Aug 5 - Game 3 Habs v.s. Pens - 8 PM

24 minutes ago, Commandant said:

If Gally comes out, Hudon goes in I think.  Just cause of all the goals he scored in the AHL this year. 

I'll take Gally at 40% over Hudon any day.

8 minutes ago, Commandant said:

I don't mind Hughson.  I ####ing hate Galley

Hughson is OK except for these addle-pated tics. Calling guys by their first name. Rolling those Rs on "Desharnais." Dumbass affectations.

Galley is completely useless. He's just there to say things like "boy, Pittsburgh is really playing well, aren't they?"

Guys like Ferraro and Johnson, who actually have things to say, end up toiling on the margins while HNIC bozos have free reign.

A demoralizing period. Habs need to regroup.

EDIT: Kevin Bieksa - always interview gold - could represent a huge upgrade to the quality of the intermission team. Plus his suit kills.

Guys like Ferraro had the chance to jump, TSN paid them more to stay when their contracts were up. 

Cuthbert recently made the jump, but with most others, when the contracts have been up TSN have locked them up so they can't go to HNIC. 

So with one second left in the power play, Pittsburgh puts Sidney Crosby on the ice.  The Habs counter with Dale Weise.  It resulted in a penalty.  After Pittsburgh scored their second power play goal in less than a minute, the Habs needed to try to turn the momentum.  They turned to Dale Weise.  Need I say more?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, dlbalr said:

So with one second left in the power play, Pittsburgh puts Sidney Crosby on the ice.  The Habs counter with Dale Weise.  It resulted in a penalty.  After Pittsburgh scored their second power play goal in less than a minute, the Habs needed to try to turn the momentum.  They turned to Dale Weise.  Need I say more?

I'm about ready to strangle Bergevin and Julien both for their stubborn blindness when it comes to certain players.

2 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

I'm about ready to strangle Bergevin and Julien both for their stubborn blindness when it comes to certain players.

I rarely write an article for the sole purpose of complaining about a player being in the lineup.  I'm in the process of writing one about Weise now and if I can put something semi-professional together that doesn't come off as ranting and raving (and my initial thoughts are certainly along those lines), I'll post it on the site tomorrow.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Habs were the better team 5v5 in that period.  Gotta stay out the damn box. 

I hear you, but I'm pretty tired of these "qualified" Habs strengths. "Better than PITS 5 on 5." Sure - and they're losing. Your point is valid however. But at this point it seems clear they can't stay out of the box. They're too slow, or too weak, or too stupid.

9 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

I'm not typically one to worry too much about coaching decisions, but that is brutal. He actually thinks Weise is an "energy guy" who changes momentum out there. It's ridiculous

9 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

I rarely write an article for the sole purpose of complaining about a player being in the lineup.  I'm in the process of writing one about Weise now and if I can put something semi-professional together that doesn't come off as ranting and raving (and my initial thoughts are certainly along those lines), I'll post it on the site tomorrow.

Hopefully Weise doesn’t score too many prior to the end of the game. 

48 minutes ago, Commandant said:

If Gally comes out, Hudon goes in I think.  Just cause of all the goals he scored in the AHL this year. 

I heard TSN690 guys mention they saw Poehling in the pre-game skate ... hence my comment ... not certain if Hudon was dressed (didn't hear was or not)

I really like how strong Armia is on the puck. It’s Jagr-esque.

Well, that is the reality now at 3 to 1.

At 1 to 0, a pp to take it 2 to 0 lead Habs.

Instead its 2 to 1 , Penguins.

At start of period, another pp , to tie it..

Its 0 for 7 pp .. All that is required is a 1 for 7 ( 14.2% , still very ordinary to below average ) 

This game would be, 2 to 0 or very least , 2 to 2

Now last opportunity, do we make it 3 to 2 down, or do we go 0 for 8 pp.

We have 3 key players ( weber, price, petry ) all over 30.

We have 2 young players at 20..

And an excellent 2 way centre in Danault.

Great grit and scoring in Gally.

With Tatar as support.

Rest, we arent good enough. Drouin, has had too many opportunities, his hockey IQ is not there.

Reality is coming to. Be, 0 for 8, or 3 to 2... Says it all

24 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

You can't really blame Bergevin for choosing who to put on the ice when. But maybe he needs to get rid of Weise to prevent this. Even if he pisses off Julien doing that.

Just now, Trizzak said:

Mete was so soft on that third goal that I thought I was watching a Charmin commercial. 

His strength is excellent skating ... but his weakness is a lack of strength/physicality ... that was a play that highlighted the latter

My boy Drouin. 

Just now, tomh009 said:

You can't really blame Bergevin for choosing who to put on the ice when. But maybe he needs to get rid of Weise to prevent this. Even if he pisses off Julien doing that.

True ... any blame for MB falls in not providing better players from which CJ could choose

5 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

Mete was so soft on that third goal that I thought I was watching a Charmin commercial. 

LOL

why the  heck did he stop skating? 

1 minute ago, GHT120 said:

True ... any blame for MB falls in not providing better players from which CJ could choose

Which he also can't be blamed for right now because he sold at the deadline since no one was expecting a 24 team playoffs.