Bell Centre ice conditions...

Pierre the Great

No, not the , ice, the puck.

With the amount of shutouts so far this season the league is worried they may lose American fans so they have decided to try implementing the new "Mexican Jumping Puck" into the game. Each puck is built around the larva of 20 Mexican beetles.

i don't know it seemed boston was controlling the puck fine in the first period... it was us who just couldn't play... i was waiting for CJ to call a timeout to calm the boys down... the first period was one of the worst i've seen us play this year so far

I diddn't notice this. I saw a couple of times where the puck was fumbled though. Maybe 1 or two guys slipped but nothing unusual. Maybe Plekanec's giveaway had something to do with it. He said he was tyring to chip it. I doubt it though. It looked like a pure rookie mistake.

Originally posted by johnnyhasbeen

No, not the , ice, the puck.

With the amount of shutouts so far this season the league is worried they may lose American fans so they have decided to try implementing the new "Mexican Jumping Puck" into the game. Each puck is built around the larva of 20 Mexican beetles.

I noticed no problem as such.

I gotta say, though, that's one of the best and funniest comments I've seen in a while. Good one, johnny, very good one!

:/):clap::/):lol::/):clap::/)

1955 - five years old - 1st year of school - Mlle Morin's face shone like the sun & everything was where it belonged

[Edited on 2005/10/21 by shortcat1]

thats funny. Montreal is supposed to have like the best ice in the league. I know the old forum had a pretty antiquated system and they made special care to have a supermodern ice system in the new arena. Of course, this could all be bull, I could be suckered by the PR machine.

Was there any event the day before the game? When ice is set down too quickly it doesn't settle properly. If an earlier event went past-schedule it could affect the ice quality at the game. That is part of the reason that many of the multi-use arenas have bad ice (see Madison Square Gardens). I believe this is one reason why Detroit has separate arenas for their basketball and hockey teams (the palace and the Joe Louis arena respectively).

[Edited on 10/20/2005 by simonus]