2020 Playoffs Thread

dlbalr

16 minutes ago, Fanpuck33 said:

Dang.

Still ticked about the no-call on Cam's shorthanded breakaway. When Jones did that in regulation, it was a penalty. Refs have always been cowards in OT.

What do you mean?? You can’t have refs deciding the game in OT can you by enforcing the rule book?  That would be so bush league! 🙄

20 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

What do you mean?? You can’t have refs deciding the game in OT can you by enforcing the rule book?  That would be so bush league! 🙄

Don Cherry ... is that you?

LOL
😉 😇

Totally agree (assuming I've "read" your post properly) ... the other one that drives me nuts is "they" got X more PPs than "us" ... not the refs job to balance PPs by making four ticky-tac hooking calls to offset four beheadings with sticks.

The way Vladislav Gavrikov's arm was dangling as he skated off after being hit by the puck that deflected to Point for the GWG I'll guess pinched nerve or broken collarbone ... hope its the former ... 

11 hours ago, Fanpuck33 said:

Dang.

Still ticked about the no-call on Cam's shorthanded breakaway. When Jones did that in regulation, it was a penalty. Refs have always been cowards in OT.

Yeah I jumped off the couch and screamed at the TV.

I wanted Columbus to win and frankly I hope they still do. It is hard to not like a team that just works their ass off.

I do blame Torts a bit though. By overtime #3 the players were too tired to dump and chase but that is what they continued to do. They would dump but had no gas to chase so the play would go back the other way every single time.

18 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Even just hearing those words in a mocking, sarcastic tone makes me want to scream! There's a reason I didn't use the words "refs deciding the game" in my complaint!

7 hours ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Yeah I jumped off the couch and screamed at the TV.

I wanted Columbus to win and frankly I hope they still do. It is hard to not like a team that just works their ass off.

I do blame Torts a bit though. By overtime #3 the players were too tired to dump and chase but that is what they continued to do. They would dump but had no gas to chase so the play would go back the other way every single time.

I did too, and I almost never get that excited or emotional watching games anymore. But the literally had me out of my chair. It probably wasn't really a penalty, but Jones' play earlier in the game DEFINITELY wasn't a penalty. His was literally a quick swipe at the puck with no actual holding. The fact that they made that call is why the no-call in OT is so aggravating.

It's tough to know how to feel about that game. On the one hand, they were lucky that they got the game into OT to begin with considering how they were outplayed in regulation. But then in OT, they seemed to have the better of the play in at least three of the periods, which started giving some hope.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Neech said:

The refs in the Bruins' pocket, what else is new.

Complaining about biased refs for some reason isnt new, that is for sure.

• Like 1

What a shock! Did something happen to him? 

43 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Forest Gump moment? “I am tired, I am going home”

If this is the case, one would have to assume his NHL career is over I would think.  How can one possibly come back from quitting on their team in the midst of the playoffs for anything less than a life or death family emergency?

1 hour ago, sbhatt said:

If this is the case, one would have to assume his NHL career is over I would think.  How can one possibly come back from quitting on their team in the midst of the playoffs for anything less than a life or death family emergency?

Don't like this one bit ... I agree he has likely lost his teammates ... but if he shows up at training camp the BBs are on the hook for $7 million next season, unless the can trade him or buy him out (cap hit of just shy of $2.67M and $2.17M for 20/21 and 21/22) ... is he likely to walk away from that money?

Also, Halak is 35 yrs old and the last time he played over 40 games he had a terrible season and lost his staters job with the NYI ... would the BBs have to acquire a 35-50 game goalie to share the workload?

Maybe not as much of an issue as we might think ... may provide context for his previous post-game statements ... BTW, newborn is about 3 months old

12 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Jack Edwards at his finest - after Andrei Svechnikov suffers what looks to be a serious ankle injury (and knee perhaps), while most are talking about hoping he's okay, Edwards posts this instead:

That is neanderthal "the skirt she wore was too short so she got what was coming to her" thinking ... but hardly surprising from Edwards ... although, in fairness ... not certain there was any intent to inure or disregard for the kid's safety ... just an unfortunate play

6 hours ago, GHT120 said:

Don't like this one bit ... I agree he has likely lost his teammates ... but if he shows up at training camp the BBs are on the hook for $7 million next season, unless the can trade him or buy him out (cap hit of just shy of $2.67M and $2.17M for 20/21 and 21/22) ... is he likely to walk away from that money?

He may have just decided that he’s had enough of this; I think he has earned over $50M to date so he could decide that it’s enough, and he’d rather spend his time with his wife and kids.

6 hours ago, GHT120 said:

Don't like this one bit ... I agree he has likely lost his teammates ... but if he shows up at training camp the BBs are on the hook for $7 million next season, unless the can trade him or buy him out (cap hit of just shy of $2.67M and $2.17M for 20/21 and 21/22) ... is he likely to walk away from that money? ...

4 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

He may have just decided that he’s had enough of this; I think he has earned over $50M to date so he could decide that it’s enough, and he’d rather spend his time with his wife and kids.

I hadn't seen Rask's statement and the interview with Sweeney (my subsequent post) and they shed a different light on things ... 

Ugh. Overtime for Columbus and Tampa. Will Columbus show some mettle and eke out a win after blowing another 3rd period lead? Or do the wheel fall off completely?

And also a bummer because this will end up pushing everything else back today.

11 minutes ago, Fanpuck33 said:

Ugh. Overtime for Columbus and Tampa. Will Columbus show some mettle and eke out a win after blowing another 3rd period lead? Or do the wheel fall off completely?

And also a bummer because this will end up pushing everything else back today.

Or to tomorrow ... especially if Carolina-Boston also goes O/T

1 hour ago, GHT120 said:

Or to tomorrow ... especially if Carolina-Boston also goes O/T

Yeah, I just meant everything else scheduled for today would be pushed back.

I kind of had a gut feeling Tampa would end it early, but I was hoping that was just my pessimist streak showing. Such a tight series, with multi-goal leads never lasting long. Still proud of Columbus this year after the mass exodus of talent. If Liam Foudy keeps developing and they maybe add FA at winger, this team can be dangerous.

• dlbalr unpinned this topic