Jake Evans re-signs

Trizzak

15 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

... I never really understood what the expression "tongue firmly in cheek" means, so I don't know how to answer ...

The definition is "not intended seriously; done or said as a joke" ... apparently it is an old, old, old, old, old English expression

12 hours ago, GHT120 said:

The definition is "not intended seriously; done or said as a joke" ... apparently it is an old, old, old, old, old English expression

I am kind of new to English , picked it up in my 20s

14 hours ago, DON said:

OK, ill bite, what is HBP?

Poehling hasnt seemed ready yet, but it seems Evans is above him in depth chart...for now. And playing bit of wing wont hurt either of them.

Assume Weise is gone, will Habs deal for a older Nate Thompson-type (Wayne Simmonds?)?

That’s kind of how I see it, but was curious whether the organization would be patient with him or try to push him along.

22 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Does he qualify as a Trevor Timmins “Home Run” draft pick?

Reading Mathias Brunet, got me thinking again on how the draft is such a gamble.

Scherbak or Evans?

https://www.lapresse.ca/sports/hockey/2020-09-23/contrat-de-deux-ans-pour-jake-evans/rien-ne-sert-de-courir.php

1 hour ago, hockeyrealist said:

That’s kind of how I see it, but was curious whether the organization would be patient with him or try to push him along.

GMs in NHL, NBA and NFL all tend to give their own first round picks lots of chances ... IMO he might be traded but not just to "push him along" ... it would be part of a "hockey trade"

On 9/23/2020 at 3:55 PM, Trizzak said:

Franois Gagnon reported awhile ago that the Habs will make (have made?) qualifying offers to Domi, Hudon, Evans, Mete, Ouellet, Juulsen, and McNiven. The rest of the AHLers are a bit of a guess but their services are probably not going to be retained. 

Don't think Bergevin has made a statement about the UFAs, but I'd bet that none of them get another contract from the Habs.

Or not. Blandisi re-signed.