Brett Hull Retires...

puck7x

Originally posted by simonus

well, i guess another casualty of the lockout.

Puck - ditto on your Hull apraisal.

Where does this leave phoenix?

It leaves them without a washed up winger.

They'll probably make a trade or two, maybe a draft pick or a prospect or two. Those Kolanos rumours might heat up again.

Originally posted by Leafs Suck

The weak Coyotes just got a whole lot weaker

wayne's really got his work cut out for him now. i don't envy him

1959 - quiet year - only nine years old - still wandering in the everlastingness of youth

[Edited on 2005/10/21 by shortcat1]

Originally posted by Trizzak

well, i guess another casualty of the lockout.

Puck - ditto on your Hull apraisal.

Where does this leave phoenix?

It leaves them without a washed up winger.

They'll probably make a trade or two, maybe a draft pick or a prospect or two. Those Kolanos rumours might heat up again.

Boughner for Kolanos!

I want this rumor to start up again so Lacroix can actually pull the trigger on it. Brett Clark is NOT a forward.

Originally posted by Trizzak

Maybe we should send em Dags. He'd probably produce the same numbers Hull would have this year, and he's cheaper.

But mostly, I'm thinking of the Habs benefit here: adding by subtracting.

This is a trade that wouldn't make me feel uncomfortable. I do like Dagenais but it looks obvious that the line isn't clicking at the moment.

On the other hand, the idea of pulling the trigger so quickly doesn't necessarily feel right.

Last night, after the game, Julien mentioned that it's time to start doing some modifications to some of the lines. He said that it wouldn't be right to maintain things as they are if they aren't working.

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo:

1960 - another quiet year of living in a small backwoods town on the Ontario/Québec border - quiet, fun, long, busy summers in the bush

He screwed over the Coyotes big time, here. Why didn't he just retire before the season started? Maybe he wanted one last paycheck.

how does this work against salary cap?

C'mon Wayne, it's time for Player/Coach Gretzky.

He's likely so out of shape that it would be dangerous for him.

1961 - another quiet year - my grandfather died (I was too young to get the full impact of it all)

Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie

He screwed over the Coyotes big time, here. Why didn't he just retire before the season started? Maybe he wanted one last paycheck.

actually, screwing over the Coyotes would have been playing out the season, continuing to not produce, and then retiring.

I'm pretty sure Hull's salary is off the book now, so the Coyotes have some room to maneuver with trades.

Maybe they go for Nolan around Christmas.

God that would be a gamble, right up there with Lindros/Allison

Originally posted by Pierre the Great

the guy produced great quotes. His after game sound bites were always hysterical.

Never heard any of them. How good's your memory?

Anyone know how old JR is?

Hull and he are very similar.

It was a waste that Bobby Hull's number was unretired for no reason at all. I bet he's gonna give his son a good ol' lickin; when he gets home. I hope they re-retire it again. He deserves his number up there.

In Tampa Bay, Ottawa is winning 5- uh the goal is disallowed. 4-1 Sens. The game has no energy at all. Had they played like this against us, we would have won. TB is playing brutal! Nonstop giveaways.