International Habs Fans

TheAussiePosse

I've been assigned to write a sort of mini-series of stories about Habs fans from overseas for Habsworld.

Essentially, I'd like to convey to those fortunate enough to live in America and Canada what it's like to be obsessive about a team that we can only hear, or at worst, read about.

If you'd like to have your story told, email me here.

Please include your forum name, age, current country, and about 300 words on what it's like for you as a Habs from from overseas. You can include favourite memories, funny moments, how you survive on your daily diet of Habs, etc.

As always, Go Habs Go!

[Edited on 2005/10/17 by TheAussiePosse]

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a wonderful idea. I'd love to read about it whenever you get it done or partly done.

One day, in a backward sense, I look forward to be in that kind of situation, employment-wise.

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo:

I can tell you about it over here but that would go against the entire point of the article and it's too long a story. EVen though it only goes back 5 years or so.

uhhhh... what's this about? No posts but a quick response available. Ok... I'll bite.

As a fellow HabsWorld member and international habs fan, I'd like to invite all international Habs fans to tell their story to the world.

I'm been asked to write a series of articles on habs fans from overseas. All that is required from you is a name, the country where you live, and a few hundred words on your habs life - i.e., funny moments, favourite memories, greatest experiences, how you survive without being able to watch the habs, etc.

I'd then rewrite it into an article that would be seen by anyone at HabsWorld, including members and guests.

The idea is to give those living in Canada and USA the chance to understand what it's liketo be a Habs fan living overseas.

Please let me know if you'd like to participate by emailing me at aus_hab_fan@hotmail.com or via a U2U message.

I already have one offer which should premiere next month, but it would be great to get more for future 'episodes'.

[Edited on 2005/10/19 by TheAussiePosse]

If you guys think that you are deprived as Habs fans living in Holland or Austarlia you should come to Greece to see what it is really like.

I've become an internet junkie, dependant on TSN, RDS, ESPN, CNNSI, Sporting News, Sportsnet, CBS Sportsline, Fourthperiod..and many more. Thank God that I accidentally fell upon HabsWorld a couple of months ago. To top it all off, I try to listen to the games on CJAD (Game Time 2:30am) but my ******internet connection is at 40,000k!!! Not very effective.

In any event, I'd love to tell all fans what being a Habs fan outside of the US and Canada is all about. Count me in. I have plenty of stories concerning my experiences for everyone. (One that comes to mind is the night in 1997 when I ended up drinking at Sessions on Cresent with Darcy Tucker, Chris Murray and Shane Corson!!)

There are many more like that...Anyone interested?

Originally posted by Helmethead

If you guys think that you are deprived as Habs fans living in Holland or Austarlia you should come to Greece to see what it is really like.

I've become an internet junkie, dependant on TSN, RDS, ESPN, CNNSI, Sporting News,  Sportsnet, CBS Sportsline, Fourthperiod..and many more.  Thank God that I accidentally fell upon HabsWorld a couple of months ago.  To top it all off, I try to listen to the games on CJAD (Game Time 2:30am) but my ******internet connection is at 40,000k!!!  Not very effective.

In any event, I'd love to tell all fans what being a Habs fan outside of the US and Canada is all about.  Count me in.  I have plenty of stories concerning my experiences for everyone.  (One that comes to mind is the night in 1997 when I ended up drinking at Sessions on Cresent with Darcy Tucker, Chris Murray and Shane Corson!!)  

There are many more like that...Anyone interested?

without a doubt... without a doubt

[Edited on 2005/10/19 by shortcat1]

Originally posted by TheAussiePosse

As a fellow HabsWorld member and international habs fan, I'd like to invite all international Habs fans to tell their story to the world.  

I'm been asked to write a series of articles on habs fans from overseas. All that is required from you is a name, the country where you live, and a few hundred words on your habs life - i.e., funny moments, favourite memories, greatest experiences, how you survive without being able to watch the habs, etc.

I'd then rewrite it into an article that would be seen by anyone at HabsWorld, including members and guests.

The idea is to give those living in Canada and USA the chance to understand what it's liketo be a Habs fan living overseas.

Please let me know if you'd like to participate by emailing me at aus_hab_fan@hotmail.com or via a U2U message.  

I already have one offer which should premiere next month, but it would be great to get more for future 'episodes'.

[Edited on 2005/10/19 by TheAussiePosse]

Great Idea, count me in, from Singapore, a city of 4 million with one hockey rink.

sperryntoma@yahoo.ca

[Edited on 2005/10/19 by Habsp]

Originally posted by kaos

Yes that could make for some very interesting reading.

I'd like to know what made them Montreal Canadiens fans, how popular is the NHL where their from.

Excellent idea

Well, my story is quite boring. I'm an exiled Canadian (used to live in Montreal) now living in England. *yawn* Sorry to disappoint!

good intitative aussieposse :D it surprises me a lot when i see people (members) from other countries to be a huge habs fan~ since hockey is not always popular around the world (a lot prefering soccer or baseball) and i really dunno if the maple leafs or bruins have their own fans around the world, as much as the habs??? should not hahaha~

Haha, great stuff guys, keep those emails coming, whether you think it might be boring or not, I'm sure there's a good story or two in it!

If you have pictures, that would be awesome JLP has a nice one of his Habs jersey and the city, maybe you guys have ones too...

aus_hab_fan@hotmail.com or U2U.

:ghg:

--^--World--^--

Originally posted by simonus

the site already has a pinpoint map (accessible via the top button bar). It doesn't seem to display correctly though.

Yep, it isn't working with the Firefox (only IE).

BTW: I'll also send you a short story Aussie asap.

Wow! I found my spot on the map!!! :D... Sudbury, Fiji... in the heart of the South Pacific! :D :D

oh........... that was just a dirt spot on my monitor. :puke:

Sigh...................... :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

[Edited on 2005/10/22 by shortcat1]

I always read the posts, I dont write nothing because i have the Perezhogin problem, the english language. but im learning right now :D and I will be here very soon.

Here in argentina the ice hockey doesnt exists, only Football :wall: , the only way to see the canadiens is the Internet.

Aussie, I'll be happy to send you a report on the situation of Habs fans here in the UAE, but I have three conference proposals to write first and I'm off to China for a conference/holiday next week.

first I was intersted in the NHL, then i search for a team to become a real fan, after one week i know .... the canadiens will be my team forever.

:hockey: = :hlogo:

History+Passion+Style of play+Style of life....

That's why im a fan of Montreal :/)

:hlogo::hlogo::hlogo::hlogo:

:ghg:

IF anyone of you need a collaborator in southamerica let me know.

[Edited on 23/10/2005 by ARG_Habit®]