Jake Guentzel - Sidney Crosby - Conor Sheary
Jason Zucker - Evgeni Malkin - Bryan Rust
Patrick Marleau - Jared McCann - Patric Hornqvist
Zach Aston-Reese - Teddy Blueger - Brandon Tanev
Brian Dumoulin - Kris Letang
Marcus Pettersson - John Marino
Jack Johnson - Justin Schultz

Matt Murray
Scratches Angello, Czuczman, DeSmith, A. Johnson, Joseph, Lafferty, Larmi, Rodrigues, Ruhwedel, Riikola, Varone
Injuries Nick Bjugstad

https://i.marqueur.com/hockey/i/logo/nhl/1_9_b.gif
1-0-0 record
Forwards Defence/Goalie
Tomas Tatar - Phillip Danault - Brendan Gallagher
Jonathan Drouin - Nick Suzuki - Joel Armia
Paul Byron - Jesperi Kotkaniemi - Artturi Lehkonen
Dale Weise - Max Domi - Jordan Weal
Ben Chiarot - Shea Weber
Brett Kulak - Jeff Petry
Xavier Ouellet - Victor Mete

Carey Price
Scratches Evans, Fleury, Folin, Hudon, Juulsen, McNiven, Olofsson, Poehling, Primeau, Romanov
Injuries Alex Belzile

Puck Drop National TV Regional TV Radio
8:00 PM EST NBCSN, SN, TVA S ATTSN-PT TSN 690 | FM 98.5

8 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I’ll be interested to see if the Habs keep taking penalties - a sign of guys playing out of their depth.

Ca-rey! Ca-rey! Ca-rey!

Meh, Drouin just was lazy stick penalties.

Chiarot was just kinda dumb cross check.

Danault took 3 penalties, but think 1 was a so called "good" penalty, but like Gallagher said "maybe he is rubbing off on Danault".

One of the bizarre stats from Monday night's game is that 8 forwards had 1:57/1:58 of PP time ... and Weber and Petry had 2:03 and 1:57 ... how often is PP time so evenly split between PP units ... weird

14 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

You would be correct..

Just is too bad Juulsen or Fleury arnt playing. Ouelette is scary and Weise made several soft and dumb plays with puck and feel bad for Domi to have a boat anchor on is line, when are better options in pressbox.

You know Malkin will not keep missing all his chances again and with a guy like him,  just have to hope to limit him to a point or two.

8 minutes ago, DON said:

Just is too bad Juulsen or Fleury arnt playing. Ouelette is scary and Weise made several soft and dumb plays with puck and feel bad for Domi to have a boat anchor on is line, when are better options in pressbox.

You know Malkin will not keep missing all his chances again and with a guy like him,  just have to hope to limit him to a point or two.

Ouellette is nothing more than a 4/6/7 defenceman ... but he is trusted to be on the PK (4:52) ... Mete was Ouellette's 5-on-5 partner and nothing else ... *** IF *** a change were made on defence I suspect he would be the one to sit

I agree about Weise but I suspect CJ likes his "physical presence" ... only Petry and Chiarot (6) had more hits that Dale (5) ... and his "playoff experience" ("all" 41 games of it)

23 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Ouellette is nothing more than a 4/6/7 defenceman ...

Ouellete a #4 d-man in the NHL...have some nice herb with your coffee this morning did we?🥴

but he is trusted to be on the PK (4:52) ...

Not by me he isnt, that was 4:52 of nail biting and wondering why in hell was he out there!:rastapop:

17 minutes ago, DON said:

No pressure on the Pens.

"Only Once in 56 Best-of-5 Series has a team come from 2 Games down to win the Series..."

That statistic I agree on, I think that winning tonight would choke the penguins

Martin McGuire  (French radio play by play) was downplaying the statistic on best of 5 series won by teams that won the first game, saying it was from an era when we had dynasties and that the league is more balanced now. But being down 0-2 on the series would be a kiss of death

43 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Ouellette is nothing more than a 4/6/7 defenceman ... but he is trusted to be on the PK (4:52) ... Mete was Ouellette's 5-on-5 partner and nothing else ... *** IF *** a change were made on defence I suspect he would be the one to sit

I don't think he's trusted to kill penalties (he averaged less than a minute per game during the regular season) but rather that Julien doesn't trust Kulak or Mete in that role so it falls to Ouellet by default.  That's where someone like Juulsen (who regularly killed penalties in his rookie year) could really make an impact.

2 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Martin McGuire  (French radio play by play) was downplaying the statistic on best of 5 series won by teams that won the first game, saying it was from an era when we had dynasties and that the league is more balanced now. But being down 0-2 on the series would be a kiss of death

Think of it as a 2-1 series lead as it's effectively the same thing (in a 7-game series, PIT would need 3 more wins, MTL 2).  I don't have the exact numbers but a team coming back from a 2-1 deficit is probably a lot better than 18% of the time which is the success rate from coming back from 1-0 in a best-of-5.  I think that stat is largely overblown as well.

3 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I’ll be interested to see if the Habs keep taking penalties - a sign of guys playing out of their depth.

Ca-rey! Ca-rey! Ca-rey!

I hope they get it under control.  At the same time Pittsburgh got away with a few, one notable was Malkin dumped a habs defenceman, I didn’t see who it was, beside the net without the puck anywhere near while in front of the ref while Pittsburg was on a PP. 

Danault’s hook leading to the penalty shot and the hook in OT were very weak calls at best.  I think the penalties could have been a bit closer, it just wasn’t called that way.

Either way, they can spend a quarter of the game in the penalty box. 

Pens media;

"is it too late to make changes..."

"They have had terrible 5 on 3 for last 15 years..."

"Head coach (name? idk) and Recchi dont have any ideas how to fix the struggling PP."

etc

Love it.

3 hours ago, DON said:

Ouellette is nothing more than a 4/6/7 defenceman ...

Ouellete a #4 d-man in the NHL...have some nice herb with your coffee this morning did we?🥴

My apologies ... TYPO

3 hours ago, DON said:

but he is trusted to be on the PK (4:52) ...

Not by me he isnt, that was 4:52 of nail biting and wondering why in hell was he out there!:rastapop:

Not my ideal choice either ... but if he sits it has to be for someone Julien will trust for that much time on the PK if necessary ... Weber, Petry and Chiarot can only play so much time and Julien has shown he has absolutely no faith in Mete on the PK by playing him for all of 2 seconds "short-handed" (undoubtedly a change after a puck was cleared down the ice just before the penalty ended)

3 hours ago, DON said:

... "Head coach (name? idk) and Recchi dont have any ideas how to fix the struggling PP." ...

Can't quite put my finger on it but sounds familiar

• Like 1