Rumour update

Funk Doc

Originally posted by Funk Doc

On Hockeytraderumors.com, they say that Janne Niinima was a target of Bob Gainey two years ago and is rumoured to come to the habs after the game on saturday, many sources claim.

I'm not sure if its believable or not, cause its probably just a made-up rumour.

That would be good, but come on... hockeytraderumours.com?

that site is pretty much a joke. they also claimed that ryder was leaving for brad richards and of course it never happened. if you want true trade rumor sites check out spectors hockey or the fourth period.

hmmm well ok ...I recycled this chat topic just so as not make another one... Cause this is useless ramblingof mine... I will check with those other webs too mind you...

I wanted to point out that perhaps (something i totally felt was foollish at the beginning of the season) going after Luongo... Of course they would only trade him to western conference... But CLOUTIER? Jovo and Bert yes ... But the goalie situation in Vancouver wont suit the Panthers. Martin would at least want an Emery or a Theo ... HEll Cujo is supposed to be hot IF SO then Gretzky should offer something If he really thinks so!

I'd think the Panthers would want a young goalie with a lot of upside to grow with the team, not an older goalie that is in his prime before the rest of the team is.

so what goalie would you trade for if you were Martin? doubt this will happen... But being in Vancouver I even think the canucks could even ponder the likes of Naslund if need be! Canucks wont go anywhere with their goalies!

Originally posted by CoRvInA

so what goalie would you trade for if you were Martin? doubt this will happen... But being in Vancouver I even think the canucks could even ponder the likes of Naslund if need be! Canucks wont go anywhere with their goalies!

In Vancouver they should be happy with their latest addition Max Ouellet. If I was a GM I wouldn't mind having Ouellet around :wall:

Knuckles are funny to watch! ..... Getting Back to Olan ... what you figure he's worth now? IF He stinks like he does fishing ( saw him fishing small mouth bass somewhere with these two red neck goofs) I would agree in getting him if he plays for no more than 1.25 mill

I think that to make the deal more palatable for Van and salary cap efficient for us we would have to include another player in the deal.

Unfortunately, I can't see why Van would do it without getting our starting goalie

[Edited on 2005/12/4 by PMAC]

Hypothetically, if Bertuzzi is to be traded to Mtl, I would see something like Theo for Bertuzzi and Cloutier. We would have to give up around a 5M salary to pick up a 5M + salary. Don't see this happening at all though. If Bertuzzi was to be traded, I'd see it more in a move for Luongo (who is a player on the outs with his organization).

Huet the canuck? No way you'll land a goalie in Vancouver. Not now they've gotten pretty deep in goaltending depth.

Dan Cloutier/Alex Auld/Rob McVicar/Maxime Ouellet/Wade Flaherty/Julien Ellis-Plante/Cory Schneider/Lukas Mensator/Alexandre Vincent

Correct. Maybe a prospect in a couple of years, maybe a couple of prospects in a few years but not now. Schneider, Ouellet & Ellis are good prospects. It won't help them in the short stretch. True.

If I were them I'd trade Cloutier and Two Goaltender prospects and a first pick draft for Luongo and keep Bert and trade some other players elsewhere to reduce the cap

[Edited on 2005/12/5 by CoRvInA]