Notre Dame vs. USC

Fanpuck33_

This just in: referees have it in for Notre Dame.

This is the rule in question:

Rule 9, section 3, article 2, subheading b: "The runner shall not grasp a teammate; and no other player of his team shall grasp, push, lift or charge into him to assist him in forward progress."

A number of years ago, Notre Dame scored what would have been the game winning touchdown, but had the touchdown called back because the refs ruled the runner was pushed across the line by a teammate.

Today, Matt Leinhart scores the game winning touchdown after being pushed across the goal line by Reggie Bush. Do the refs throw the flag? Nope. USC wins on a missed call.

SCREW REFS!

For sure man, Notre Dame was the better team today, and lost because the refs didn't have to balls to make the right call. I don't understand why they so rarely call that penalty when it is so clearly in the rules. It's even worse when a team loses a game because the refs are reluctant to make the call.

It really hurts to lose like that. I can accept defeat when my team is outplayed, but Notre Dame was not outplayed today.

Again, I couldn't agree with you more. I HATE the saying "Let the players decide the game." It's so stupid. The only thing that not calling penalties late in hockey games does is give the offending team a better chance of winning the game. As long as the ref isn't putting the puck in the net, the players are deciding the game.

A rule is a rule, time shouldn't make a differene.