Five goals

Two PP goals

Hart chased out

Elliott scored on

Excellent PK work

Perfect day for Price

Coutourier -2 on the day

Does it get any better than this?

Of course it does! This CANNOT COMPARE to the excitement of missing the playoffs and drafting 9th overall 🤪

Just teasing, Tankists...I have not been this jacked about anything Habs related since 2015!!

(That being said, it *is* just one game and the series is tied. We haven't won anything yet).

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Congratulations on helping get us this win.... illWill you do the next one ?

As per tradition, I will continue until we lose! So hopefully that is sometime in 2021 

20 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

Vignault noted that Muller put the 1st line pp out at the end of the game to embarrass them and that he would tell his team that. I thought we were past that stuff in hockey. 

I noticed that as well, seems like he is pretty pissed about that. Love the way they played but hopefully this wasn't something to fire up the Flyers.

1 minute ago, illWill said:

I noticed that as well, seems like he is pretty pissed about that. Love the way they played but hopefully this wasn't something to fire up the Flyers.

No doubt they will be fired up. Hopefully Hart has a long memory and plays shaky.

1 minute ago, illWill said:

Grasping at straws are we Alain?

Muller when asked who's idea it was (his or CJ) to scratch Weise and re-insert Evans and promote and demote armia and Domi... he said he made the decision. Said he had a gut feeling...

4 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

No doubt they will be fired up. Hopefully Hart has a long memory and plays shaky.

Philly will be all-in for the next game. Habs have to avoid cockiness and be 100% ready.

41 minutes ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

Grasping at straws are we Alain?

Muller when asked who's idea it was (his or CJ) to scratch Weise and re-insert Evans and promote and demote armia and Domi... he said he made the decision. Said he had a gut feeling...

Think he was just trying to change the script somewhat and give the Philly reporters something to ask/write about other than "the Flyers sucked"

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, illWill said:

The first unit was on the ice, but they weren't even trying to score.  They were just passing it around on the last PP. 

He's just trying to come up with something to motivate his team for next game. 

I like what Muller did with the lines and the small changes had a big impact for sure. Evans is an upgrade over Weise and giving Domi some line mates worked out well - I though Oulette played well but we may see that change coming too.

I'm most excited for Kotkaniemi! He is a totally different player than the one we had before he was sent down. Every single area of his game has dramatically improved and we may have a serious #1 centre here. How amazing is it that we are now strong down the middle!

If Carey Price continues to play like 1986 Roy then we have a real chance here. I haven't seen Price this dialed in and this engaged in years. He is making champion level saves.

I would not doubt if we take control of this series now. Philly could not handle 4 lines of speed coming at them and it was glorious.

15 hours ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

did anyone notice 2 PP goals?

or the fact Muller made some subtle changes and had 4 lefties and 1 righty out for both goals scored? Ive just been saying that for the last 3 f'n years...

The PP units were actually changed before game 1. 

3 hours ago, DON said:

yes

I guess that if Domi embraces his role as a top 6 winger on the DKD line, it makes all the sense in the world to sign him.

We'll see how he does in this year's playoffs. I want to see him do well for more that a game.

Really? 

Cause my biggest notice was Mete having  4:00 on the  #2 PP yesterday and zero game 1 or any games thus far. I had not seen mete, domi KK, tatar and armia together on the PP till yesterday. Also, the first unit had Petry back with Weber. #1 PP was Suzuki, gallagher, weber, Petry and Drouin. ill have to look at it again when i get a chance to see more. All I know is although they still weren't perfect they definitely had more looks on the PP

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

The PP units were actually changed before game 1. 

42 minutes ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

Really? 

Cause my biggest notice was Mete having  4:00 on the  #2 PP yesterday and zero game 1 or any games thus far. I had not seen mete, domi KK, tatar and armia together on the PP till yesterday. Also, the first unit had Petry back with Weber. #1 PP was Suzuki, gallagher, weber, Petry and Drouin. ill have to look at it again when i get a chance to see more. All I know is although they still weren't perfect they definitely had more looks on the PP

The Habs had one power play in Game 1 and the first unit scored in less than a minute.  That unit was Drouin-Suzuki-Gallagher with Petry-Weber on defence.

• Upvote 1