Aug 12- Game One - ECQF - Habs-Flyers 8 PM

It's the MONTREAL CANADIENS

It's the PHILADELPHIA FLYERS

EASTERN CONFERENCE QUARTER-FINALS GAME ONE

image.png

WILL THE HEROICS OF PRICE AND "THE TRIDENT" CONTINUE?

WILL CARTER HART RISE TO THE LEVEL OF HIS IDOL?

WILL THE HABS' KIDS CONTINUE TO BE ALL RIGHT?

WILL THERRIEN COME OUT OF HIS FOXHOLE?

ANSWERS TONIGHT!

image.png

Forwards

Tomas Tatar - Nick Suzuki - Brendan Gallagher

Jonathan Drouin - Jesperi Kotkaniemi - Joel Armia

Paul Byron - Phillip Danault - Artturi Lehkonen

Dale Weise- Max Domi - Alex Belzile

Defense

Ben Chiarot / Shea Weber

Brett Kulak / Jeff Petry

Xavier Ouellet / Victor Mete

Goalie:

Jesus Price

image.png

Forwards

Giroux - Couturier - Voracek

Laughton - Hayes - Konecny

van Riemsdyk - Grant - Aube-Kubel

Farabee - Thompson - Pitlick

Defensemen

Provorov - Niskanen

Sanheim - Myers

Gostisbehere - Braun

Goalies

Hart

(Elliott)

Lineup guesswork courtesy of

https://www.broadstreethockey.com/2020/8/12/21363920/nhl-philadelphia-flyers-montreal-canadiens-claude-giroux-carter-hart-preview-lineup

image.png

• Like 1

I don't know if I'm just on a Habs high, but that Flyers lineup on paper doesn't seem as intimidating as it should. 

Also I hope that anyone that wanted a series loss against Pittsburgh doesn't tune into these games because they don't deserve to enjoy this. 

13 minutes ago, illWill said:

I don't know if I'm just on a Habs high, but that Flyers lineup on paper doesn't seem as intimidating as it should. 

Also I hope that anyone that wanted a series loss against Pittsburgh doesn't tune into these games because they don't deserve to enjoy this. 

If Pittsburgh won and Habs got Lafreniere I wouldn't have suggested you not be allowed to watch him because you didn't want the pick.

2 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

If Pittsburgh won and Habs got Lafreniere I wouldn't have banned you from watching him because you didn't want the pick.

Everyone wants the 1st overall pick. 

4 minutes ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

Everyone wants the 1st overall pick. 

I never thought of that ... D'Oh

In context, given the choice the "anti-tankers" were cheering for the win rather than the chance at the #1 pick; the reverse of the espoused logic that I as a (despite what some may think) Habs fan should not be allowed to watch these games.

Can we please get over the argument about The Pick? I think Tanking is dumb, but I'm sure even enthusiastic Tankists will get behind the team, especially now that we know the Habs would not have gotten the #1 pick.

I notice that the media discourse is much more circumspect about this series than it was about PITT. Even though Philly is (rightly) favoured, the Habs are now getting some respect.

20 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

I never thought of that ... D'Oh

In context, given the choice the "anti-tankers" were cheering for the win rather than the chance at the #1 pick; the reverse of the espoused logic that I as a (despite what some may think) Habs fan should not be allowed to watch these games.

I think it’s because those fans were cheering for he Habs to lose. 

26 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Can we please get over the argument about The Pick? I think Tanking is dumb, but I'm sure even enthusiastic Tankists will get behind the team, especially now that we know the Habs would not have gotten the #1 pick.

I notice that the media discourse is much more circumspect about this series than it was about PITT. Even though Philly is (rightly) favoured, the Habs are now getting some respect.

Not only would we not have got #1, but that series is now done, gone, water under the bridge, pining for the fjords, dead as a doornail. Time to move on.

The media is indeed giving the Habs some respect. Flyers fans, on the other hand, look even cockier than the Penguins ones.

1 hour ago, GHT120 said:

If Pittsburgh won and Habs got Lafreniere I wouldn't have suggested you not be allowed to watch him because you didn't want the pick.

Not even similar and you know what he means.

Those 'supposed' Hab fans cheering for loss, when playoffs was a distinct possibility doesnt sit well with me neither.

:gohabsgo:

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Went from 1 of 5 HabWriters picking Habs over Pens, to 3 of 5 for this series.

3 hours ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

I think it’s because those fans were cheering for he Habs to lose. 

3 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Can we please get over the argument about The Pick? I think Tanking is dumb, but I'm sure even enthusiastic Tankists will get behind the team, especially now that we know the Habs would not have gotten the #1 pick...

I was but then was told we "tankers" are not allowed to watch and get behind them because we are not "real" fans

2 hours ago, DON said:

Not even similar and you know what he means.

Those 'supposed' Hab fans cheering for loss, when playoffs was a distinct possibility doesnt sit well with me neither.

:gohabsgo:

(1) LOVE the "gif" ... will be thinking of it all game long

(2) Things other fans have advocated did not always "sit well" with me but I respect that everyone's entitles to an opinion as to what is best for the team.

4 hours ago, illWill said:

Please oh mighty Gatekeeper of Habs Fandom, pwease oh pwease let me watch another game!!!

2 hours ago, DON said:

Went from 1 of 5 HabWriters picking Habs over Pens, to 3 of 5 for this series.

Not certain if that is good news or bad news ... given their recent record

Go Habs Go

4 hours ago, illWill said:

Schadenfreude’s revenge!

Look for Price to dominate on his extended spring 2020 rest. He’s just getting warmed up!

20 minutes ago, illWill said:

Do we all want the Habs to win this series or are we hoping to lock in the 16th pick? Just want to be prepared next time I log in 

HA Ha ha 

Armia seems to be hurt on the hands, weak shots and trouble accepting passes.

Good effort from Domi so far

Daneault’s line is playing well

Habs playing « du bout du bâton » translated « from the end of their stick » meaning that it seems they are tentative

until that drive by the Danault line

Ouellette's heart may have been kin the right place ... but Price really didn't need Grant landing on top of him