two pieces to the puzzle

kw11habs

:hlogo: Bonk's a third line bust. Whenever Sundstrom gets back from injury trade the 2 of them to Colorado for I. Lapierriere and D. Hinote.

Lines- Perezhogin, Koivu, Kovalev

Ryder, Ribiero, Zednik

Bulis, Plecanek, Hinote

Begin, Lapierriere, Higgins

Also, Ivanans didn't last long as our enforcer, where's Peter Worrell sign him.

peter worell is probably in jail.

has for colorado, I don't see why they would trade for bonk or sunstrom. but nowadays, lacroix's stock is getting bottom lowexcept for the blake trade, I don't recall a good trade he made.

perhaps someone could lighten me up

Originally posted by kw11habs

:hlogo: Bonk's a third line bust. Whenever Sundstrom gets back from injury trade the 2 of them to Colorado for I. Lapierriere and D. Hinote.

Ryder, Ribiero, Zednik

Bulis, Plecanek, Hinote

Don't you think it's a little early to be calling someone a bust after 7 (seven) games with a brand new team, under new rules, etc...?

I'm not overly impressed with Bonk either so far, but he just may gel if given time. As for Sundstrom, I think he's very underrated, he contributes beyond what the stats show, and will be missed on the third line while out.

I would have liked Laperriere three years ago, when we had some talent but not enough character overall, but that ship has sailed. Begin gives you lots of the same leadership/toughness qualities already and now he's even starting to score goals, hehehehe.

Bonk's fine, Sundstrom's fine, so is the Canadien.

You will ameliorate your chance to watch Laperriere and Hinote play by migrating in Colorado for the winter......you might even come across Worrel in some dancing joint and share a cold one with him.

Originally posted by Trizzak

I didn't think Bonk was doing so badly...

At the very least he's been competent.

I agree, he's had a few scoring chances and aside from the high-stick incident in the Ottawa game, hasn't really done anything to hurt the team drastically. Give him time and soon enough you'll be praising him.

Originally posted by redondo

Ryder, Ribiero, Zednik

Bulis, Plecanek, Hinote

Don't you think it's a little early to be calling someone a bust after 7 (seven) games with a brand new team, under new rules, etc...?

I'm not overly impressed with Bonk either so far, but he just may gel if given time. As for Sundstrom, I think he's very underrated, he contributes beyond what the stats show, and will be missed on the third line while out.

I would have liked Laperriere three years ago, when we had some talent but not enough character overall, but that ship has sailed. Begin gives you lots of the same leadership/toughness qualities already and now he's even starting to score goals, hehehehe.

That's right, redondo. It's way too early to pull a trigger of that kind. There's not been enough time to let people settle into their new situation.

I suppose if, after the better part of the season, or even after this present season is over, then it might be worth considering but certainly not after less than 10 games.

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo:

Bonk a Bust?

He's even on the +/- department (Ryder is -3), and he has a physical presence, can't be pushed off the puck as easily as our 1st/2nd line centers, don't hit the panic button yet -- we're excited about the kids but yet he is a seasoned pro, he'll come through.

Originally posted by JeanLucPilon

Bonk a Bust?

He's even on the +/- department (Ryder is -3), and he has a physical presence, can't be pushed off the puck as easily as our 1st/2nd line centers, don't hit the panic button yet -- we're excited about the kids but yet he is a seasoned pro, he'll come through.

Right on Jean Luc! Don't forget that Bonk is playing against the top scoring line for most of his minutes. Try to imagine Bonk in the Gainey mold (not as good, but that ilk). We have to remember that in the blow-em-out 70's Gainey was scoring like 15 goals per year with a slightly positive +/- - against the opposing team's top line.

Bonk is not doing bad right now, he's getting better, and he will get better still. I, for one, cannot wait to see him in the playoffs.

(of course I was going through my old posts when I was a newbie on the site. Dagenais had just started to produce and I encouraged giving him more playing time so the scoring line could have some size and grit... so I have been wrong from time to time.)

I agree it's too early to call him a bust. What bothers me more than his lack of production (I was under no illusion about his scoring capacity) is his seeming indifference out there. He's playing with a high energy guy in Bulis, and the rest of the team is flying, but he just doesn't seem to be on the same page. I'd like to see him demonstrate some passion, or at least appear to be working hard out there.

:ghg:

Originally posted by marky_and_komi

peter worell is probably in jail.

has for colorado, I don't see why they would trade for bonk or sunstrom. but nowadays, lacroix's stock is getting bottom lowexcept for the blake trade, I don't recall a good trade he made.

perhaps someone could lighten  me up

Konowalchuk + 3rd rounder for Battaglia + Jonas Johansson was a good trade. Battaglia is in the AHL this year and Johansson was a complete bust (who Lacroix stupidly drafted in the first place). Shame on George McPhee for making that trade.

But yeah, can't think of another one. Lacroix pretty much got lazy with all that money he had to spend.

This is what was said about Kovalev when he underproduced in his first 10 games with the team.Soon you'll be eating your words.

Originally posted by simonus
Originally posted by JeanLucPilon

Bonk a Bust?

Right on Jean Luc! Don't forget that Bonk is playing against the top scoring line for most of his minutes. Try to imagine Bonk in the Gainey mold (not as good, but that ilk). We have to remember that in the blow-em-out 70's Gainey was scoring like 15 goals per year with a slightly positive +/- - against the opposing team's top line.

Bonk is not doing bad right now, he's getting better, and he will get better still. I, for one, cannot wait to see him in the playoffs.

(of course I was going through my old posts when I was a newbie on the site. Dagenais had just started to produce and I encouraged giving him more playing time so the scoring line could have some size and grit... so I have been wrong from time to time.)

YOU TOO????? Oh... the humanity of it all! The inevitable errancy of our expositions! The common cause of chaotic construction! The fallability of factfullness! :lol::lol::lol:

1974 - Quit working at the TV station & followed my wife to teacher's college (second best decision I ever made)

Originally posted by shortcat1
Originally posted by redondo

Ryder, Ribiero, Zednik

Bulis, Plecanek, Hinote

That's right, redondo. It's way too early to pull a trigger of that kind. There's not been enough time to let people settle into their new situation.

I suppose if, after the better part of the season, or even after this present season is over, then it might be worth considering but certainly not after less than 10 games.

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo:

1970 - nothing great happened - worked on railway in northern Ontario for the 1st time - actually stuck it out the whole summer - very uncharacteristic for me at the time

Bonk and Sundstrom for Hinote and Lapi?

Laperrière is a great guy to have but Bonk is better. Hinote is an alright kind of guy but SUndstrom is better.

It makes no sense. Anyway, Bégin is very much like Lappy but better and we don't need more than one energizer bunny on a team.