Longest Division Playoff Game

simonus

is anybody watching the braves/astros game right now?

It's in the 15th inning!

If the braves get to bat again, Clemens is warming up in the bullpen!

I'm not a fan of either team, but I've become engrossed.

[Edited on 10/9/2005 by simonus]

Turned the TV on and saw 18th inning and started watching. I'm not a big baseball fan though. So the Braves are out. Wow! 18 innings! Longest post-season game in MLB history!

i 'only' tuned in for the 8th inning... I guess I only watched one game :)

This was amazing... both teams used every player on the bench. The guys were so tired by the end, Braves almost won in the top of the 18th(!) because of an exhaustion error.

Clemens is unbelievable. He's a 0th ballot hall of famer.

Meh. I don't really care about baseball. The Angels and Yankees are still scoreless. I hope the Angels finally eliminate these guys.

Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie

Meh. I don't really care about baseball. The Angels and Yankees are still scoreless. I hope the Angels finally eliminate these guys.

Say it BTH! Say it LOUD AND CLEAR!

Shout it from the mountain tops - the Yankees and their 200+ million dollar salary have to be bumped off.

Right now the Yankees are winning 2 - 1 in the bottom of the second. GO ANGELS!!!!!

Speaking of the longest game, here's a list of the 5 longest playoff overtime games in the NHL.

1 Detroit 1, Montreal Maroons 0 6 176:30 Mud Bruneteau 3/24/36 SF, Gm 1 Montreal

2 Toronto 1, Boston 0 6 164:46 Ken Doraty 4/3/33 SF, Gm 5 Toronto

3 Philadelphia 2, Pittsburgh 1 5 152:01 Keith Primeau 5/4/00 CSF, Gm 4 Pittsburgh

4 Pittsburgh 3 Washington 2 4 139:15 Petr Nedved 4/24/96 CQF, Gm 4 Washington

5 Toronto 3, Detroit 2 4 130:18 Jack McLean 3/23/43 SF, Gm 2 Detroit

The first number of the bold numbers is the number of overtime periods. The second is the total minutes of the game. The last name is the winning team.

The one I remember watching was the Islanders/Capitals one where Pat Lafontaine did a spin-around at the blue line and pretty well shot blindly and it got by the Washington goalie, Bob Mason.

By the way, here's a link with 'Epic' overtime playoff games. It includes Montreal's win over the Don Cherry Bruins in 1979.

http://espn.go.com/page2/s/list/hockey/OT.html

A good read.

i thought that dallas-anaheim game from 2003 was one of the tops... that game was crazy.. my boss sent me home around lunch the next day because i was useless from staying up untill like 3:00 watching.

Toronto & Senators are going to a shoot out again - 2nd time in two games. HOLY MACKINAW!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Ottawa wins the shootout - Heatly scored the winner.

Heatley is a winner. :bow::bow::bow:

Originally posted by simonus

i thought that dallas-anaheim game from 2003 was one of the tops... that game was crazy.. my boss sent me home around lunch the next day because i was useless from staying up untill like 3:00 watching.

Ouch, been there after watching late west coast playoff games and making sales presentations on very little sleep next morning. At least I could not be a little nervous as I was only a little awake!

I think I call this bad hockey when this happens.

I have only caught a bit of this game. 5-2 Angels huh...

5-3 Angels in the bottom of the 7th

Yankees got outta a massive jam in the 6th, bases loaded 1 out but nothing happened.

BTW, Randy Johnson's nick is the Big Unit. Is it just me or is this nick a tad over the top? Can't think of a more perverted nickname in sports than 'The Big Unit'

http://www.tsn.ca/mlb/news_story.asp?ID=139378

THE

YANKEES

ARE

ELIMINATED!

Goodbye 208 million dollar salary.

:):):)

[Edited on 2005/10/11 by shortcat1]