2020 Playoffs Thread

dlbalr

8 minutes ago, DON said:

https://www.capfriendly.com/comparables/jonathan-drouin-7656

Seems fair value and production, compared to most peers.

Drouin may be slightly overpaid for the 17g/82gm that he has provided the Habs.

But the 18 goals in a 69 game season pace in 19/20 puts him only slightly over the midpoint in AAV for comparables (16-20 goals).

The issue is really expectations ... he was supposed to be a sold 25 goal guy and to invigorate the PP

1 hour ago, GHT120 said:

The issue is really expectations ... he was supposed to be a sold 25 goal guy and to invigorate the PP

Yes. And I fully believe Bergevin expected him to do that, too. It didn't work out, though, so we end up with a crappy trade.

58 minutes ago, Fanpuck33 said:

Very disappointed in Bettman's complete lack of a sense of humor. He totally should have had them pipe in artificial booing while he was speaking.

Congrats especially to Julien BriseBois, Ryan McDonagh, and Mikhail Sergachev. 

That would briefly make the moment about him, and he wouldn't do that during the Stanley Cup presentation.

Maybe the draft.

56 minutes ago, Fanpuck33 said:

Very disappointed in Bettman's complete lack of a sense of humor. He totally should have had them pipe in artificial booing while he was speaking.

Congrats especially to Julien BriseBois, Ryan McDonagh, and Mikhail Sergachev. 

I was disappointed that they did they idiotic fake cheering through the playoffs and didn’t pipe in the booing.  

Glad Tampa won - they clearly are the class of the league. Though it’s tough seeing a veteran like Pavelski put everything out there and lose in what will probably be his last chance.  At the same time, no tears shed for a prick like Perry.

mad far as the ex hab Mgmt/prospects - McDonough two cup finals one win. Sergeche, first of probably a few more opportunities.

2 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

That would briefly make the moment about him, and he wouldn't do that during the Stanley Cup presentation.

Maybe the draft.

Happens every year though. Gotta keep with well deserved tradition.

15 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

I was disappointed that they did they idiotic fake cheering through the playoffs and didn’t pipe in the booing.  

Glad Tampa won - they clearly are the class of the league. Though it’s tough seeing a veteran like Pavelski put everything out there and lose in what will probably be his last chance.  At the same time, no tears shed for a prick like Perry.

mad far as the ex hab Mgmt/prospects - McDonough two cup finals one win. Sergeche, first of probably a few more opportunities.

Pretty much sums up my feelings on every point. I find it hard to be bitter about McDonagh at this point, though, since he probably would have moved on from the Habs by now anyway.

• dlbalr unpinned this topic