Game Thread | Islanders vs. Canadiens | 10/22/05

Spider-Man NL

You're right Shortcat1,

It solves nothing. Even if statistics could show some truth to it, all that would be accomplished is possibly a damaging blow to the game we love and it still wouldn't be provable.

I'll refrain from anymore conspiracy theories, can't make any promises on criticizing officials though.

Hope I didn't depress anyone with that bit.

We've got a great team this year and we should all be happy with the overall improvement of the game.

Go Habs!

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by hankhab

Since this is a game tread, a few comments on the game...

1. Habs won this game with hard work and great skating....there is enough talent on this team to play with any team in the league, havn't been able to say that in a while.

2. When the goal was dissallowed, former Habs squads may have fallen apart, but this team plays on...same with the late tying goal by Islanders...this Habs team has the confidence to stay level headed and play on.

3. Theodore has looked better the past 2 games, but is still down way early, he has to work on that...but his play is much more encouraging as of late...still like to see Danis get into more games...

4. Sheldon Souray needs to be demoted, he needs more time to work on his game before he can be effective on PK and PP...give his minutes to Komisarik please! Souray is a better fir as 5th or 6th d-man right now.

5. Perezoigin, Plekanik and Higgens have been great! I hope Perezoigen gets to stay on the 1st line when Zednik gets back...in fact, I'm hoping Julien puts Zed with Bonk and Bulis for a few games while he gets his legs back. Man, next years camp, with Latendresse, Chipchura and Kostitsin knocking on the door, is going to be very interesting...

6. Despite being held off the scoresheet, Ryders game is returning...whew, good to see.

:clap::clap::clap:

Good Post hankhab

I think Ryder will regain his form as well. Sprained ankles suck, did it when I played football TOO MANY MOONS ago and takes time to heal. Ryder does have to work on not giving the puck away so much. He is probably rusty.

I see some people on here dont like us posting about bad officiating. All I can say is TOUGH! You dont like my posts dont read them, it is as easy as that. I dont want to go back to crap hockey which is my only concern.

Hooking, a few tackles and some really dumb calls hurt the flow of the game on a few occasions saturday night. Overall the officiating was average and Montreal has to learn not to take stupid penalties like Koivu's punch. That was an obvious stupid penalty but the crosscheck in his back was overlooked.

Originally posted by Maple_leafs...

The Candiens are a two man team. The only people I give it up for are Saku Koivu and Alex Kovelev. Other than that, it's all hype. Oh and Steve Begin is an energy guy that I wouldn't mind having on the Leafs

MapleLeaves fans really show their colours everywhere as being ignorant and having no knowledge of hockey.

Hey Maple_leafs 1967 1967 1967 1967 1967 1967

Originally posted by Maple_leafs...

The Candiens are a two man team. The only people I give it up for are Saku Koivu and Alex Kovelev. Other than that, it's all hype. Oh and Steve Begin is an energy guy that I wouldn't mind having on the Leafs

I'm pretty sure Mr. Bégin got the sudden urge to take a shower.

[shudder]

Wow, somebody was banned here, does that mean I have to watch what I say???

Someone let me know quickly cause I can be quite blunt...

On another note, this is my first post here, but don't worry I have tons of experience on other forums, so no, "welcome to the habs forums" required.

I've been reading these forums since the start of the season, for one thing Simonus seems like a smart guy, what do you study??? Another thing, shortCat is quite funny, don't know too many super relgious super habs fans. And bebeHabs comments are quite "interesting' shall we say.

Anyways let me end off my first post by saying GO HABS GO :ghg:

Originally posted by PurpleHills

:ghg:

Dude was being disrespectful to the team. We point out the faults in our own every once in a while, but I think we're trying to be constructive.

maple_leafs was just being an ass. talk to any laff fan and you'll hear the same crap "oh! you'd better watch out! we're getting better!"

friggin' black knight from monty python if you ask me.

[Edited on 2005/10/25 by mrgodo]

I've been reading these forums since the start of the season, for one thing Simonus seems like a smart guy, what do you study???

Admins, please sign this guy up right now for the hall of fame. I think it's apparent to everybody that he is hands down the best new poster in years. :king:

(BTW - Law)

Originally posted by simonus

I've been reading these forums since the start of the season, for one thing Simonus seems like a smart guy, what do you study???

Admins, please sign this guy up right now for the hall of fame. I think it's apparent to everybody that he is hands down the best new poster in years. :king:

(BTW - Law)

Cool, where do you go to law school Simonus? I did my law degree here in Quebec and a post-grad in the UK, but have many friends in US universities or private practice.

On another note, this is my first post here, but don't worry I have tons of experience on other forums, so no, "welcome to the habs forums" required.

I've been reading these forums since the start of the season, for one thing Simonus seems like a smart guy, what do you study??? Another thing, shortCat is quite funny, don't know too many super relgious super habs fans. And bebeHabs comments are quite "interesting' shall we say.

Anyways let me end off my first post by saying GO HABS GO :ghg:

I can't decide if this is Simonus or Shortcat1 posing as a new member.

:lol:

He was a troll, aka leaf fan

Actually that might be a bit harsh, if a leaf fan signed up and offered a different insight then "Habs suck!" I'm sure he'd be welcome.

Anyways, glad to have you aboard.