Canadiens Top 30 Prospects

shortcat1

Dan Linn has done a fine job, as usual, on this article outlining his list of the Canadiens top 30 prospects. The link to this list is on the front page of this site.

This list varies a bit from the hockeysfuture.com list but that may be because Linn's is a more updated list. The first is dated August 28, 2005 and this one is dated today, October 21, 2005.

August 28, 2005 ..................... October 21, 2005

1. Alex Perezhogin, RW............ 1. Alexander Perezhogin

2. Andrei Kostsitsyn, RW.......... 2. Chris Higgins

3. Carey Price, G ..................... 3. Guillaume Latendresse

4. Chris Higgins, LW ................ 4. Andrei Kostsitsyn

5. Yann Danis, G ...................... 5. Carey Price

6. Guillaume Latendresse, RW.. 6. Yann Danis

7. Kyle Chipchura, C ................. 7. Tomas Plekanec

8. Tomas Plekanec, C ............... 8. Kyle Chipchura

9. Corey Locke, C ..................... 9. Mikhail Grabovsky

10. Ryan O'Byrne, D ............... 10. Chis Heino-Lindberg

11. Juraj Mikus, C ................... 11. Ryan O'Byrne

12. Oskari Korpikari, D ............ 12. Corey Locke

13. Mikhail Grabovsky, LW ...... 13. Ron Hainsey

14. Jaroslav Halak, G .............. 14. Juraj Mikus

15. Chris Heino-Lindberg, G .... 15. Maxime Lapierre

16. Maxim Lapierre, C ............. 16. Jaroslav Halak

17. Duncan Milroy, RW ............ 17. Oskar Korpikari

18. Konstantin Korneev, D ...... 18. Alexi Emelin

19. Michael Lambert, LW ......... 19. Duncan Milroy

................................................. 20. Siarhei Kostitsyn

................................................. 21. Garth Murray

................................................. 22. Mathieu Aubin

................................................. 23. Konstantin Korneev

................................................. 24. Greg Stewart

................................................. 25. Jonathan Ferland

................................................. 26. Michael Lambert

................................................. 27. Andrew Archer

................................................. 28. J-P Cote

................................................. 29. Matt D'Agostini

................................................. 30. Philippe Paquet

Others who are to be considered are:

Cory Urquhart

J T Wyman

Jon Gleed

Tomas Linhart

Olivier Michaud

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo:

1983 - quiet year all round - kids growing, marriage going along & teaching is still good - our mortgage re-opened going from 10% to 13.5% (workable increase)

[Edited on 2005/10/22 by shortcat1]

This was a good article. I don't agee with everything. I don't think our farm system is as good anymore. But if we draft two top prospects a year (and 2 average) then we'll be loaded before we stock up. Kind of like this year; we had a great farm system but everyone moved up to the Habs.

I sent Dan an email thanking him for his article. I enjoy reading about the future Habs and their progress.

This website is so informative as we have people from around the world as habs fans or fans of certain players on the Habs. Either way we win because it brings a wealth of information we might never be able to obtain.

:hlogo:

Did you say fan of certain players? I believe I'm 6 posts away from giving you the lesson of the lifetime. (Don't take the bait. Just have patience.)

Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie

This was a good article. I don't agee with everything. I don't think our farm system is as good anymore. But if we draft two top prospects a year (and 2 average) then we'll be loaded before we stock up. Kind of like this year; we had a great farm system but everyone moved up to the Habs.

1003!!!! CONGRATS BTH!!!! YOU'VE ENTERED THE HEAVENLIES OF HEAVENLIES OF HABSWORLD!!!!

THE ANGELS SING "ALLELUIA!!!!" :D

1986 - tried to get a teaching position in Ottawa - didn't work so changed job description in Timmins so as to improve attemps next time.

Originally posted by shortcat1

1003!!!! CONGRATS BTH!!!! YOU'VE ENTERED THE HEAVENLIES OF HEAVENLIES OF HABSWORLD!!!!

1986 - tried to get a teaching position in Ottawa - didn't work so changed job description in Timmins so as to improve attemps next time.

I've finally fulfilled my dream oif becoing the first Rangers fan in the Hall of Fame!

But that was REALLY random. And I think you made about 5 typos in Hallelujah.

Originally posted by shortcat1

I've finally fulfilled my dream oif becoing the first Rangers fan in the Hall of Fame!

But that was REALLY random. And I think you made about 5 typos in Hallelujah.

There are similar but different spellings for that word, honestly but I really like your creative use of the words 'of' and 'becoming'. :D

1989 - was offered a job in Sudbury but they couldn't find a place to put me - try again, next year.

great article!! thanks

you know we're bound to trouble when we don't have a legit D-men in store. sure O'byrne looks ok but he doesn'T have any professional experience.

I just don't see why we're wasting time on korpikari and lindhart. these guys will never be NHL players

anyway I hope emelin is a bulldog next year. there seems to alot to love about this player.

I'll bet a loonie that montreal draft a d_man in the first two rounds next year

Ya but Markov is young. He's great and he's not even in his prime yet. And Komisarek will also be great in a couple of years. And Emelin is only 19. I guarantee he'll be a top prospect for us next year. That's 3 good defenceman rising for us. I agree, we'll draft 1 if not 2 defenceman as early as possible. We have enough goalies to last us 10 years and enough forwards young forwards to stop us from choosing them early. We'll go for 3rd round steals. Let's hope Mikus becomes one. If we draft two steady NHLers a year we'll have a great farm agaoin in no time. And I definitely have faith in our drafting.

Originally posted by marky_and_komi

great article!! thanks

you know we're bound to trouble when we don't have a legit D-men in store. sure O'byrne looks ok but he doesn'T have any professional experience.

I just don't see why we're wasting time on korpikari and lindhart. these guys will never be NHL players

anyway I hope emelin is a bulldog next year. there seems to alot to love about this player.

I'll bet a loonie that montreal draft a d_man in the first two rounds next year

I don't know what 'time' is being 'wasted' on Korpikari & Lindhart. Probably the only time wasted is the time it takes to read the short articles on them. It does look not that very good for them to make it in the NHL but, as far as being prospects, they still are.

I'd take your loonie on if I was rich enough ;) but I'd sure bet a loonie on the Canadiens drafting who they consider to be 'the best player available' at the time of their pick, regardless of the position. If it's a defenseman, there you go. If it's not a defenseman, again, there you go.

1995 - Still trying to make the small business work but with about as much success, other than that, nothing exceptional happened

Ya but Markov is young. He's great and he's not even in his prime yet. And Komisarek will also be great in a couple of years. And Emelin is only 19. I guarantee he'll be a top prospect for us next year. That's 3 good defenceman rising for us. I agree, we'll draft 1 if not 2 defenceman as early as possible. We have enough goalies to last us 10 years and enough forwards young forwards to stop us from choosing them early. We'll go for 3rd round steals. Let's hope Mikus becomes one. If we draft two steady NHLers a year we'll have a great farm agaoin in no time. And I definitely have faith in our drafting.

Say it loud & clear from the mountain top, BTH! If we do pick two legitimate prospects a year (which is probably somewhere around average), our depth chart will continue to be quite healthy.

1996 - Still another quiet, inconsequential year.