Aug 5 - Game 3 Habs v.s. Pens - 8 PM

Exactly what we didn’t need 

Heart rate calming

Whether we win another game in this series or not, this is real playoff (style) experience for the kids on our team. And they can hold their heads high with the effort they have put in.

Thank God we weathered the storm and got the W.  Byron has to know better than that: even a little hook, at the offensive blueline at that point in the game, was beyond stupid.  I swear if we were to keep out of the box, not only would a win in the next game  be highly likely...it might not even be that diffucult.  Discipline coupled with the same effort level as tonight and there's no way they lose.

Forgot what its like not to breathe during the end of games. Nerves. Big win!

At worst case we pushed it to 5 games which is a huge accomplishment in itself. Now can they move on? I have to assume Pittsburgh will come out strong in game 4.

Is the future NOW in Montreal?

Suzuki centering Tatar and Gally

KOTKANIEMI (who was great tonight) between Drouin and Armia

A fantastic traditional checking line of Byron danault and Lehkonan

The only question becomes who replaces Evans (injured) and Weise

Poehling Domi Weal???

Weise has got to go.

Kudos to CJ for moving Suzuki and KK up rather then the obvious promotion of Domi.

I cant see CJ going back to the old line up for game 4... 

Our top 4 D looked good as well!

Why did we win?

1. Carey Price. He is a Great Goalie and has played like it. He saved us over and over when it was 3-1.

2. The team stopped taking dumbass penalties about halfway through the game. Commandant called it: implausible as it sounds, the Habs can beat these guys 5-on-5.

3. Weber found his offence. And Chiarot played like a blood-and-guts reliable vet all night.

4. Petry - just a brilliant goal by a very fine player

4. The KK line. Rock solid, hungry, heavy. KK is like a different player out there. He was much too young, much too slight, before. He doesn't have the skill to get away with being built like Wayne Gretzky. But with the extra muscle, maybe we are seeing what his real game is. Heavy, heavy, heavy.

Pens are on the ropes!

27 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

Good game but was hoping for a L not a W. Maybe I should hope for a W and see what happens🤔

Not good for your soul.

• Upvote 1

Im telling you, weve been a good 5v5 team all year.

Weve been undone by

Bad special teams (both sets)

Some stretches of bad play by price and the various backups at inopportune times.

Poor focus in the first minute and last minute of periods.

This team isn't near as bad as a 24th place record... and if price is god mode, 2010 is possible

1 hour ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

I just gave my head a shake... and yes it's real! CJ promoted Suzuki and KK. Dropped Danault to a checking role and left Domi where he was... Who would of thought he had that in him.

Just got back and reading the game thread and watching highlights/ Totally agree!  It’s friggin unbelievable That Suzuki and KK got bumped up.

Now if he can only dump weise. i wouldn’t mind seeing hudon and Poehling with Domi next game, since Evans looks like he will be out.

the D still looks scary from the highlights I saw.  Don’t know why Ouellette is in there.

59 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Im telling you, weve been a good 5v5 team all year.

Weve been undone by

Bad special teams (both sets)

Some stretches of bad play by price and the various backups at inopportune times.

Poor focus in the first minute and last minute of periods.

This team isn't near as bad as a 24th place record... and if price is god mode, 2010 is possible

Nice to dream, but let’s keep in mind the Pens PP is bad - not as bad as ours, but it’s bad.  With Suzuki and KK stepping up AND getting bumped up in the lineup, I like our forwards over What we had pre-COVID or in Marvel terms - pre-blip.  

whwre we haven’t improved is the D - it is still pretty bad and I can’t seeing it being good enough in the next round - only so much that Price can do.

4 hours ago, GHT120 said:

ONE of the reasons I watch in French

I watched the NBC broadcast because Hughson and Simpson are so putrid.