Game 4, Flyers vs Habs, 3 PM

dlbalr

4 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

At least our PK is good. 😬

Flyers fns undoubtedly trashing their PP .. it has scored 1 goal in 25 chances (as I post) since play resumed ... 4% success rate

Just now, sbhatt said:

They will get lit up and be going home tomorrow night...guaranteed.

Lingren will get a shutout and Weise will have a hat trick tomorrow 

Gallagher and Drouin barely saw the ice in the third - I'm thinking the former is due to injury and the latter due to benching.  With the back-to-back tomorrow night, it'll be interesting to see if Gallagher's in there.

1 minute ago, dlbalr said:

Gallagher and Drouin barely saw the ice in the third - I'm thinking the former is due to injury and the latter due to benching.  With the back-to-back tomorrow night, it'll be interesting to see if Gallagher's in there.

Gallagher will be there ... but will he be able to do anything ... no goals since play resumed ... and other than flashes here and there just hasn't looked like "Gallagher" ... I agree he is likely injured ... but is starting to beg the question whether what he has had to do to succeed (i.e., play a 6'2", 220 lb game in a 5'9", 185 body) has taken its toll ... IMO, Gallagher is a top 5 RW in the NHL ... when HEALTHY ... but his next contract is going to be a challenge ...

Muller has been badly out-coached tonight and Sunday!!.

He over coached this team. He started line juggling a team in the 3rd last game that still managed 6 posts and many missed point blank opportunities. Even so, we knew we were gonna get the Flyers best game. He shortened the bench and they lost there rythm. Today was just a mish mash of non confidence building line changes. seriously though? The most important 2 periods of the season and you literally throw your lines into a blender? was Therrien sending him old signals from across the benches?

Horrible game by most of the forwards but what did we expect. The chemistry on this team has been destroyed in 6 periods

Brutal

We've seen the line adjustments but the tactics have been the same throughout.  Philly has shown that they can defend that so rather than tweaking the lines in the hopes of it magically working, there needs to be some alterations to their offensive plan.  Right now, it seems to be drive the outside and hope the pass to the slot gets through and it rarely is.

Bit of a crash to earth after the highs of the Play-In and Game Two.

Those games offered a taste of what it can be like to cheer for a good team - a welcome reminder to those of us who were quite fed up with the diet of non-stop horse excrement.

At the end of the day, though, this IS a team which sucked the big one for most of the regular season. Just not good enough. And while the emergence of KK and Suzuki is a huge, potentially transformative development, those gains have been negated by the offensive impotence of our core forwards in particular.

Some positive signs for the organization as a whole. But we're a loooong way from actually being winners.

16 minutes ago, brobin said:

I am not sure why people are surprised... 24th placed team... would rather admit we are rebuilding and get draft picks... more young talent to build on is needed... 

They were lousy this year, but even then they were only shutout once. They don't have the guts to rebuild, so Suzuki and Kotkaniemi playing well led to high optimism for once. Nobody would have been surprised if this happened against the Penguins. But after beating them and then the brilliant game 2 performance, back-to-back shutouts is definitely a surprise.

Fun facts

Philly is the first team in history to lead a 7 game series after 4 games while scoring only 5 goals. 

The Habs have scored 6 goals to Philly's 5, but are down 3-1

i still think game 3 was all puck luck. We had missed chances, 6 posts (3 from the kids alone) and Hart made more than a handful point blank saves. Fine you lose 1-0 to Philly and Hart out duels Price (mind you Price played well )

but game 4... I still think Muller mucked this one up from the start. Maybe it was over thinking the last change rather than just rolling his 4 lines systematically like in games 1 and 2.

And you bench Gallagher? If he's not hurt Im flabergasted that a relentless workhourse would get benched? Snakebitten is one thing, not trying is another!

Anyways, my guess is Poehling gets in tomorrow, has a wonderful game but, its one game to late!

At least getting shut out means that we didn't lose because of Price's gaffe.  Philly is playing like a well-coached team with a slight talent edge, we've controlled the play for decent stretches but just haven't got the bounces.  Very defensive series with not many pucks reaching the net.  You'd hope for Price to be the difference in this situation but Hart has been right there with him.