Best Montreal band?

Pierre the Great

Funny nobody mentionned Mobile yet. They're good.

Personaly, I've been a long-time fan of Grim Skunk. They didnt originate from Montreal but they've relocated there about 10 years ago.

On the French side, I like Jean Leloup's new protégée: Anik Jean. Same kind of sound, but much nicer to look at. Reminds me of a dark Liz Phair.

I grew up on hip-hop.. but it's hip-POP now. Adulterated, saturated with alpha male posturing.

I'm seriously stuck on Sam Roberts' new album -- on the songs "An American Draft Dodger in Thunder Bay" and "Mystified, Heavy" in particular.

Funny nobody mentionned Mobile yet. They're good.

Personaly, I've been a long-time fan of Grim Skunk. They didnt originate from Montreal but they've relocated there about 10 years ago.

On the French side, I like Jean Leloup's new protégée: Anik Jean. Same kind of sound, but much nicer to look at. Reminds me of a dark Liz Phair.

Yeah, I find it funny because I was listening to "Out of my head" when I saw that. :P

• 2 weeks later...
Isn't Doucette from Montreal??? He's excellent!

I also agree with the earlier mention of Beau Dommage

if you want some 2000's beau dommage, theyre called Les cowboys fringants ot the frisky cowboys