2 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

One down, 6 (?!) to go

* Domi

* Mete

* Juulsen

* Hudon ?

* Folin ?

* Ouellet ?

Franois Gagnon reported awhile ago that the Habs will make (have made?) qualifying offers to Domi, Hudon, Evans, Mete, Ouellet, Juulsen, and McNiven. The rest of the AHLers are a bit of a guess but their services are probably not going to be retained. 

Don't think Bergevin has made a statement about the UFAs, but I'd bet that none of them get another contract from the Habs.

34 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

Don't think Bergevin has made a statement about the UFAs, but I'd bet that none of them get another contract from the Habs.

Weise and Kinkaid are surely "no", and I would expect the same to be true for Folin.

Good signing (IMO) ... first season is two-way ($225K in minors) and the second season is one-way ($800K whether NHL or AHL, but no cap impact if in the AHL) 

Liked what I saw of him at season-end and in the tournament ... don't expect him to knock our socks off but do think he can be a solid4C and hopefully contribute on the PK.

34 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Weise and Kinkaid are surely "no", and I would expect the same to be true for Folin.

One can only hope.

10 hours ago, Commandant said:

Cheap money for him.  Barely above league minimum.

Yes. For Evans, the big win is the one-way contract in the second year: even if he plays in Laval, he is guaranteed to get an NHL salary.

2 hours ago, tomh009 said:

Yes. For Evans, the big win is the one-way contract in the second year: even if he plays in Laval, he is guaranteed to get an NHL salary.

I don't see him in Laval in 2020-21, never mind the year after. 

He's our fourth line centre. 

23 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Agree ... the only way I see him not as the 4C (other than him just outright playing himself off the team ... NOT what I expect) is if in a trade MB takes on a pending UFA centre (e.g., Mathieu Perrault) in order to get a player he wants (e.g., Nikolaj Ehlers) at a lesser cost in players/prospects/picks ... those examples are for illustrative purposes only (Perrault has a 5-team NTC and may not want to go to Montreal)

2 hours ago, Commandant said:

No doubt. But the one-way contract provides some financial security.

5 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Does he qualify as a Trevor Timmins “Home Run” draft pick?

He's played 13 games and has 3 points. Maybe that's a home run for the 7th round, but in real terms it hardly qualifies as a bloop single at this point

1 minute ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

He's played 13 games and has 3 points. Maybe that's a home run for the 7th round, but in real terms it hardly qualifies as a bloop single at this point

fair enough 

42 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

fair enough 

I thought your tongue was so firmly in cheek that it make break through ...

2 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

More like a HBP at this point.  

Any thoughts on how this affects Poehling’s ability to crack roster? 
I kind of thought he may be 4th line centre/wing...??? 
Assuming he brings his best game to camp, is there room for him as is? Seems like that would mean he’d be on the wing,  again assuming he impresses.

28 minutes ago, hockeyrealist said:

Assuming he brings his best game to camp, is there room for him as is? Seems like that would mean he’d be on the wing,  again assuming he impresses.

I think the first thing is for Poehling to impress, then let's worry about whether he can make the team and where he plays ... he was underwhelming last season and supposedly then (a) reported to the tournament training camp in less then tip-top shape and (b) was otherwise not impressive in any event ... 

2 hours ago, GHT120 said:

I thought your tongue was so firmly in cheek that it make break through ...

😶 I am confused 😶

I never really understood what the expression "tongue firmly in cheek" means, so I don't know how to answer.

My comment was straight forward:,The Chicoutimi Cucumber's comment was fair

*** ADDED ***

oh! My comment about a "Home Run", I was just teasing there... I guess you are right with the cheek and tongue thing

Edited by alfredoh2009
ADDED

2 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

More like a HBP at this point.  

OK, ill bite, what is HBP?

1 hour ago, hockeyrealist said:

Poehling hasnt seemed ready yet, but it seems Evans is above him in depth chart...for now. And playing bit of wing wont hurt either of them.

Assume Weise is gone, will Habs deal for a older Nate Thompson-type (Wayne Simmonds?)?

8 minutes ago, DON said:

OK, ill bite, what is HBP?

Poehling hasnt seemed ready yet, but it seems Evans is above him in depth chart...for now. And playing bit of wing wont hurt either of them.

Assume Weise is gone, will Habs deal for a older Nate Thompson-type (Wayne Simmonds?)?

Hit by pitch😁