Hazing

CoRvInA

Have you guys seen the hazing incident on tv...not the Poor kid in Montreal who got acquainted with a broom stick but the fight among two junior teamates ... who was hazing who there? it just looks like an ugly fight from the same team...

any light on this?:monkey:

:ghg:

oops sorry I thought this was the lounge or something else but the HAbs talk.... well being ihere lets turn into habstalk ... I know all that happens in the Habs as (hazing) is that the Rookies pay for dinner... anyone know of something else the HAbs do?

back in the thirties, fourties the canadiens used to shave the rookies on the train to road games. They would wait till the rookie was asleep, have some guys bind him, and shave him tete-a-pied. Those were the good old days...

[Edited on 10/19/2005 by simonus]

I could be wrong (happens often...) but I think that has to do with some incident surrounding the Windsor Spitfires.

Here's the link to an article by Bob McKenzie:

http://www.tsn.ca/columnists/bob_mckenzie.asp

In any case, the Spitfires coach, Moe Mantha in specific is in big caca's (multi-game suspension) and he organization is going to be financially penalized for it.

Likely this is going on more universally than the OHL is willing to admit but, in any case, it's going to come down severely on the Spitfires as a whole.

:puke::nono::puke::nono::puke:

Originally posted by Ginu

one of the guy involved in the hazing things at mcgill went to my high school... they showed it on tsn i found that pretty neat lol

The guy got sodomized by a broom stick, doesn't sound neat if you ask me :puke:

Originally posted by simonus

who wants to do these kind of things?  The mind that decides it is fun to torture people this way is sick.

Amen, Simonus, amen.

It's simply bullying in an institutionalized form. It's morally wrong in ANY form.

1950 - my birth year - un grand merci, Maman!

[Edited on 2005/10/19 by shortcat1]

Doug Gilmour used to play pranks on the rookies. They shaved their heads and eyebrows like usual. I remember hearing something about him hollowing a stick and I forgot what he did with it.

There was one story where he hid in the ice machine and when a rookie reached in for his ice, Gilmour would grab his hand.

Where are you guys getting this broom stick in the butt stuff from? All that happened was they made the rookies strip down and stand in the crappy bathroom on the bus. I have no idea how the fight was hazing, did the coach ask one of the players to beat up the others?

Anyways, Moe Mantha used to coach the Columbus ECHL team, I've met the man!

Originally posted by Fanpuck33

Where are you guys getting this broom stick in the butt stuff from?  All that happened was they made the rookies strip down and stand in the crappy bathroom on the bus.  I have no idea how the fight was hazing, did the coach ask one of the players to beat up the others?

Anyways, Moe Mantha used to coach the Columbus ECHL team, I've met the man!

The broom in the butt is a McGill Redmen thing.

• 2 weeks later...

Im not all for the proobing with a broom stick and all the other over the limit ones, but old teamates gotta have there fun. Every school sport ive ever played on and outsides of school sports had some kind of hazing. I think it actually build comrodery within the team, ya if you play sports you know your going to get it, and you deal with it, you dont be a baby about it. Btw- the ppl who get it the worse, normally deserve it. What went on from what i heard about( im from just near windsor so i read the papers) wasnt that bad, but it got dealt with severely, to send a message to everyone, kinda unfair, but its life. aliu challenged the teams leader, and got it dealt with(i dont agree with the stcik in the face), im sure there was much more than is being spread in the paper. One thought i should add about this, is Aliu and Downie are the same kind of ppl from what i heard, and ex gf of mine was going to highschool with downie and told me about him, cocky, you know the whole im the sh*T type of thing(now both want to be traded)