Game 4, Flyers vs Habs, 3 PM

dlbalr

Just now, BCHabnut said:

Philly is playing amazing defensive hockey.

And Habs don't have the offence to beat it

I know there's a lower XG% on point shots but right now, get the puck to the point and let Weber/Petry/Kulak/Chiarot fire.  Philly is collapsing everything down low and killing everything in the process.  Look at those last couple of minutes - their best chances came off the point shots and the ensuing bounces.  Driving the outside and trying to pass it through five players to get a shot isn't working.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, GHT120 said:

And Habs don't have the offence to beat it

This.  Roster is sorely lacking scoring punch.  Too many pluggers, not enough snipers.  Basically unless a team is dumb enough to get into a track meet with us, Carey has to pitch a shutout to have any chance to win.

What a frustrating last 5 periods, nothing but missed nets and hitting posts. 

I expect the Habs to come out flying this period, they aren't the most talented team but they never give up. 

1 minute ago, illWill said:

What a frustrating last 5 periods, nothing but missed nets and hitting posts. 

I expect the Habs to come out flying this period, they aren't the most talented team but they never give up. 

They have no D that are QB's. No one can move the puck up clean. Which is why our PP sucks so much.

6 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

This.  Roster is sorely lacking scoring punch.  Too many pluggers, not enough snipers.  Basically unless a team is dumb enough to get into a track meet with us, Carey has to pitch a shutout to have any chance to win.

I had said this in another post we have no D that can move the puck up and set up plays. Really miss Markov back their makes you really appreciate him more and more.

1 minute ago, Habsfan89 said:

They have no D that are QB's. No one can move the puck up clean. Which is why our PP sucks so much.

Petry is as good as anyone at carrying the puck up ice. He has looked great carrying the puck

2 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

I dont know why you quoted me, that has nothing to do with missed nets, posts hit, or how they dont give up 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

I know there's a lower XG% on point shots but right now, get the puck to the point and let Weber/Petry/Kulak/Chiarot fire.  Philly is collapsing everything down low and killing everything in the process.  Look at those last couple of minutes - their best chances came off the point shots and the ensuing bounces.  Driving the outside and trying to pass it through five players to get a shot isn't working.

100%. I hope someone shows Muller this comment lol. Once Philly starts taking the point shot more seriously it might then open up deeper in the zone