Aug 12- Game One - ECQF - Habs-Flyers 8 PM

OUELLET

========
maybe NHL experience is a factor that weighs in his favour ? I think he has more NHL games than the others 

In that logic, Mete would also have more games than the others but why play him on his off-side ?

WEISE

=====
he does not take risks like Hudon would and does not force the play. He also has size and may be the only one on the time that may drop the gloves besides Domi

TALENT

======
talent wise, the players that should be coming in for those are IMO

Fleury, Juulsen, Folin

Weil, Evans, Poehling, Hudon

10 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

But that said what we need is offence.

They had a 31-40 record for good reason.

6g by forwards in 5games should be about as expected.

17 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

OUELLET

========
maybe NHL experience is a factor that weighs in his favour ? I think he has more NHL games than the others 

In that logic, Mete would also have more games than the others but why play him on his of

Dint think it matters who is 6th d or 4th line wing, they are not the players who will be key to beating Philly.

5 minutes ago, DON said:

Dint think it matters who is 6th d or 4th line wing, they are not the players who will be key to beating Philly.

Agreed. Just wanted to post it for discussion 

43 minutes ago, DON said:

They had a 31-40 record for good reason.

6g by forwards in 5games should be about as expected.

I don't really care who scores the goals, whether it's a forward or Price. If Weber, Petry and Chiarot can bang them in, then let's do that. We just need more than one per game.

26 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

I don't really care who scores the goals, whether it's a forward or Price. If Weber, Petry and Chiarot can bang them in, then let's do that. We just need more than one per game.

Need yes, likely to happen, nyet.

I think Thompson gave all the forwards tips on how to finish a scoring play before he was traded.

The Flyers only let one goal in for each of their round robin games and 3 out of their 4 games to end the regular season prior to that. Hopefully the floodgates will start opening but it hasn’t been only the Habs that have only scored one goal against the Flyers as of late.

1 hour ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

The Flyers only let one goal in for each of their round robin games and 3 out of their 4 games to end the regular season prior to that. Hopefully the floodgates will start opening but it hasn’t been only the Habs that have only scored one goal against the Flyers as of late.

One of the challenges this organization faces is that, beyond longstanding structural holes in the roster - no backup G to stop Price from burning out, no quality puck-moving LD - the overall talent level is just too low. It's not that the FW is full of AHLers - au contraire, it's got legit NHL depth. But taken as a whole the FW crew is an uninspiring bunch.

This certainly doesn't rule out a Cinderella run, driven by the Trident (I love that euphemism!) and Price. But if the organization is ever to vault beyond bubble status, it will need either a substantial upgrade at LD or a talent infusion at FW. Preferably both. With Romanov in the wings, the former is more likely to occur than the latter - although by the time the Czar matures, Petry or Weber will likely be aging out.

It's a shame Drouin is such a joke. Not only did will cripple ourselves at LD through that trade, but we failed to add a FW who can be relied upon to generate anything other than aggravation. If he were a legit top-line threat, the FW unit would look significantly more potent, obviously.

12 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Well.  He was sat on the vegas cup run. Another postseason like this and he’s going to be known as the regular season stud, post season dud.

Tartar only played 8 of the 20 games Vegas played in that run ...  scoring 1g and 1a in those 8 games, so wasn't a big part there ...

31 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

:flaming: Maybe we can ask Weise to crash Hart's net skates first ? :flaming:

He is playing like Price was a few years back ! 

He's not playing that great.  Philly is. 

I don't know the numbers last night, (but I doubt we had that many high danger chances). Philly was averaging less than 4 High Danger scoring chances against in their three round robin games. 

The Habs, meanwhile, in the Pittsburgh series were giving up just over 11 High Danger chances against in 4 games. 

Philly's defence has been bang on. 

3 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

OUELLET

========

In that logic, Mete would also have more games than the others but why play him on his off-side ?

WEISE

=====
he does not take risks like Hudon would and does not force the play. He also has size and may be the only one on the time that may drop the gloves besides Domi

TALENT

======
talent wise, the players that should be coming in for those are IMO

Fleury, Juulsen, Folin

Weil, Evans, Poehling, Hudon

IMO Ouellette is outplaying Mete, if only for his contributions (4th D) on a thus far successful PK ... against a more physical Flyers team I would sub Fleury for Mete ... don't think it would be fair to depend on Juulsen in a playoff series given he has not played an NHL game since December 17, 2018 (but I see him as part of the D next season) and I'm not certain Folin is an upgrade on Xavier ... Folin is a pending UFA and Ouellette a pending RFA ... my guess is that Folin leaves and Ouellette gets re-signed to a one-way deal (for less than the limit that can be buried in the AHL at no cap cost) to be available as a 7/6 D if needed.

As for Weise, not certain his willingness to drop the gloves is enough to keep him in the lineup ... but it is an asset the others don't bring ... ***if*** Evans is healthy he would be my choice (think there is a good chance he is the 4C next season)  ... I lean towards Poehling over Weal because of the experience it would give him going forward ... but in terms of expected production Weal might be slightly ahead of Ryan (Ouellette outscored him last season in Laval) ... Hudon would be a hugely surprising choice IMO, but if they are looking to optimize the chance for 4th line offence he does have the most skill (IMO) 

18 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

IMO Ouellette is outplaying Mete

Did you see Ouellet fall down skating backwards, as Philly forward blew by him?

He is likely doing his best; but, he simply isn't an NHL calibre d-man and unlikely to be on any other NHL squad next year.

1 hour ago, GHT120 said:

Tartar only played 8 of the 20 games Vegas played in that run ...  scoring 1g and 1a in those 8 games, so wasn't a big part there ...

There was a reason why he only played on 8 games - wasn’t producing and fitting in.

23 minutes ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

Claude Julien was rushed to hospital yesterday after the game due to severe chest pains... unrelated to Covid.

Muller will run the bench for the series...

Habs go on a Cinderella run under Muller. 

Julien has a full recovery after coaching Muller through the playoffs. 

Muller becomes coveted by another NHL team and leaves to be their head coach. 

Habs PP has a resurgence in 2020-21. 

Ya heard it here first lol

(but in all seriousness - prayers for CJ and a full recovery - that’s the one SINCERE wish in that list)

2 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

:flaming: Maybe we can ask Weise to crash Hart's net skates first ? :flaming:

He is playing like Price was a few years back ! 

I honestly think he was more lucky then anything and Habs had no Bounces going there way. If we repeat the Quality scoring chances as we did in game one I’m expecting 3 to 4 goals getting past him on game two.. 

must win game two? 

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I think Mete has been pretty stink-o as well, TBH.

First and foremost I hope CJ is okay.

As for Mete, I think it is absurd to play him on his off wing to begin with. How is Mete on his off-side paired with Oulette the best option we have?

Give us Mete and Fleury

Just now, Prime Minister Koivu said:

First and foremost I hope CJ is okay.

As for Mete, I think it is absurd to play him on his off wing to begin with. How is Mete on his off-side paired with Oulette the best option we have?

Give us Mete and Fleury

Yes

and Im ready for

Tat Suz Gall

Lehk Dan Byron

Domi KK Armia

Drouin Poehling Evans

28 minutes ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

Yes

and Im ready for

Tat Suz Gall

Lehk Dan Byron