Aug. 3, Game 2 - Habs vs Penguins, 8 PM

dlbalr

1 hour ago, tomh009 said:

Then again, neither is anyone else producing on PP! Crosby has the only PP goal in the series so far, does he not?

Rust wasnt it?

8 hours ago, GHT120 said:

Well, we fundamentally disagree on a few things ... the way forward ... whether fans can be honestly negative about their team and what constitutes a troll ... and I doubt we will ever agree on those things.

I have been a Habs fan since Toe Blake's last Cup (68/69) ... I was a "stay positive", "hope for the best" and "always try to win now" guy until about 18-24 months ago ... I then got fed up with mediocrity and lost faith in MB's ability to make the Habs a contender ... when Bergevin traded for Weber it (IMO) the Habs should have been "all-in" mode to try to win a Cup ... but he tinkered and "built through the drat" ... now Price and Weber are 33 and 35 heading into 20/21 and the Habs are still lacking several pieces

As for taking away your enjoyment ... you have chosen to give me and others far too much influence on you ... and you are making your definition of a "troll" VERY personal to you ... IMO a troll comes on a team site with the sole intent to belittle the team and annoy the fan group as a whole ... I am not saying you shouldn't enjoy the wins if you choose (but hope you don't allow losses to distress you) ... I am just expressing my views on what is best for the team as I want them to win a Cup as soon as possible ... as I am absolutely certain you do as well ... I just see moderate short-term success as the least likely way to get to that Cup status.

We can agree to disagree ... but continue to call me a troll and IMO you are just trolling me

i think the point is... this is a round 1 game 2 thread not a how do we rebuild the team moving forward thread and the enjoyment of getting game analysis and thoughs opinion about the game and playoff round are ruined by the constant blow it up brigade. 

Take your thoughts about a rebuild/ retool and mention them in the proper thread and im sure at some point a response will be forthcoming. in this one you can talk speak to current events.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Commandant said:

They played mainly the second period and then danault was put back on the line in the third.

Mixing the lines didnt work.

I think domi needs to go to.the wing though.  Not cause hes playing badly, but because we need his offence further up the lineup. Id sit weise.  Bring in evans to centre the 4th. 

Domi - Suzuki - Armia

Drouin - Kotkaniemi - Lehkonen

Byron - Evans - Weal

i agree about moving Domi up to wing to get him going but would do it slightly different.

Tatar Danault Gallagher

Drouin Suzuki Domi

Byron KK Armia

Lehkonan Evans Weal

-give KK some more TOI with great 2 way wingers. he's showing great advanced stats thus far and could benefit from added responsibility.

-last change will give us an ability to exploit pitts 3rd line if KK line can prove to handle shared minutes against the Malkin line

-Domi played well with Drouin on his left wing when Reinhart centered them in WJC... maybe catch lightning in a bottle with Suzuki?

-It also removes some of Domi's responsibilities allowing him to focus on getting to the net, shooting more, and just being a full fledged playoff agitator to go with his raw talents.

-Lehkonan dropping down the line up to wing Evans makes for a much more versatile line. 

I wouldnt want to "demote" Drouin just yet.

Anyways those are my changes up front.

in the back

Mete Fleury

although Ouelett has played a regular shift on a successful PK unit thus far. Further complicating that change.

11 minutes ago, DON said:

Dom Luszczyszyn  the Athletic

image.png

“where there is a will there is a way”

”if Price stands on his head”

”we need CJ to play Domi with ...”

Me: I think we are toast

1*9pvXZvs89Cu8Au2W9r3eYw.png

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Which one of those is the 8% toast?

left one (the Lafrenière bandwagon), the right one is for those in the weber/price window bandwagon

• Like 2

15 hours ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

i think the point is... this is a round 1 game 2 thread not a how do we rebuild the team moving forward thread and the enjoyment of getting game analysis and thoughs opinion about the game and playoff round are ruined by the constant blow it up brigade. 

Take your thoughts about a rebuild/ retool and mention them in the proper thread and im sure at some point a response will be forthcoming. in this one you can talk speak to current events.

Fair enough ... for myself and everyone who initiated and then responded to the digression

7 hours ago, tomh009 said:

Which one of those is the 8% toast?

Looks like we have a better chance at winning round 1 than getting Lafreniere.