Leafs are ahead of schedule

habmanonthepacific

Originally posted by habsfan88

And its not just quinn, too. The broadcasters are HORRIBLE. Bob cole and harry neale arent that bad, but i just can't stand Joe bowen. HOOLLLYYY MACKINAW WHAT A GOAL!! i cant stand it..and his comments are soooo biased and annoying

every time I hear him, I think back to when we were in university in Windsor. he and another sudbury guy named mcIsaac were in the room next to mine. we used to yack a lot back then.

I see his grey hair and I think... "Wow, that many years have gone by?" :eyes::eyes::eyes:

[Edited on 2005/10/23 by shortcat1]

I heard both Quinn and Julien complaining about the refs after last night's games.

Julien said that he saw the puck in the net before the whistle on Bonk's disallowed goal. That's about all he said - that he was unhappy that the ref's blew the call. [i think it was clear on the replay that the whistle blew a quarter second before Bonk hit the puck. Although I think the refs got this call correct it was unfortunate that they blew the whistle when the puck wasn't frozen. However, when they lose sight of the puck and it looks like its under the goalie they are supposed to stop play.].

Quinn had a rant about the goal that was disallowed. He said that the game turned on that decision which he claimed was clearly wrong. He said that Eshe had put the puck into his own net by moving his whole body into the net when he was getting up and the refs had completely blown the call. [The replay clearly showed Eshe lying not moving a muscle and yet he slowly started sliding into the net with Tucker's stick pushing him along. He was in the net before he got up. I think the refs got this call correct although I was surprised since the puck did go into the net after the whistle and they went to video replay which doesn't take the whistle into account.]

The big difference in my opionion is that Quinn seemed to be saying that the Leaf's 5-2 loss could be attributed to the disallowed goal. Or at least, that that call decided the game. Julien just seemed to be lamenting a bad call and complaining. To me this is an example of Quinn's bad coaching. He is telling the media, the fans and the players that the reason the Leafs lost was the refereeing. I think this hurts the Leafs. It gives the fans the feeling that things are not as bad with the team as they really are. More importantly, it gives the players an excuse for the loss and this decreases their motivation to improve. It also probably pisses off the refs. The only good thing (from the Leafs viewpoint) is that it may make the refs reluctant to make calls against the leafs but I am not sure how much this really affects refs.

Originally posted by Peter Puck

I heard both Quinn and Julien complaining about the refs after last night's games.

Quinn had a rant about the goal that was disallowed. He said that the game turned on that decision which he claimed was clearly wrong. He said that Eshe had put the puck into his own net by moving his whole body into the net when he was getting up and the refs had completely blown the call. [The replay clearly showed Eshe lying not moving a muscle and yet he slowly started sliding into the net with Tucker's stick pushing him along. He was in the net before he got up. I think the refs got this call correct although I was surprised since the puck did go into the net after the whistle and they went to video replay which doesn't take the whistle into account.]

The big difference in my opionion is that Quinn seemed to be saying that the Leaf's 5-2 loss could be attributed to the disallowed goal. Or at least, that that call decided the game. Julien just seemed to be lamenting a bad call and complaining. To me this is an example of Quinn's bad coaching. He is telling the media, the fans and the players that the reason the Leafs lost was the refereeing. I think this hurts the Leafs. It gives the fans the feeling that things are not as bad with the team as they really are. More importantly, it gives the players an excuse for the loss and this decreases their motivation to improve. It also probably pisses off the refs. The only good thing (from the Leafs viewpoint) is that it may make the refs reluctant to make calls against the leafs but I am not sure how much this really affects refs.

The BIG difference between Claude Julien and Pat Quinn is that Julien isn't on TSN after every other game complaining about a hit, or a play or a call that didn't suit him, while Quinn and his trained monkey Tie Domi do just that. Their reasoning for this or the effects of all the complaining they do is none of my concern, i'm just sick and tired of their infantile whining.... and we're only three weeks into the season!:wall:

Originally posted by ~moeman

The overhead camera on the missed-called Bonk goal showed it was clearly in before the whistle.

What bugs me is that the Habs bench isn't asking for official reviews before the next whistle.

Go Bruins!

While I disagree, I still think I could hear the whistle on the replay before Bonk hit the puck, we can't complain about the bench not asking for a review. A question about whether the puck was in or not before the whistle blew is not subject to video replay. The referee's decision is final in such a case. Here is the rule.

Originally posted by shortcat1
Originally posted by habsfan88

And its not just quinn, too. The broadcasters are HORRIBLE. Bob cole and harry neale arent that bad, but i just can't stand Joe bowen. HOOLLLYYY MACKINAW WHAT A GOAL!! i cant stand it..and his comments are soooo biased and annoying

every time I hear him, I think back to when we were in university in Windsor. he and another sudbury guy named mcIsaac were in the room next to mine. we used to yack a lot back then.

I see his grey hair and I think... "Wow, that many years have gone by?" :eyes::eyes::eyes:

[Edited on 2005/10/23 by shortcat1]

that's kind of cool about how u knew him...hm...well if he was cool then, he isn't cool now lol (when it comes to the leafs, at least!)