HABS vs SENS | Oct 11th 7:30pm | Home Opener!

puck7x

Originally posted by simonus

from SI's preseason rankings

15) "Montreal.... The biggest problem this year for the Habs is the... penalty kill."

Let's continue to make the skeptics eat their words.

Go Habs!

WHATTT... lol. Penalty KILL??? wow... They haven't watched a game then. The guys are doing great.... it anything it's our power-play that's struggling. (Although, if i remember correctly, we went 2 for 4 against the Laffs)

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by puck7x

The home opener has finally arrived! The fans will be absolutely pumped for this one (I'll be one of them in attendance, lucky me). The team should get a boost from it, but it'll take more then that to beat a tough Ottawa team. Spezza and his line are scary good, and Hasek is coming off a shutout.

Remember guys, "game thread rules" apply here :D

And we musn't forget Dany Heatley, the steal of that trade.

This is going to be one powerful team - my pick for the cup. Like you said, it's going to take a whole team 110% effort ALL game long.

By the way, what are 'game thread rules'?

Originally posted by Trizzak

Starting the thread early to jumpstart the quest for the longest thread record?

I'm in. GO HABS GO

shortcat1 will be there a yackin' n' yackin' and the posts will be a rackin' 'n rackin' :):lol::)

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo:

Originally posted by Macaskill

Ahh, interesting. Going to face Mr. Ray Emery. That changes things.

For the record, I can never predict a Habs loss, lol. Although, the Sens are strong enough to defeat us, I believe the Habs will surprise even everyone Tuesday and get the win....

So here it is, Macaskill's Fearless Predictions.

Habs 4, Sens 2

-Kovalev does it all making going top shelf look easy

-Plekanec nets one while playing PP/or/PK... all that matters is that it's an odd man rush in our favor.

-Mr. Ryder nets it glove side on a great effort from Higgins

-Begin gets the empty netter

-Chara, what a shot from the blue line

-Havlat makes Theo look amateur

Alright, so I really think goaltending is going to be the difference in this one. It's going to be hard to contain the explosive Sens, but I think the emphasis in the next couple practices before the game will be on their defensive awareness.  

No one's going to start this one with a sleepy eye as the Phone Booth is going to be insanely pumped.

Look for the Sens to go up 2-1 early, and the Habs will work the rest of the game coming back.

I'm not much for making predictions. I guess that's why I'll never be a gambler (and that's a good thing). All I can say is that I hope (and am confident) that Montreal can take them.

Ray Emery may be a difference to our advantage but, on never knows. Good games can be had by any and all.

Originally posted by shortcat1
Originally posted by puck7x

By the way, what are 'game thread rules'?

Did you not read the last game thread? Alot of posts in game threads would probably be edited/deleted if they were posted in any other thread. In game threads you'll see plenty of single word posts and posts which simply say "Go Habs Go", and lots of sloppy looking posts ... Stuff like that usually isnt allowed in other threads.

Understand now?

Originally posted by Prime Minister Koivu

I hope Theo has a strong game.

I hope Dagenais never plays again.

I hope Perezhogin scores a hat trick.

I hope Souray continues to play better

I hope Komisarek is playing.

I hope Dandenault doesn't take any dumb penalties.

I hope Koivu, Perezhogin and Kovalev skate circles around Spezza and Healty.

I hope I can learn french before Tuesday's game!

:ghg:

This is the way I usually see things, PMK. I hope lots and I hope high.

Originally posted by habsfan88

scary, scary game. i have faith in the habs but this ottawa team is very strong. my prediction 4-2 sens. PLEASE PROVE ME WRONG!

Not an unreasonable prediction. Let's see the Habs prove you wrong... very wrong... wouldn't it be nice.

I said Go Habs Go just 2 seconds ago.:o

Anyway, does that mean one worders are okay? Cuz last time I made like 100 and something posts and then I came on a couple of hours later and I had 97 posts. I had to post another 3 times. I don't usually post 1 worders.

15) "Montreal.... The biggest problem this year for the Habs is the... penalty kill."

Go Habs!

They are doing very well so far, aren't they. With Bonk, Bulis, Bégin, Blekanec, 'n the boys, they held the fort with strength the first three games. Bravo Boys!

Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie

GGGO HABS GO!

Hey BTH you doin' good wit' de posts. Go, go, go!!!

Go Habs!

Some of these writers are really clueless, do they actually do any research? Or do they just make up this stuff as they go along? Out of all the habs possible weaknesses the penalty kill is the least of them. The Habs have PLENTY of excellent penalty killers, Begin, Sundstrom, Bulis, Bonk, etc. etc.

Penalty Kill? What the hell CNN? weird.

They couldn't have played them again!? A triple header??? So the goal differencial of the series is 18-7 now.

1-0 Sens after one.

Oh. The Heatley goal has been changed to Neil. The analyst also added that one of Heatley's two goals in the other game was also switched to Neil. And the goal that stood for Heatley was originally given to - guess who - Chris Neil. So Heatley only has 1 goal right now. He was credited with an assits on this one though. As well as Alfredsson.

They couldn't have played them again!? A triple header??? So the goal differencial of the series is 18-7 now.

um, that was their first game against them....

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/schedule/?hubn...me=nhl-capitals

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/schedule/?hubn...ame=nhl-rangers

[Edited on 10/11/2005 by les_glorieux]

Since Ottawa is playing tonight they should be a little tired in the game against the Habs :).

Since I never predict Habs loss here is my prediction:

Sens score in the final minute (Spezza) when they pull Emery to tie the game 4-4. :wall:

Habs win in the shootout. :can:

Goals during the game by: Perezhogen, Bullis, Kovalev and Markov.

First 3 Ottawa goals: Heatley, Rucinkski, Alfredson.

Originally posted by Peter Puck

Goals during the game by: Perezhogen, Bullis, Kovalev and Markov.

First 3 Ottawa goals: Heatley, Rucinkski, Alfredson.

You mean Bochenski and not Rucinsky right?

I hope so, because 2 Rucinsky's in the NHL is a scary scary thought... so much lazyiness...

Oh. The Heatley goal has been changed to Neil. The analyst also added that one of Heatley's two goals in the other game was also switched to Neil. And the goal that stood for Heatley was originally given to - guess who - Chris Neil. So Heatley only has 1 goal right now. He was credited with an assits on this one though. As well as Alfredsson.

That's ok. He's in on the play. Ottawa'll do very well with him. I see him being much more of an impact player in the post season and THAT'S what Ottawa will need. It's pretty well guaranteed that they'll make the post-season. It's there that they've been unable to put it together so far.

Here's a copy of what TSN.ca's players assessment page has to say about him.

"Is one of the most dangerous offensive players in the NHL. Excels at setting up linemates but can also bury his chances. Has the size to compete in high-traffic areas.

He has the potential of being a FRANCHISE winger. When you add that to Jason Spezza and the rest of them... good grief... power house is the word.

Ya Heatley has scored his own goal since then. It's now 4-2 Ottawa and Belfour's playing horrible.

270 to go, BTH, zooming in on the 'glory land'.

Wow, it's Leafs 5, Senators 4 half ways through the third.

If this carries on, the Sens may be out for some macho blood kind of thing tomorrow. Better watch out! Yack!