HABS @ ATL | Oct 12 7pm - Danis in the net

bebehabs

At this point, I almost would be happy to give him to another team and give someone else a shot at sitting in the press box. Heck I will even volunteer my services as his repalcement watching the game from very nice seats.

I was very impressed with the teams overall defence. Danis played great, but there weren't too many good chances that he had to stop. Most of the dangerous plays by kovalchuck and others were forced to be from bad angles and it showed as the saves looked routine for Danis.

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i believe that dags is getting $550,000. If he gets picked up on waivers on the way up, the other team only pays half his salary, montreal being responsible for the rest.

550/2=275, that the other team's exposure.

begin was on the ice after the play in which he was injured. Unless I missed something, he should be cool.

Whats the minimum IR term, 15 days?

I don't think Begin is out anywhere near that long, meaning you have to waive someone to get murray up.

So end of the day we shutout an offensive powerhouse in the game their best player rejoined the team, and we are supposed to be weak defensively plus we used our third-string goalie.

Hmm, pas pire!!!

:ghg:

Originally posted by JeanLucPilon
Originally posted by Lister100

You got different stars than Danis, Bulis and Bouillon?

in-house Atlanta announcer had

1 Dannis

2 some thrasher

3 Koivu

also, if you go to the canadiens website, it'll tell you that the 3 stars are:

1. danis

2. garnett (the second thrasher goalie)

3. koivu

I hear all saying Danis wasnt tested with anything but half chances... At least he didnt let them in like Theo has done this far. Im sure though that Theo will be the better one once he has gotten used to the gear. I feel we have the best goalies in the league depthwise.

Originally posted by Dalhabs

I hear all saying Danis wasnt tested with anything but half chances... At least he didnt let them in like Theo has done this far. Im sure though that Theo will be the better one once he has gotten used to the gear. I feel we have the best goalies in the league depthwise.

I watched the game and Danis played great, his possitional skills are amazing for a young goalie, and he made some hard saves look easy, he was tested and performed very well.

Greaat game, I am not an America and don't need to see a goal scoring barrage to enjoy a game. Great hockey game, too many penalties but that is what the American audience wanted, more powerplays.

Dags maybe taking dumb penalties still but let Gainey be the manager and he will decide when and if it is time to move him, I for one don't see it happening soon.

We would probably have to package him together with Ribs and I don't want to see that happen.

so apparently the Thrashers are a little screwed. Without Dunham and Lehtonin, they only have goalies with no NHL experience (unless you count 53 minutes from Garnett). Hope thrashers left themselves some cap room.

Although.... Garnett didn't look that bad. Maybe they give him a few more games before pulling the trigger. fourthperiod.com is saying that Felix Potvin and Mika Noronen on the radar. Hmm... who else could they pick up?

Arturs Irbe?

Originally posted by simonus

so apparently the Thrashers are a little screwed.  Without Dunham and Lehtonin, they only have goalies with no NHL experience (unless you count 53 minutes from Garnett).  Hope thrashers left themselves some cap room.

Although....  Garnett didn't look that bad.  Maybe they give him a few more games before pulling the trigger.  fourthperiod.com is saying that Felix Potvin and Mika Noronen on the radar.  Hmm... who else could they pick up?

Arturs Irbe?

Hey, hey, hey!!! Simonus... only 24 to go and you reach the 'heavenlies'. Go, go, go!

so apparently the Thrashers are a little screwed.  Without Dunham and Lehtonin, they only have goalies with no NHL experience (unless you count 53 minutes from Garnett).  Hope thrashers left themselves some cap room.

Although....  Garnett didn't look that bad.  Maybe they give him a few more games before pulling the trigger.  fourthperiod.com is saying that Felix Potvin and Mika Noronen on the radar.  Hmm... who else could they pick up?

Arturs Irbe?

Felix Potvin??? Did he not retire. Yikes, there is nobody left as a free agent goalie is there...

didn't really know where to post this... but  

NJ 1 - NYR 4!

The status quo is still being established, and it might not be what people think it will be.

One of the neat results of the salary cap. Much more parity in the league. The old order will go by the wayside. I imagine that success in drafting will go a long way in determining success on the ice. From the list on hockeysfuture.com, Montreal is already way ahead of the game. Until recently, they were 1st in the league. They now stand 4th after Washington, Pittsburg & Chicago. Th e nearest traditional powerhouses are Philadelphia and New Jersey at 15th & 16th. Dallas is 23rd, Detroit is 25th and Colorado are last.

Didn't want to start a new Atlanta thread..Soo...

They just suck against the Leafs tonight. No real shots against Toronto. A night off for Belfour if this keeps up because he will not even work up a sweat!

Lindros and Allison are making me look stupid as they play very well. Oneil with two goals is getting back to his old form.

I hope the Habs come out tomorrow night with all lines gunning for Belfour; as lots of shots are going to be what he is not used to after this game. Did all the experts pick Atlanta to do well in their division. Yikes!

GO HABS GO!

Originally posted by Howie_Morenz

They just suck against the Leafs tonight.  No real shots against Toronto.  A night off for Belfour if this keeps up because he will not even work up a sweat!

Lindros and Allison are making me look stupid as they play very well.  Oneil with two goals is getting back to his old form.  

I hope the Habs come out tomorrow night with all lines gunning for Belfour; as lots of shots are going to be what he is not used to after this game.   Did all the experts pick Atlanta to do well in their division.  Yikes!

GO HABS GO!

They really are in a slump. It's now Leafs 6, Thrashers 1 getting near the end of the game.

Lindros and Allison are making many of us look stupid. That's ok. Life goes on. Let's confidently hope that the Canadiens will make MANY MORE people look WAY MORE stupid by the end of this hockey year.

Originally posted by shortcat1
Originally posted by Howie_Morenz

They just suck against the Leafs tonight.  No real shots against Toronto.  A night off for Belfour if this keeps up because he will not even work up a sweat!

Lindros and Allison are making me look stupid as they play very well.  Oneil with two goals is getting back to his old form.  

I hope the Habs come out tomorrow night with all lines gunning for Belfour; as lots of shots are going to be what he is not used to after this game.   Did all the experts pick Atlanta to do well in their division.  Yikes!

GO HABS GO!

They really are in a slump. It's now Leafs 6, Thrashers 1 getting near the end of the game.

Lindros and Allison are making many of us look stupid. That's ok. Life goes on. Let's confidently hope that the Canadiens will make MANY MORE people look WAY MORE stupid by the end of this hockey year.

I didn't see this game, but allison has looked quite mortal most of the time i've seen him and Lindros is looking good but not great.

I am singularly unimpressed when guys can showcase aggainst bad teams with bad goalies.