HABS vs SENS | Oct 11th 7:30pm | Home Opener!

puck7x

I've read in a few places that the Habs have NEVER started a season at 4-0 in all their glorious past. I was surprised. History could be made tonight at the Temple of Hockey ladies and gentleman!

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Howie_Morenz

In all seriousness, if you put scorers out say Wellwood and Stajan maybe the polish prince they might score!  Lindros and Allison are too tired to shoot by the time they get to the net.  Coaching in Toronto now SUCKS too with these dumb picks for shootouts.

FYI - Wellwood was one of the shootout-ers last night. He made too many moves/fakes, and forgot to get a decent shot off.

As for tonight, I think we have a good chance. I think it will be high scoring again: 5-4 Habs. Kovalev will do some damage in this one. Even though he didn't contribute much statistically against Toronto, IMO his puck possession led to the general momentum we got going that put us over the top. (That, and of course Koivu's fantastic play).

Let's git it on!

don't know for sure, but here are some guesses

a) streit is playing well and you ride your horse until it is spent

B) komisarek is still a little off from the flu

I had thought that maybe rivet would sit out this game after he seemed to be injured in the leafs game... I guess that must have not been severe.

Originally posted by habsfan88

scary, scary game.  i have faith in the habs but this ottawa team is very strong.  my prediction 4-2 sens.  PLEASE PROVE ME WRONG!

After watching last night's game, i take back my prediction. These guys are playing 2 games in a row and are bound to be tired. We beat the leafs, and they barely beat them. i say 4-3 with koivu scoring for us within the last 8 minutes.

Originally posted by Rooster

I've read in a few places that the Habs have NEVER started a season at 4-0 in all their glorious past.  I was surprised.  History could be made tonight at the Temple of Hockey ladies and gentleman!

To quote Dave Stubbs in today's Gazette:

"The Canadiens have opened with four straight victories three times in their history, and in '56, '71', and '78, they went on to win the Stanley Cup."

Not bad for us... ;)

They don't have Fisher? That's a big plus because he's their top checker. Let's hope Rivet has a good night because we'll need him more than ever with Neil in front of the net. He's having a great start to the season, stealing every goal Heatley shoots.

I see big things for kovalev tonight as he and koivu embarrass the sens. Higgins will have the ribs line going again and i predict plekanec's first goal tonight.

scorers:

Havlat

Kovalev

Kovalev

Alfredsson

Plekanec

Heatley

Koivu

Bonk (EN)

Final 5-3 Habs

:ghg::hlogo:

Originally posted by simonus

don't know for sure, but here are some guesses

a) streit is playing well and you ride your horse until it is spent

B) komisarek is still a little off from the flu

I had thought that maybe rivet would sit out this game after he seemed to be injured in the leafs game... I guess that must have not been severe.

We need Rivet because Neil is one of the best screeners in the league.

2:45 till gametime...

:hlogo::hlogo::hlogo::hlogo::hlogo::hlogo::hlogo:

:ghg::ghg:

Originally posted by puck7x

Wow those guys must be strong. Let me guess... it's Ivanans squared?

Originally posted by puck7x

Puck7x, I like your creative usage of the Habs logo.

:bow::bow: :hlogo: :bow::bow:

:hockey::hockey::hockey::hockey::hockey::hockey::hockey::hockey::hockey:

The Leafs are up top.

[Edited on 2005/10/11 by Bulis_the_Habbie]

[Edited on 2005/10/11 by Bulis_the_Habbie]

wow~~~ 7 pages of *comments* already? hahaha~ well, once again, i'll be attending class tonite BUT i already set my video recorder to record tonite's game haha~ i just CAN'T miss the opening game (especially when we r going to welcome our players on the ice hehe) so i'll be following the game with u guys on this thread~

btw : hasek is not playing so there's NO reason for us to lose haha~ THEO owes us a perfect performance and this is the nite for this to happen~ muahahaha

GO HABS GO!!!

I fear for the Senators tonight. Hasek had a less than decent game last night, I'm afraid he'll bounce back and shut us out tonight. I do hope our heros will prove me wrong - let's go for 4-0!

:ghg:

Sens struugled with Leafs twice now, hopefully Jullien studied thier game tapes and noticed how, to me it seemed to be hard work and determination more than anything. (although i hate saying that about the Leafs)

With a strong effort and lots of work the Habs COULD win this, but are up against thier strongest competition yet.

Any luck, we get the win. Go Theo, alot on his shoulders tonight. Ivanans vs McGratten would be fun. Shoot out would be scary. We need goals from our big line tonight, and hopefully or 2nd,3rd and 4th as well. No Hasek is a good thing, although Emery played well preseason, if we get at him early....

Originally posted by DJ_Laszlo

I fear for the Senators tonight. Hasek had a less than decent game last night, I'm afraid he'll bounce back and shut us out tonight. I do hope our heros will prove me wrong - let's go for 4-0!

:ghg:

hey hey bud~ i JUST said that HASEK is not playing tonite~ sens are sending theur #2 (Ray Emery)

relax and enjoy the game now ;)

[Edited on 2005/10/11 by bebehabs]