Rumour update

Funk Doc

On Hockeytraderumors.com, they say that Janne Niinima was a target of Bob Gainey two years ago and is rumoured to come to the habs after the game on saturday, many sources claim.

I'm not sure if its believable or not, cause its probably just a made-up rumour.

Niinima makes 2.4 million.... Way too much, BG would be crazy to pick up that contract for an average player. I rather save the cap space and make a move in the new year. You never know, if Colorado tanks then maybe Rob Blake could be available. Plus I still think Owen Nolan could help this club.

Originally posted by High&Inside

Niinima makes 2.4 million.... Way too much, BG would be crazy to pick up that contract for an average player.  I rather save the cap space and make a move in the new year.  You never know, if Colorado tanks then maybe Rob Blake could be available.  Plus I still think Owen Nolan could help this club.

Oh my, please, lord NO, Owen Nolan... NO CHANCE... we already have too many players up frount, good young guys as well... Owen Nolan?

Originally posted by High&Inside

We don't have a top six forward who is a power forward, I don't think we have any power forwards on the team.

[Edited on 2005/10/21 by High&Inside]

Kovalev is a power forward (I hope he proves it soon ;) )

I would rather have dagenais than nolan.

Thats how bad it is :puke:

Kovalev is no power forward... but Latendresse is! Let's wait a year or two.

If we're looking for one quick then there aren't many good power forwards in the league. Thornotn, Iginla, Bertuzzi, Lindros, Lecavalier and Nolan are all power forawards but none of them are available and/or we don't want/need them. Big guys who can score are better and easier to get (besides Dagenais). Kovalev falls into this category. 6"1 but even if he were a midget it wouldn't matter; no one can catch him. I'd like to see him as a runningback in the NFL.

no matter what I am CERTAIN were getting a new D before Xmas dont know how much it will cost though ... Janne Niinima is 0 pts in 7 games he's on the down... perhaps adjusting like Sourray... could be now or never to get him for BG

drafted the same year as Koivu plus he's a FIN and wouldnt Sak be happy ... and if by the same token we got rid of Dag and Rib maybe he would be even more happy??? just a thought!! :):):)

Originally posted by Funk Doc

On Hockeytraderumors.com, they say that Janne Niinima was a target of Bob Gainey two years ago and is rumoured to come to the habs after the game on saturday, many sources claim.

I'm not sure if its believable or not, cause its probably just a made-up rumour.

Yup and it's true. Fozzy Bear gives that rumour an FB78 rating. :D

1976 - nothing outstandingly memorable happened

[Edited on 2005/10/22 by shortcat1]

Originally posted by Dalhabs

Dont feel that we need Niinima really...

Neither do I, especially not if we would have to give one of our current top 4 D-man to get him (Markov excluded as he won't move). Don't think he would be much of an upgrade.

Leave the Habs alone for now. Let them get better without ######ing with the team.

And please, oh please god, no Owen Nolan. Why the hell would you even suggest that?

And no way in hell would I trade Hainsey, Rivet or Souray for Niniima.

[Edited on 2005/10/22 by kaos]

Why not Hainsey? He'll never make it on our defence anyway. He's the perfect trade bait for the defenceman we've been looking for.

Originally posted by kaos

Leave the Habs alone for now. Let them get better without ######ing with the team.

And please, oh please god, no Owen Nolan. Why the hell would you even suggest that?

And no way in hell would I trade Hainsey, Rivet or Souray for Niniima.

[Edited on 2005/10/22 by kaos]

That's pretty well the way that I see it too, kaos. On the one hand, it's interesting and fun to imagine and speculate but when I come back to 'reality', I say: "Ok, let's see how this works itself out..."

1993 - my super little Celica gets tail-ended by a front-end loader - buy a new Toyota Corolla (another super vehicle)

Originally posted by shortcat1

[

1993 - my super little Celica gets tail-ended by a front-end loader - buy a new Toyota Corolla (another super vehicle)

[/i]

Oh so you <b>DID</b> get a new car!

Hainsey for Niniima? I would jump on that in a Ney York minute! I'm pretty sure Gainey would too but Milbury wouldn't be that dumb. Why would he trade an NHL caliber defenceman for a career AHLer who will probably never make the jump to the NHL. After all he did go through waivers with no interest from anyone. Nice dream but won't happen...

hainsey will probably be traded the year

I just din't see why milburry would send is guy to a team that he will fighting for a playoff spot againts.

mind you , I'd take niinima anytime

maybe in a three way deal, i't would be possible, who knows

Originally posted by Mark Napier

Hainsey for Niniima? I would jump on that in a Ney York minute! I'm pretty sure Gainey would too but Milbury wouldn't be that dumb. Why would he trade an NHL caliber defenceman for a career AHLer who will probably never make the jump to the NHL. After all he did go through waivers with no interest from anyone. Nice dream but won't happen...

if they picked him off waivers they would be adding salary, if they trade for him they would be dumping salary. Not that I think too many people really want hainsey.

Hainsey had to clear waivers when he was demoted. Any team could have claimed him at that point. He'll have to clear waivers yet again if he gets called up...Streit is looking pretty good, especially on the pp...so, barring and injury, I don't see that happening...

Best guess. Package deal...it's gotta be a forward (maybe w/Hainsey) for Niinima if at all...and, no, not Dags ...too slow...too big a liability in the new NHL...maybe Ribs?

Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie
Originally posted by shortcat1

[

[/i]

Oh so you <b>DID</b> get a new car!

and a couple since then. They'll come up in the continuing saga of shortcat1's wanderings up the post/years.

1994 - met and befriended some Chinese exchange students - re-opened the dormant dream to go and live a teaching experience in another part of the world - bought Nissan pickup truck - a fun little toytruck :)

• 1 month later...