funny theories abound

simonus

from Ecklund's Hockeybuzz:

"On another Penguins note, I talked to a different starting goalie for an NHL team last night who had some insight to the problems that Marc-Andre Fleury has experienced in the NHL. " I know it sounds stupid, but I think he needs to get rid of the yellow pads. I talked to some guys on our team who said it makes it easier to pick out where he is in the net. Many of us where white pads, the theory being that a shooter looking up in a split secone sees white and thinks there is an opening. Fleury`s pads are so bright that players can pick up where he is in a split second and find the open net. You can`t blame it for all of his issues, but I`d say it is a definite factor."

This might be one of the wierder things I've ever heard. It might actually make sense, but it is definitely wierd.

Originally posted by simonus

from Ecklund's Hockeybuzz:

"On another Penguins note, I talked to a different starting goalie for an NHL team last night who had some insight to the problems that Marc-Andre Fleury has experienced in the NHL. " I know it sounds stupid, but I think he needs to get rid of the yellow pads. I talked to some guys on our team who said it makes it easier to pick out where he is in the net. Many of us where white pads, the theory being that a shooter looking up in a split secone sees white and thinks there is an opening. Fleury`s pads are so bright that players can pick up where he is in a split second and find the open net. You can`t blame it for all of his issues, but I`d say it is a definite factor."

This might be one of the wierder things I've ever heard. It might actually make sense, but it is definitely wierd.

Of course it makes sense, simonus. Colours and visualization go together very well.

I heard a story once that had it that Roy had his pads painted black on the outside and white on the inside, giving a definite impression of a 5-hole and that's where they would tend to shoot. As part of the story (as far as I remember), Roy was made to change the colouring of his pads (I forget why).

I don't know if it's true but if it is, there you go, a confirmation of that idea. If not, it makes for a good story anyways. :)

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo:

I say all Montreal goalies should have White Pads with 12 embroided Stanley Cups on each goalie pad.

My theory would be; every time the forwards and defence on the Habs turned around to look at their goalie they would see those cups and do everything possible from a puck hitting those cups!!!!

Originally posted by Howie_Morenz

I say all Montreal goalies should have White Pads with 12 embroided Stanley Cups on each goalie pad.

My theory would be; every time the forwards and defence on the Habs turned around to look at their goalie they would see those cups and do everything possible from a puck hitting those cups!!!!

I like the idea from an artistic view. I'd be a bit leery though because it may be received as a taunt by the other teams and may 'inspire' them to put a extra effort in their games against Montreal. It's like when a player puts down an opposing team during the playoffs. It often pumps up the ones put down.

Originally posted by shortcat1
Originally posted by Howie_Morenz

I like the idea from an artistic view. I'd be a bit leery though because it may be received as a taunt by the other teams and may 'inspire' them to put a extra effort in their games against Montreal. It's like when a player puts down an opposing team during the playoffs. It often pumps up the ones put down.

Hey shortcat1 how are you? I was so mad about that game saturday it took until today to simmer down. After all it is only a game.

Taunting ???? Nah! Taunting would be handing the oponents business cards at the beginning of the game with a picture of a Stanley Cup and 24 CH's on it. :)

All in good fun.

Originally posted by Rooster

Some serious R&D is needed to develop "camouflage" pads whose color changes to seemlessly reflect the back of the net. What an advantage!

or to go a bit simpler, just create a mesh design on the pads.

How about pads with Pat Quinn's face on them? That way, it'll be like he's getting hit with even more pucks.. (which makes me happy...;))