HABS vs SENS | Oct 11th 7:30pm | Home Opener!

puck7x

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie

Now we're 3-1. Still only 1 game behind Ottawa. They'll lose eventually but now we HAVE to win our next game.

next game is against atlanta at 7:00 pm. I'm going to be away again for the 1st and part of the 2nd. I'm going to have to catch up on the posts for comments, etc.

Originally posted by Lister100

Not much to say about that. Its was a good game as hard as that is to say under the circumstances.

The third period was slow though. It ruined the game. ANd you guys still sure you don't want us to beat them in a shootout?

I would take teh shootout challenge. Montreal is good at it... CRAP Leafs 4 - 2 Lindros scores.

i also meant to say that we'll meet marian hossa. he's doing ok too, you know

Not much to say about that. Its was a good game as hard as that is to say under the circumstances.

The third period was slow though. It ruined the game. ANd you guys still sure you don't want us to beat them in a shootout?

Well I'd rather have a shootout win than a regulation loss. At least we'd be guaranteed one point.

Originally posted by Howie_Morenz

I would take teh shootout challenge. Montreal is good at it... CRAP Leafs 4 - 2 Lindros scores.

the 3rd period, ottawa really forechecked well. impressive stuff to watch.

as to Lindros, he's doing MUCH better than many of us expected. so far, so good for him.

Originally posted by shortcat1

as to Lindros, he's doing MUCH better than many of us expected. so far, so good for him.

Until someone NAILS him.

Originally posted by dark_faerie87

Yeah, Atlanta has been scoring lots lately and adding in Kovalchuk should make them even more explosive. Lets hope he spends tomorrow night shaking off the rust however...

I forgot about him, ya Atlanta is going to be a speedy challenge. Is their goaltending and Defence up to our forwards speed?

hopefully this was some good experience for the rooks......well get em next time in their building!!!

We can take Atlanta though. Nurmenen is playing badly, if he isn't sitll injured. That should be a weakness when you add it to bad defence.

Yeah, Atlanta has been scoring lots lately and adding in Kovalchuk should make them even more explosive. Lets hope he spends tomorrow night shaking off the rust however...

I forgot about him, ya Atlanta is going to be a speedy challenge. Is their goaltending and Defence up to our forwards speed?

Well that's the thing, they whooped Washington, but that's not saying much. I can't remember who else they played.

Until someone NAILS him.

I don't believe that that's as likely to happen with the new style of game. It's more wide open and, in so far as i understand, there's a smaller likelihood that hit to kill incidents will happen. It's just a matter of a different mentality.

This looks an awful lot like some games I used to watch back in the 60's and 70's. Lots of skating, some hitting but that hitting wasn't usually an effort to maim or take a player out of the game.

I may be wrong but it doesn't feel that way.

Until someone NAILS him.

I don't believe that that's as likely to happen with the new style of game. It's more wide open and, in so far as i understand, there's a smaller likelihood that hit to kill incidents will happen. It's just a matter of a different mentality.

This looks an awful lot like some games I used to watch back in the 60's and 70's. Lots of skating, some hitting but that hitting wasn't usually an effort to maim or take a player out of the game.

I may be wrong but it doesn't feel that way.

Well I suppose that'll be good in a way. Perhaps preventing another Moore/Bertuzzi incident.