Jarvis named 'Dogs Coach

Quebecois

I actually prefer that Jarvis be the coach in Hamilton for now.

I've always thought the assistant coaches should be chosen by the head coach, not the GM.

This way we have our future head coach in waiting who is Gainey's man... and in the meantime he gets to work with the kids, which is key in an organization entering a youth movement.

Solid, solid choice.

I like every move the Habs have made since Gainey has arrived:

- CJ kept as head coach

- Madden replaced by AS

- Czerkawski, McKay bought out

- Kilger re-signed for less

- Ferland, Ryder, Perezhogin signed

- Mondou replaced by Gauthier

- Damphousse/Dagenais picked up

- Ribeiro signed to 2 way deal

- Jarvis to coach Hamilton

Of course no "big" trades, no UFA signings, but I like the conservative, no nonsense, methodical approach.

I disagree about it being a "dull" summer in Habs land... to the contrary a lot of work has been done. But some people aren't happy unless we've traded Theo or signed Fedorov... I'm not one of those people.

I expect Dykhuis & Dackell to be moved... but I don't dare expect more than that

It takes time for positive changes in management to carry over to the ice... but I think we'll see significant improvement sooner than people think.

I agree with you about liking every move that Gainey has made.....except one.....I still don't want Julien as the coach....should have dropped Therrien earlier and kept Carbo.....

Originally posted by sakiqc

Clement Jodoin is not coming back for next year.. does it means it frees up a spot for a new assistant ? Will Gainey bring another ex-Dallas ex-Mtl.. after Jarvis, Carbo?

I heard Brent Gilchrist will be brought in as either asst coach or scout.

I didn't put much stock into it, but with Jodoin gone... you never know.

P.S. I would have preferred firing Charron, he is a waste of space.

Who knows, mayb Charron is next.

Good to see we're still active.

And I'm crossing my fingers that Gilchrist doesn't come here... and if he does, it's as assistant coach in Hamilton. He's not good enough to coach, assistant or whatever.

Also, I'm glad Ron Wilson finally found a home. ALthough am I mistaken in that this isn't Ron WIlson from Washington? Or SJ? idunno, I'd prefer him, but whatever.

Oh well, about 6.5 days until the next habs move (on average).

I got my popcorn ready!

[Edited on 2003/8/1 by TheAussiePosse]