HTML Codes

BTH

Oh Oh I have a funny feeling we are going to be treated to a Jan Bulis slideshow, from baby pictures to the house he lived in, his first stick and girlfriends and car and... you get the idea. Sheesh why'd you tell BtheH how to do pics?

;)

Originally posted by JeanLucPilon

Oh Oh I have a funny feeling we are going to be treated to a Jan Bulis slideshow, from baby pictures to the house he lived in, his first stick and girlfriends and car and... you get the idea. Sheesh why'd you tell BtheH how to do pics?

;)

If I knew how to do it I would!:) But I screwed up the pic so I'll have to wait on that. Wait, here's another try:

The Rocket.bmp

I drew this myself. My guess is it doesn't show. What's the URL of an image?

http://the%20rocket.bmp/ is the path you have with your post for the URL location. It is taking the image from no location. Also very few programs can bring up Bitmaps or BMP. It should be in .jpg or .gif extension.

My URL for my avatar image is at:

http://i.pbase.com/v3/86/483186/1/50493171.theo.gif

I have to reduce th image size in colours as it is too big which is why I am not using it right now.

Right click on someones image and check their properties for image location for an idea.

Hope this helps.

It was BMP because I drew it on Paint:). But does it have to a link. Most people just post them up on the site.

EDIT: And your link didn't work.

[Edited on 2005/10/10 by Bulis_the_Habbie]

Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie

It was BMP because I drew it on Paint:). But does it have to a link. Most people just post them up on the site.

1. Convert it in paint from a .bmp to a .jpg image. I use paint for fast printscreen editing for DOS programs at work instead of photoshop. From there you need to have it hosted on a hosting site somewhere. I use Pbase.com free initially. Not sure if HabsWorld has a hosting server you can FTP it up to.

2. Link does work as it has been my avatar on here. I just tried in Explorer and Firefox both worked. Strange it does not work for you. Ahhh the internet is fun...

I hope you get it working as I look forward to some interesting pictures.

Originally posted by Howie_Morenz

1. Convert it in paint from a .bmp to a .jpg image. I use paint for fast printscreen editing for DOS programs at work instead of photoshop. From there you need to have it hosted on a hosting site somewhere. I use Pbase.com free initially. Not sure if HabsWorld has a hosting server you can FTP it up to.

2. Link does work as it has been my avatar on here. I just tried in Explorer and Firefox both worked. Strange it does not work for you. Ahhh the internet is fun...

I hope you get it working as I look forward to some interesting pictures.

1. the %20rocket link not the other one. That one worked. With Theo moving around.

2. Convert from a bmp to jpg? Fast printscreen editing or DOS programs? Hosted on a hosting site somewhere? Pbase? FTP?

Maybe I should forget about the pics. I didn't understand a word you just said!:P

1. the %20rocket link not the other one. That one worked. With Theo moving around.

2. Convert from a bmp to jpg? Fast printscreen editing or DOS programs? Hosted on a hosting site somewhere? Pbase? FTP?

Maybe I should forget about the pics. I didn't understand a word you just said!:P

Sorry about that Bulis_the_Habbie, my mistake.

1. The first image location %rocket link is your picture location. The second one tells you where I am hosting my picture as an example.

2. Open your picture in Paint. Then click on "Save As" and save it as a .jpg Example below of how to save.

http://i.pbase.com/v3/86/483186/1/50546467.pic.JPG

3. You need to have a place to store your image online, not on your P.C. or Mac. Pbase.com and a few other ones have free trials. This is where your image location would come from.

Give the conversion a try and if you want I can drop it on my hosting site for you.

Give the conversion a try and if you want I can drop it on my hosting site for you.

Okay, thanks.

I'm not too sure about step 3. This feels like Kindergarden. You sent me a picture of saving my pic! hehe:lol:

Okay, thanks.

I'm not too sure about step 3. This feels like Kindergarden. You sent me a picture of saving my pic! hehe:lol:

I know how you feel. My boss bought editing software Photoshop and HTML edit packages, gave them to me years ago and said I am the new Website Administrator. YIKES. Have you ever seen a fish trying to fly? That was me not too long ago and it was Interesting...:)

I have absolutely NO idea what you guys are talking about. All I know is I bow to Windows. It may be inefficient and have some bugs and buggaboos but it certainly is, for the better part, user-friendly and that's what this guy likes.

There's only one thing I like to be hard and I ain't sharin' that specific info. :eyes: