread was just uncalled for.

There are so many good people on here that it is the ONLY board I will participate on. habs fans should unite and not divide.

Back on topic I am glad to see Ivanans is on the team tonight. I hope he plays tough, not take any stupid penalties and can get an assist to help show Domi what a real hockey player is.

I started this thread? Must have been one of the other three while I was 'away'.

Thanks for that. It must have been bad:o, because you guys have been very patient.

Most of the mods were calling his head for a while. Puck and i were his biggest defenders for a long time. I really liked most of his messages. Obviously there were few that were completly out of the track. He never answered to emails/u2u. His last attack was obviously too much.

And, oh yeah, those genetically disfavoured hockey players from Quebec would beat B.C. anytime anywhere 9 times out of 10 :que:

I started this thread? Must have been one of the other three while I was 'away'.

Hehe, you just happen to be the guy made that first post that really got a thread off track. When we notice a thread getting off track, we try to split it into two different threads, so we don't have threads about players turn into an argument over the price of tea in China, that kind of thing.