GAME 5: Habs at Flyers, 8 PM on 19 August

tomh009

I don't understand why you'd put Hart back in. 

The guy is fighting the puck, the armia 2nd goal was bad and so was this one, even if it didn't count. The fact it was offside doesn't change the fact he was beaten and doesn't look good tonight. 

Muller has to tell the boys shoot from anywhere. 

1 minute ago, Fanpuck33 said:

What a bizarre situation. The goal called back, so Hart not actually being pulled.

Interesting, the back up was putting his gear on wasnt he..

Just now, Commandant said:

The guy is fighting the puck, the armia 2nd goal was bad and so was this one, even if it didn't count. The fact it was offside doesn't change the fact he was beaten and doesn't look good tonight.

Didn't Kotkaniemi almost score another one like these two, just hitting the top of Hart's elbow? It seems like Hart is leaving space in the top corners today.

14 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

How big of a scorer was wheeler in college?  Never scored 20 goals.  Was he the same player in Boston and Atlanta, or even his first couple of years in Winnipeg, as he is now?  
He looked good at the WJ and has potential. 

You get what I'm saying.  The 1st overall pic Jack Hughes was injured and Poehling got all his minutes and made the most out of every second of it.   In that tourney he looked like he could potentially be a 30 g/yr guy in the NHL.   I'd love to see him get a chance in a big game with 1st or 2nd line minutes like he should have and see what he can do. 

1 minute ago, Commandant said:

Perhaps a bigger surprise than the Habs taking the lead... Me agreeing with Commandant. :scared:

1 minute ago, tomh009 said:

Didn't Kotkaniemi almost score another one like these two, just hitting the top of Hart's elbow? It seems like Hart is leaving space in the top corners today.

Yeah, and Armia had a long shot off the cross bar too. 

He's fighting it. 

His rebounds aren't sharp either.  Shoot and drive the net. 

1 minute ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

You get what I'm saying.  The 1st overall pic Jack Hughes was injured and Poehling got all his minutes and made the most out of every second of it.   In that tourney he looked like he could potentially be a 30 g/yr guy in the NHL.   I'd love to see him get a chance in a big game with 1st or 2nd line minutes like he should have and see what he can do. 

In December , not now

1 minute ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

There are exceptions to the rule, but they are exceptions for a reason.   We are also comparing a 5th overall pick to a 25th. 

This is just like the Mike McCarron arguments we used to have.  If you aren't a big time scorer in Junior or in College, the chances of being a big scorer in the NHL are very, very low, even if you can pick one or two exceptions, there are thousands who don't. 

4 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Agreed!

Though we should be happy. Hart's proven he responds well to getting pulled in the following games.