GAME 5: Habs at Flyers, 8 PM on 19 August

tomh009

30 minutes ago, DON said:

Why not?

He hit him in the numbers, took a long run at him, jumped at him, had time and could of easily let up or not even made the hit, head injury...what real argument is there for not deserving a suspension?  

Head injury? Sanheim was back on the ice the next shift, did not see so injured to me.

The Niskanen cross-check on Gallagher looked more like intent to injure to me.

I don't think the Habs can win game 6 without Gallagher, so I sure hope the broken-jaw rumours are false.

As for KK, I really doubt a suspension is coming because there was no injury on the play. However, he has been a young kid raising Cain this playoff; if opinion among the Good Old Boys running the league is that he's a punk who is getting too big for his britches, then they may well suspend him. Because that's how aribtrary "justice" works in the NHL. Just like if a Flyer deliberately takes out Suzuki in retaliation for his head-tap on Hart, that will probably looked at as "all the kid deserved." 

56 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Head injury? Sanheim was back on the ice the next shift, did not see so injured to me.

The Niskanen cross-check on Gallagher looked more like intent to injure to me.

Yes, i forgot, to be a head injury, you need to be splayed out like Pacioretty eh, not just stitch's to the face.

36 minutes ago, DON said:

Yes, i forgot, to be a head injury, you need to be splayed out like Pacioretty eh, not just stitch's to the face.

Did I say that? But it really did not appear to me that Sanheim was injured. Shaken up by the hard hit, sure, but no injury as he continued play.

Or did you see some evidence of actual injury?

34 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Did I say that? But it really did not appear to me that Sanheim was injured. Shaken up by the hard hit, sure, but no injury as he continued play.

Or did you see some evidence of actual injury?

He was bleeding from the face, so technically an injury.   He never left the game though. 

2 minutes ago, Habsfan84 said:

I guess cross-checking someone in the face is a hockey play now

Same lame excuse Boston uses often on our Smurfs

Yeah..."it's just unfortunate that that stanchion decided to throw itself into Pacioretty's face"

God love Vigneault, but I don't remember the NHL rulebook saying it's OK to crosscheck any player under 6'.

Lets be honest, this is Gallagher and its the playoffs. 

He will get it wired shut, play with a full cage and drink throw a straw for a couple weeks. 

I expect nothing less, cause its Gallagher.   If it was another player, maybe he wouldn't play... but if there is absolutely any way that Gallagher can get on the ice, he'll be on the ice. 

Unless they have a CT scanner in the bubble, even if it comes back negative, we lose him for 4 days I believe?  I thought I saw something about any player leaving the bubble has to test covid negative 4 times before being allowed back in.

2 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

Unless they have a CT scanner in the bubble, even if it comes back negative, we lose him for 4 days I believe?  I thought I saw something about any player leaving the bubble has to test covid negative 4 times before being allowed back in.

No, they put him in a sanitized ambulance,  take him to the hospital.... the CT room is sanitized before he gets there, he goes in, has no contact with any people outside the bubble, gets his scan and goes back to the bubble. 

The NHL is paying extra for this, 

1 minute ago, Commandant said:

No, they put him in a sanitized ambulance,  take him to the hospital.... the CT room is sanitized before he gets there, he goes in, has no contact with any people outside the bubble, gets his scan and goes back to the bubble. 

The NHL is paying extra for this, 

That's a relief...I thought we were losing him no matter what the result of the scan is.  Thanks for clarifying.

The problem becomes if someone needs to be rushed to the hospital and they have no time to prepare for them... ie when Jake Muzzin was stretchered off the ice and wasn't moving.   Then it becomes an issue where time is of the essence and they can't prep everything.

3 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

If there was ever a reason for a suspension. 

Philly d-man was just playing the puck and accidently bumped lil Gallagher, but simply didn't realize how short he was.:devil:

5 hours ago, DON said:

Why not?

He hit him in the numbers, took a long run at him, jumped at him, had time and could of easily let up or not even made the hit, head injury...what real argument is there for not deserving a suspension?  

The NHL department of player safety and drinking on the job suspends result not action.  It’s sad but true.  If Sanheim played the rest of the game and starts next game, which there’s no indication he isn’t, there won’t be a suspension.

If Gallagher doesn’t play another shift until next season, the punishment they deem to be fair would be maybe a fine for Niskinan.  At this point there hasn’t been an announcement they are looking into it, so he got away with it.

EDIT:  just found out they are in fact looking into the cross-check.  Could be a game or 2 in my opinion.

5 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

The NHL department of player safety and drinking on the job suspends result not action.  It’s sad but true.  If Sanheim played the rest of the game and starts next game, which there’s no indication he isn’t, there won’t be a suspension.

If Gallagher doesn’t play another shift until next season, the punishment they deem to be fair would be maybe a fine for Niskinan.  At this point there hasn’t been an announcement they are looking into it, so he got away with it.

There was an announcement that he is having a hearing. 

9 minutes ago, Commandant said:

There was an announcement that he is having a hearing. 

Thanks for the link.  I updated my original post to reflect it.

I’m going to jump on the optimist train for this.  In the 5 games played, habs are 2-1 when they score, 2-0 when they score more than 1.  Philly doesn’t appear to be a scoring juggernaught.  If the habs can keep from being blanked, by skating and driving the net, there’s still a legitimate shot at winning this series.  More so than most series that are 3-1.  

Philly’s smothering defence is crippled by speed,  something the habs didn’t bring in game 3 and 4.  If they are going to take penalties, make them penalties from getting in Hart’s kitchen. The kid is good, but he’s been real fortunate with all the posts that have been hit that only 1 went post and in.  

31 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

Thanks for the link.  I updated my original post to reflect it.

I’m going to jump on the optimist train for this.  In the 5 games played, habs are 2-1 when they score, 2-0 when they score more than 1.  Philly doesn’t appear to be a scoring juggernaught.  If the habs can keep from being blanked, by skating and driving the net, there’s still a legitimate shot at winning this series.  More so than most series that are 3-1.  

Philly’s smothering defence is crippled by speed,  something the habs didn’t bring in game 3 and 4.  If they are going to take penalties, make them penalties from getting in Hart’s kitchen. The kid is good, but he’s been real fortunate with all the posts that have been hit that only 1 went post and in.  

I think what happens is that when Philly falls behind, they have to open up - but when they do that, our speed kills them and they get scored on in bunches.

The key, therefore, is to break that goose-egg. Make them play our game rather than the reverse.