Aug 12- Game One - ECQF - Habs-Flyers 8 PM

Just now, alfredoh2009 said:

Another post against Price. Lucky but does not bode well for the series 

We're talking fine distinctions here but Price looks slightly less utterly in control tonight. 

But that said what we need is offence.

1 minute ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

We're talking fine distinctions here but Price looks slightly less utterly in control tonight. 

But that said what we need is offence.

Agreed, time to put Domi in the top 6

2 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Decent game but we had too little sustained pressure. Hart will be hailed as brilliant, but he wasn't tested rigorously enough.

Yes. But it was close -- a few different bounces and it would have been 2-1 Habs. Or 4-1 Flyers ...

I'm happy to see that the boys are in the thick of it, even if we opened the series with a loss.

1 minute ago, sbhatt said:

I'm getting sick of CJ's shit where Oulett is concerned.

I am sure there will be changes for next game.

I can’t see him playing both Ouellet AND Weise next game.

at least one of t he sits , hopefully both 

1 minute ago, sbhatt said:

I'm getting sick of CJ's shit where Oulett is concerned.

Well, it's not like we have studs waiting to replace him. But I thought Fleury deserves better than to be benched in favour of that dolt.

Habs need to adjust. I thought Philly had a significant edge for 2/3 of that game. 

It is hard to win reliably when your "best" scorers (Tatar, Drouin) can't bury the puck.Or even look dangerous.

2 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Well, it's not like we have studs waiting to replace him. But I thought Fleury deserves better than to be benched in favour of that dolt.

Habs need to adjust. I thought Philly had a significant edge for 2/3 of that game. 

It is hard to win reliably when your "best" scorers (Tatar, Drouin) can't bury the puck.Or even look dangerous.

Drouin I expect to be useless...but Tatar is deeply concerning. 

10 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

Drouin I expect to be useless...but Tatar is deeply concerning. 

Well.  He was sat on the vegas cup run. Another postseason like this and he’s going to be known as the regular season stud, post season dud.

Carey had to be perfect and he was caught sliding on the Faradee goal.  Philly missed a couple open nets where he was out of position as well. 

The powerplay finally scoring was a good sign at least.  Hopefully kotka and domi can develop some chemistry, we're going to need offence from wherever we can get it this series.

3 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Suzuki is like Astro boy , indestructible 

I thought Suzuki had stopped it

it was another great save by Carey

9 hours ago, DON said:

Went from 1 of 5 HabWriters picking Habs over Pens, to 3 of 5 for this series.

Copy-cats😎

• Like 1

Move Domi up to Kman's line and let Drouin be useless on the 4th line with Weise. I would like Drouin - Poehling - Belzile as the 4th line

Fleury in and Oulette out please

We hung in there but Philly controlled most of the play and had many dangerous chances. I feel like CJ is not playing to win but playing not to loose and CJ is too obsessed with line matching.

Lehkonen is indeed cursed

31 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Move Domi up to Kman's line and let Drouin be useless on the 4th line with Weise. I would like Drouin - Poehling - Belzile as the 4th line

Fleury in and Oulette out please

We hung in there but Philly controlled most of the play and had many dangerous chances. I feel like CJ is not playing to win but playing not to loose and CJ is too obsessed with line matching.

Lehkonen is indeed cursed

It is long past time for Poehling or even Hudson to replace Weise. I loved DW in his first stint with the team but he is done. I know Hudon is ill suited to a 4th line but is CJ must be the only one watching these games that cannot see that Weise is bringing nothing. And Ouellet? 🤬