Ivanans on the Injured List - who gets the call?

gohabsgo252006

RDS article says that Ivanans has a broken orbital bone, similar to the injury to Sundin and he will be out a while and is on the iNjured List.

Who get's the call from Hamilton in this case. The article also said that it wasn't likely to be Vandermeer. Unless I misread it b/c french is not my first language.

Could Kostytsin get a call? or is there someone else on the depth chart ahead of him in Hamilton.

I'm interested to hear from you guys, as some of you know a heck of a lot about our prospects.

Originally posted by gohabsgo252006

Who get's the call from Hamilton in this case.  The article also said that it wasn't likely to be Vandermeer.  Unless I misread it b/c french is not my first language.  

Could Kostytsin get a call? or is there someone else on the depth chart ahead of him in Hamilton.

bringing up vandermeer is a bit of a risk, because he has to pass through waivers... but that shouldnt really affect the decision too much.

It actually might not be the worst idea to bring up Garth Murray. He's probably the right fit for the 4th line. Kostitsyn needs top line minutes to develop and he ain't gonna get it with the big club.

Well there goes our goon!

When recovering from a broken orbital you can't have people punching you in the face every night. :wall:

Was it from the cheap shot? Must have been, think if Ivan had thrown the cheap shot and Chara was out, how different the reaction would be!

I think the league should re-assess the whole fighting on ice thing.

I mean really.

Originally posted by les_glorieux

what a pussy.

I'm surprised that you would react that way. He was sucker punched by Chara when he was held by the refs. The bone broke. Hardly his fault.

Originally posted by Trizzak

was the injury from the cheap shot?

Only way possible. Chara sucker punched him while the refs were holding him so he couldn't protect himself. Likely Chara's strength plus the placement of the hit 'did the trick'.

Originally posted by simonus
Originally posted by gohabsgo252006

Who get's the call from Hamilton in this case.  The article also said that it wasn't likely to be Vandermeer.  Unless I misread it b/c french is not my first language.  

bringing up vandermeer is a bit of a risk, because he has to pass through waivers... but that shouldnt really affect the decision too much.

It actually might not be the worst idea to bring up Garth Murray. He's probably the right fit for the 4th line. Kostitsyn needs top line minutes to develop and he ain't gonna get it with the big club.

Very astute. I agree in all points. I'm sort of interested in seeing what Murray could bring to the club.

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo:

F@&% it NExt time we play Sens I say we send Begin and Plek to repeatedly body chek his knees and get him off the ice for a month or two...

Seriously "My" NHL Cause its MINE they said so!!! should take action on Ho Ho Ho green giant... at least a major fine and a 10 game suspension

Originally posted by Howie_Morenz

I will admit, I am not knowing the Canadiens farm team all that well.  Does anyone have a list of the tough guys?

Johnathan Aitken

Garth Murray

Peter Vandermeer

????

50728539.bulldogs.jpg

And Jeff Paul, I think.

Jeff Paul??? He's not so tough. It would take him 5 minutes to realize he'd been hit and that he's supposed to tag his offender with a left hook!

Originally posted by revvvrob

Jeff Paul??? He's not so tough. It would take him 5 minutes to realize he'd been hit and that he's supposed to tag his offender with a left hook!

I think you exaggerate. He was a second round pick by Chicago in 1998 (I think). That doesn't mean he's a member of mensa but it does say that he was recognized as having some hockey sense. I don't know why he didn't pan out as expected but, on the other hand, he isn't totally without any 'saving grace' with regards to hockey skills. Also Gainey wouldn't sign a 'headless body'.