Should Danis play vs Boston?

hankhab

Giving Theodores rebound control and positioning struggles so far this year, maybe Danis should start the next couple of games...I know Theodore needs to get it going, but he really let some bad rebounds out there against the Leafs, and I feel he was responsible for 2 of the 3 goals...Danis looked much better in his only start.

IMO- no. Everybody in Montreal loves to push the panic button on Theodore. The simple truth is that he and alot of other "elite" goalies around the league are having trouble adjusting to both the bigger offensive zone and the smaller equiptment. Jose will be fine. Turco, Khabio, kiprussoff, Belfour etc..etc... all have inflated GAA's. Fans have to realize that the days of the sub 2 GAA's are over. Everybody wants more scoring but complain that there goalie is letting in more goals. Danis is a good back-up and that's it, Theo gets paid the big bucks let's see him turn it around and earn them!

I disagree. I think Montreal did lose that game because of Theodore. I think the Allison goal and that second Lindros goal were very stopable shots. Komisarek should also have helped tie up Lindros's stick on the game winner.

Having said that, I don't think its time to panic with Theodore yet. He is the number one goalie. But if he stuggles in the next game, I think Danis should get the following start.

Originally posted by habzz22

IMO- no. Everybody in Montreal loves to push the panic button on Theodore. The simple truth is that he and alot of other "elite" goalies around the league are having trouble adjusting to both the bigger offensive zone and the smaller equiptment. Jose will be fine. Turco, Khabio, kiprussoff, Belfour etc..etc... all have inflated GAA's. Fans have to realize that the days of the sub 2 GAA's are over. Everybody wants more scoring but complain that there goalie is letting in more goals. Danis is a good back-up and that's it, Theo gets paid the big bucks let's see him turn it around and earn them!

Right on in all accounts, habzz.

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo:

When will Mr. Danis get his next opportunity (statistically speaking ;))?

I think Theo will play better on Wednesday. As mentioned before, he seems to play better when he faces more shots and "stays" in the game. By looking at the amount of Boston shots per game this season, I'd say they'll put at least 25 shots on net, hopefully helping to boost Theo's confidence.

Theo would have played many back-to-back games with Huet out but because he is less than dominating I expect Danis will get those starts. So next will be Oct 31/Nov 1 when we play Rags and Pans, then the back-to-back Sabres games Nov 4/5. So I would expect Danis to start twice that week.

Remember how many chances Dags has got, do you really thing Julien will panic and take Theo out after six games, when we are 4-2?

But I agree Theo has not been sharp, man yo ugive a guy $5 mil and he slacks off, don't care much for that.

If Jose is weak and Danis plays well first week of Nov then we'll possibly see something happen, like going with the winner until he loses then switching off, but until then Jose will get the next five starts I guess.

I wouldn't start Danis out of order just yet, not because I think Theodore should be untouchable, but because I don't think YD needs any added pressure right now. The kid's trying to get comfortable with the backup role until Huet gets back, and it's great that he got a shutout in his debut, but I also remember him getting lit up a few times in preseason. If you ruin his confidence by asking for too much straight away, you may also end up with a frustrated prospect and a shaky backup.

Theodore has shown in the past that he can rebound from his struggles, though he's also done better when pushed for his job. Hey, come to think of it, all we need to do is get Hackett out of retirement and Theo'll probably start playing out of his mind!