Game Thread | Toronto vs. Montreal | 10/15/05

Spider-Man NL

carolina beats new jersey 5 - 1 . brodeur was in nets for nj - off game, I guess

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

announcers say that cam ward, carolina's goalie for the AHL last year.

only two games for montreal this week... wednesday and next saturday. lots of time off to work on stuff

they're saying that vokoun and the predators are on their way to their 5th victory also. he IS a good goaltender.

time to work on the pp and a new second line:ghg:

does anyone know where to get a copy of that old habs song from the 89' cup run "Habs to the Top"?????

Guys (and gals), you GOTTA watch this! It's REALLY funny.

http://www.atomfilms.com/landing/landingIn...g&mature=accept :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Frensh connection Uniited Kingdom! FCUK!

Someone should take care of Lindros (Komi).

Gees, I'm to drunk to even post here. (this message took me an half an hour to spell)...

Good to see thr rookies score on¨ce again"

Originally posted by ch_nl

Gees, I'm to drunk to even post here. (this message took me an half an hour to spell)...

only two errors... not bad... I'll give you a B but only based on the fact that you're incapacitated otherwise....

fffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuccccccccck

that felt good, one more time

ffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuucccccccccckk

*sigh* so close for a win. And Lindros...god that hurts.

Second line needs a shakeup, maybe even a demotion to the third line for awhile for Ryder. Throw Bulis and Plekanec or Higgins up to the second line with Ribeiro to add a little hustle.

I dunno...might be worth experimenting.

Originally posted by shortcat1

only two errors... not bad... I'll give you a B but only based on the fact that you're incapacitated otherwise....

Three, you missed "Frensh."

Originally posted by dark_faerie87

It's a good thing I teach Kindergarten. Spelling doesn't count there. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Originally posted by dark_faerie87

It's a good thing I teach Kindergarten. Spelling doesn't count there. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Heheh, you should see how I used to write my name in kindergarten. It was almost as if it was in a different alphabet!

Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie

I'm back! I can't believe we lost to the Leafs! Great game for Markov.

This just in: Plekanec's shot has just landed in Siberia.

hahahahaha very nice. That was an amazing shot.

My favourite line from one of the CBC announcers:

"Is there a better stickhandler in the league than Kovalev? He's the kinda guy that could follow you into a revolving door and come out ahead of you.")

ahhh disappointed about the game :( hate those leafs grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr~ my forever ennemies~~ just hate their jersey, their logo, their players, their face, their ass~ grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

negative notes :

- theo still didnt play at his best

- we have to reduce some stupid penalties (such as too much men on the ice)

- TAKE OFF DAGENAIS~ i used to like that guy but it was a LONG TIME ago~

- we didnt win at home since the beginning of the season~ which is not normal~ :(

ok~ positive notes tonite :

- pleky scored his first nhl goal :D

- komi had fun playing (hitting muahaha) tucker on the board~

- kovy scored!!! (it was about time)

sweet dreamz guys~~~ GO HABS GO :D

I so angry after a loss to the leafs.

I think Dagenais deserves to be sent to the ECHL or Siberia or anywhere but near our team. He plain STINKS, he can't hit or pass or play D or skate for that matter. He's uselss and he drags that line down with him. As soon as Plek's took his spot they played better.

Sourray is possibly the worst stickhandler ever. He always loses the puck and tries to do too much. HE should take a lesson from Komi and play it simple.

The kids as usual give it their all and play well, Zhogs makes some rookie mistakes every game, but that's expected. Higgins and Pleks are great and need more ice time along with Begin, he gives it his all every shift, gotta love that. Markov and Bouillon palying great and Rivet underrated.

Let's turn this arround quickly as divisional games are key and we got Boston on Tuesday.

Bye Bye DAGS!!!! Please

yes, besides dagenais's one timer attempt he pretty much did nothing that game.

One thing i did notice though is kovalev's play throughout this season. he has 1 goal and 5 assists for 6 points in 6 games. He only has 1 goal but he clearly dominates in every game. just watch, the goals will pour in and he will at least have 30 this year mark my words. awesome player.

Easy on Souray, he's that type of D-man---a force of nature who will help you sometimes and hurt you other times, but definitely a Presence that other teams respect. And very few defencemen have the hands for the kind of in-tight goal he had the chance to score tonight (remember Bourque at Nagano? Oy vey).

What we need is some good analysis of PRECISELY how the Leafs managed to neutralize the Habs' speed advantage, which was so much in evidence for the first and last ten minutes of the game. Julien had better watch the tapes carefully, as will future Habs opponents. I doubt it all boils down to simple 'clutching and grabbing,' although according to HNIC's late game telecast, that stuff is creeping back into the corners and the slot and if it is, the Habs had better be ready to meet it.

