Aug. 3, Game 2 - Habs vs Penguins, 8 PM

dlbalr

11 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

They started the game much better ... but Lemieux strikes first. 🙁 Armia was chasing him, but where is the D?

Petry was chasing butterflies on the wrong side, might as well let #87 walk in free.

2 minutes ago, DON said:

Petry was chasing butterflies on the wrong side, might as well let #87 walk in free.

Watch it again... Petry took the second forward (Sheary).  One of the forwards has to take the third man in. 

10 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Two penalties for too many men in one period?  GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER

Stupid penalties for professionals.

That period was more what I expected this series to be: Habs playing "gallantly" (to quote Price), but Pens just being better.

I loved Armia's game. And despite the goal, Price looked confident and has real presence. The question is: does Crosby have his number?

Still, a one-goal game is hardly out of reach. Minimize the dumb-ass penalties, keep Crosby out of the slot if you can, pot one.

I love how Sportsnet has a Penguins cheerleader on the intermission in Armstrong. Sigh. How come they never have a Nilan or some other guy with the CH on tattooed on his arse on these national broadcasts?

5 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I love how Sportsnet has a Penguins cheerleader on the intermission in Armstrong. Sigh. How come they never have a Nilan or some other guy with the CH on tattooed on his arse on these national broadcasts?

With all of the people they've let go in recent years, Armstrong is now one of their longest-tenured analysts that gets used on a lot of their broadcasts.  Most of their recent hires are former players that are living in the GTA that they're hoping will one day become capable at their job.

1 minute ago, dlbalr said:

With all of the people they've let go in recent years, Armstrong is now one of their longest-tenured analysts that gets used on a lot of their broadcasts.  Most of their recent hires are former players that are living in the GTA that they're hoping will one day become capable at their job.

😄

I don't get what hockey fans did to deserve the crap HNIC throws at them. But at least that blatherskite Cherry is off the air.

24 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Two penalties for too many men in one period?  GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER

13 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Another element for the Habs that appears to be in midseason form...

They have been amongst the league's "best" for taking those ... guys coming on can be overanxious ... guys going off can lollygag ... or both ... whatever way, it is not something that shoukld happen as often as it has for a couple of seasons

Good period so far. Habs probably have the edge.

Not a lot of scoring chances, though. This sort of hypnotic play tends to go "poof" once one team scores, at which point desperation kicks in.

I’m seeing a lot of blind passes either to no one or to the Pens ... more than normal? Or am I just finally noticing???

overall, I’m ok only down by 1 and the Habs competing here in the 2nd. I was worried about a big Pens start to the game. 

but the blind passes ... too much.

I’ve been watching the whole game but I have now entered the game day thread. This will mean either good luck or bad luck.

• Upvote 1

Do they draw straws before the game to decide who is the designated penalty taker each game?