HABS VS FLYERS IN TORONTO ON AUGUST 14 @ 15:00 ET

illWill

5 minutes ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

No line up changes? After a loss?

I haven't seen any announced changes at the time of my post. Hopefully Captain Kirk does what basically every Hab fan wants and sits Weise 

Put Hudon on the third line (he played well together with Kotkaniemi in Laval), drop Drouin to partner Domi and sit Weise. Or try Drouin on the first line with Suzuki and Gallagher, and put Tatar with Domi and Belzile.

I think Hudon can at least match Drouin's recent performance, and this has the potential to ignite Domi's line.

39 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Put Hudon on the third line (he played well together with Kotkaniemi in Laval), drop Drouin to partner Domi and sit Weise. Or try Drouin on the first line with Suzuki and Gallagher, and put Tatar with Domi and Belzile.

I think Hudon can at least match Drouin's recent performance, and this has the potential to ignite Domi's line.

Hudon has been garbage every time he has been brought up.  His AHL production does not translate to the big club at all: 7 points in his last 47 NHL games, and -18 during that span.

5 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

Hudon has been garbage every time he has been brought up.  His AHL production does not translate to the big club at all: 7 points in his last 47 NHL games, and -18 during that span.

Yeah...while it's true that Drouin has been dog-spittle, at least we know that he has a fairly high ceiling at the NHL level, if he ever does manage to get his game in order. Hudon has never done anything. I'd rather try Domi on the wing if we're going to move him up the lineup. Yes, Domi has tended to under-perform at W, but surely his motivation will be high after being forced to play with two fire-hydrants for the entire playoff. And maybe the demotion will light a fire under Drouin's arse. 

I agree that Hudon has been terrible on his previous stints. Playing with Kotkaniemi could change that -- but maybe not.

Should still replace Weise, though, even if it's not Hudon. Is Evans ready?

However, it's exactly the same lineup as we saw on Wednesday.

https://twitter.com/CanadiensMTL/status/1294343791600705536?s=20

Lines going by pairs of forwards that play well together :

Drouin   - Suzuki - Gallagher

Tatar -Danault -Lehkonen
Domi -Kotkaniemi -Byron
That doesn’t leave much for the fourth line; we miss the guys they traded away:

4 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Tatar time!!!

About time! I think that’s the best start we’ve had in a while.

4 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

About time! I think that’s the best start we’ve had in a while.

The type of game where you've played so well you'd hope for more than a 1-0 lead.

Just now, Habsfan84 said:

The type of game where you've played so well you'd hope for more than a 1-0 lead.

Yep - one fluke goal by Philly and all that domination is wasted.

Captain Kirk making all the right moves so far! Domi moved up, Weise out - me like. Now if only we could get Oulett out.