The second line sucks ass. At least Ribs showed some of his old dipsy-doodling tonight, but basically, there's no saving it until Zednik returns.

And, oh yeah---why was Julien so tough on Dagenais last season, and so forgiving of him this time around?? That seems weird.

[Edited on 2005/10/16 by Roo-AH! Roo-AH!]

I think we wouldve had this one if it wasnt for Belfour playing exceptionally well.... it wouldve also helped if our 2nd and 3rd lines played a little better.

Originally posted by Roo-AH! Roo-AH!

And, oh yeah---why was Julien so tough on Dagenais last season, and so forgiving of him this time around?? That seems weird.

[Edited on 2005/10/16 by Roo-AH! Roo-AH!]

Dags is only getting chances because of the lack of replacements. when Zed comes back, Dags sits on the bench. I'm surprised they didnt do:

higs-ribs-ryder

murray-plek-begin

but, I guess they figured it wasnt worth it for 1-2 games?

Or vandermeer, or whatever. Dags is just plain unacceptable.

This actually might be one of those times when you might try:

higs-ribs-ryder

bulis-bonk-dandenault

begin-plek-sundstrom

and then throw streit in the D mix

[Edited on 10/16/2005 by simonus]

Ok well I was there tonight, damn losing to the Leafs is tough I can't STAND them, or their fans.

Well he's my recap on each player.

Perezhogin- Looked very good, compliments the first line pretty well, but I do think he'll lose his spot on the top unit when Zednik comes back.

Koivu- He was alright, played a good game, not his best though... He didn't seem to "have it" tonight. He wasn't able to take over the game like we've scene in other games this year.

Kovalev- Is he ever a treat to watch, He played a first period of a Hart throphy winner, while he did tail off a bit, he's amazing. We haven't had anyone with this much skill in over a decade.

Ryder- There isn't a player I'm more dissapointed in. He used to be the hardest working player on the team, doing everything possible to get in position to score a goal. Tonight we saw a HINT of what he was in his rookie year, but he's got a ways to go. He needs to see some serious video of what he's capable of when giving 100%... Very dissapointing.

Ribiero- Ok, well he looks more the the player in 2002-2003 than the Ribeiro of 2003-2004. The effort just isn't there, he's got to untuck his jersey out of his pants and focus on playing hockey instead of looking good on the ice, because right now, he's doing neither.

Dagenais- Well, hmmm... The new NHL simply isn't for him. He doesn't have the skating to play top 6 minutes so basically he belongs in the AHL.

Bulis- He was alright, didn't have the game he had against Atlanta, but he was good enough. I would like to see Bonk and Bulis create more offense since line #2 is really off.

Bonk- I liked his game tonight, quite strong two way game, and his offense is starting to creep into his game, and we can use it. Remember this guy has scored 70pts before... granted he was playing on the Sens top line, but he can produce.

Sundstrom- I'm not his biggest fan, but he is very effective in his role, he must get tougher along the boards though, he was pretty much the cause of the Leafs third goal.

Begin- He was good tonight, too bad he made a bad mistake and it cost us bad.

Plekanec- I love this guy, he's fast, defensivly responsible, gritty, great skill, can score, great on the PK, he's more of a factor than Ribeiro right now.

Higgins- Works hard, still a couple rookie mistakes with blind passes, but those will be corrected with time, do we ever have a top 9 forward with this guy for years to come.

Souray- Oh Souray, what happened to the guy that exploded in October 2003 VS the Sens in a 5-2 loss... He's playing with a total lack of confidance, he looks confused and is trying to do too much with the puck. Right now, Rivet is a more reliable option.

Markov- Our stud, sure he misfired at the end of the game on a bomb pass with 30 seconds left, but is he on track to be among the NHL elite D men? I think so.

Rivet- Solid game, not many errors, he's actually been pretty good this year, I'm quite pleased. Sure he's overpayed but that should not matter, it's his agents job to get him as much money as possible... But the truth is he isn't as overpayed as some might think.

Boullion- Very good game, did well against the bigger forwards he had trouble with in the last NHL season, playing within his limits and being effective.

Dandenault- He played a good game, he's still getting used to being on a new team, but he's a good dman, nothing spectacular, but effective.

Komisarek- I love what I saw from him tonight, he was physically dominating, he had some monster hits, hope this is a sign of things to come, because he could turn out to be very special.

Theodore- Well he wasn't as bad as he was against the Sens, but he didn't look like an elite goalie either. Not sure of himself, and his rebound control was poor. He better get his act together, or the Habs won't be much more than an 8th place team. He could also kiss his team Canada chances goodbye if a major improvment isn't in order.

Some good things, tons of stuff to work on... Boston on Tuesday, and they are coming off a blowout, no easy games.