International Habs Fans

TheAussiePosse

Hi all;

Just signed up, my first post. Great page and board, feels a lot better and cures homesickness to a degree.

Montreal expat living in Tokyo. Born and raised on the Habs, whole family Habs, have been to Forum many times but could never bring myself to go to the Bell Ctr. Moved to Tokyo a few years ago, will go back in a couple of years - and will start going to see games again.

Japan is nice but an utter hockey wasteland - though they do have a comical 'Asia League' here, and one Japanese team wears Habs uniforms (with a different logo, of course).

Just had a daughter, our first - and she is also a Habs fan (no choice, of course).

Go :hlogo: Go!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all;

Just signed up, my first post. Great page and board, feels a lot better and cures homesickness to a degree.

Montreal expat living in Tokyo. Born and raised on the Habs, whole family Habs, have been to Forum many times but could never bring myself to go to the Bell Ctr. Moved to Tokyo a few years ago, will go back in a couple of years - and will start going to see games again.

Japan is nice but an utter hockey wasteland - though they do have a comical 'Asia League' here, and one Japanese team wears Habs uniforms (with a different logo, of course).

Just had a daughter, our first - and she is also a Habs fan (no choice, of course).

Go :hlogo: Go!

Allez Oji!

2006_04.jpg

Hehehe yeah, here's the Japanese version of the Habs

Welcome to HW tokyohabs, I'm sure you will enjoy following the team on these boards, lots of good people from all over the world, I find it a great connection to the Habs as a Tokyo-based ex-Montréaler myself. (...Shinjuku, how about you?)

Thanks all, Joyeux noel et bonnes fetes!

JLP, I'm close to Shinjuku, about 10 minutes on the Seibu-Shinjuku line - in Nakano-ku.

Been here long?

Cheers

Fairly long, more than 10 years. Used to live in Koenji, out near where you are now hehehe.

As for Jungi Ogino can't find his stats ;) but I recall meeting an Ryan Kuwabara, who was an ex-Habs second-round pick. Saw him play too, he tore up the JIHF for years! The single Habs prospect I know better than KoZed does :P

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Aussieposse,

Still looking for people to contribute?

I am Australian too and can put a few lines together about making my own hockey stick, net and skating around our barn like a madman in 40 degree heat.

What a saddo :hockey:

• 4 weeks later...

:hlogo: Hi I am new here the first of many posting I hope some of the graphic and avatar you are using are really great just found the site this morning :clap: been life long habs fan since I was about 4 when I began skating.the WEB a fun old place looking to get tickets for the NHL when comes to London in September on google and up pop this site. I think you well may have an other two member soon my 2 boy's are life long fans well I brainwashed them.

sorry for being long winded hope to here from you like minded people

best regards,

eagle :ghg: 1

:hlogo: Hi I am new here the first of many posting I hope some of the graphic and avatar you are using are really great just found the site this morning :clap: been life long habs fan since I was about 4 when I began skating.the WEB a fun old place looking to get tickets for the NHL when comes to London in September on google and up pop this site. I think you well may have an other two member soon my 2 boy's are life long fans well I brainwashed them.

sorry for being long winded hope to here from you like minded people

best regards,

eagle :ghg: 1

Great job !! :D

welcome aboard.

• 1 month later...

I guess this is good news for the NHL...

I am moving to the UK in August and just tried to buy tix for the LA vs Anaheim game that the NHL is setting up in London...all the good seats are sold out :(

I am moving to the UK in August and just tried to buy tix for the LA vs Anaheim game that the NHL is setting up in London...all the good seats are sold out :(

:hlogo: sorry friend most good seats were gone the the first 12 hoursI got 2 for both games if got we must hook up.

best regards :ghg:

eagle 1

Edited by eagle1

:hlogo: sorry friend most good seats were gone the the first 12 hoursI got 2 for both games if got we must hook up.

best regards :ghg:

eagle 1

good for you...

GO :hlogo: GO!

bóovoners åöayoffsplayfssgöpaösgåääs

hpaöpsa spgöaos wprög pacöoaxös

I was about to say the same thing !!

• 2 months later...

I am not sure what the capacity of the Millenium Dome is for the NHL. I have tickets to both nights but they are in the mid level price range. Major rip off with the prices, plus booking fees but I guess they know there are enough starving NHL fans here to sell out no matter what.

I have a friend moving to England in the fall as well and he is going to the game.....he must have bad seats though.

I have a friend moving to England in the fall as well and he is going to the game.....he must have bad seats though.

well look out for me I will have habs jacket the old pro player version.

regards

eagle 1

well look out for me I will have habs jacket the old pro player version.

regards

eagle 1

I am 5' 7'' WHITE HAIR AND GLASSES FAT

• 2 weeks later...
bóovoners åöayoffsplayfssgöpaösgåääs

hpaöpsa spgöaos wprög pacöoaxös

Hmmm,,, wonder when I wrote this? Mustve been REALLY drunk or/and mad. Was this around the time we failed to reach the playoffs? Im sorry about this really uhmm... "cryptic" msg.

Hmmm,,, wonder when I wrote this? Mustve been REALLY drunk or/and mad. Was this around the time we failed to reach the playoffs? Im sorry about this really uhmm... "cryptic" msg.

Yeah, not even I could make sense of it. :wacko:

Yeah, not even I could make sense of it. :wacko:

:rolleyes: Well it is your part of the world what chance have we got never mind maybe in one of his clearer patch of the day a translation will be coming :blink:

eagle 1

Edited by eagle1